[Resolved] Unfair warning, and rude ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
i was playing survival on the map nuke silo and i went to the top of the level and made stairs leading up soon after zombies chased me (on the stairs i wasnt unreachable). and while i jumped down to get away i guess more zombies destroyed parts of the stairs. so summer10 decided to give me a warning because the zombies left 3 blocks in a row on one of my steps, and im honestly not to upset about the warning, cause you know what i get it hes op he saw a violation (didnt bother to investigate as far as he should have) and he did his job. the big part is how rude he was when i tried to explain it, i wasnt all caps-ing my letters i used no profanity all i did was try to explain the situation cause i didnt think it was very fair. i normally love to be on blocktopia but how he acted afterwards was entirly unneeded and very rude. and i know some of yall will hound on me and disagree with me but thats fine. im not here to start an arguement i just wanted to report how i was treated

Summer10

Reaction score
This could've been handled in a pm, like I asked you to make if you wanted to continue this conversation...
Anyways if you want to continue on with this here, fine. You made 2 4 block pillars in mid air in what looked like a course, after /about ing the pillars it showed your name, so I warned you. After I did warn you, I told you that pillars are stacks of blocks above 3 and are illegal (paraphrasing no logs)(@nillbugwtw or @Lily97 could have logs as they were in irc at the time) It is 11:12 PM here, I have had a LONG day and just want to get some sleep right now, will add more if necessary in the morning.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
yes because they are stairs the were not connected there was a one block space and one block up and i was spleefed by a zombie. stairs are not illegal it wasnt a single pillar it wasnt a tower, the reason i leave it multiple blocks high is so in case someone does decide to spleef me anyone(zombies include even though they shouldnt have to) can rebuild the stairs not have to look over the edge of the one youre standing on with a chance of falling. ant btw the reason they were floating is because the thing i built it on(which it is part of the map) is floating. but either way its the way you handled it. it was really rude

Summer10

Reaction score
Zippy, It was a 4 block high stack of blocks, that is illegal, Quote from the wiki
Verb. - To repeatedly build blocks underneath yourself, so as to raise your height, and create a pillar,All three of these examples are unclimbable, thus making them illegal. If you pillar more than 3 blocks high, it is considered illegal.

It does not matter if they were stairs, the 2 pillars were 4 blocks high which is a pillar, and you seem to be blowing this way out of proportion, it was a warn, not that big of s deal.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
so summer10 decided to give me a warning because the zombies left 3 blocks in a row on one of my steps, and im honestly not to upset about the warning, cause you know what i get it hes op he saw a violation (didnt bother to investigate as far as he should have) and he did his job. the big part is how rude he was when i tried to explain it, i wasnt all caps-ing my letters i used no profanity all i did was try to explain the situation cause i didnt think it was very fair.
To Zippywins, a warning can be unfair, but keep in mind we are all humans and we all make the wrong decisions from time to time. It is good that you stayed calm and I respect the fact that you had confidence to post this.

This could've been handled in a pm, like I asked you to make if you wanted to continue this conversation...
This has been mentioned by Swate before, thanks Swate. No need to repeat it, even though it is pointed at you (a.k.a. useless post).

Zippy, It was a 4 block high stack of blocks, that is illegal, Quote from the wiki

It does not matter if they were stairs, the 2 pillars were 4 blocks high which is a pillar, and you seem to be blowing this way out of proportion, it was a warn, not that big of s deal.
"All three of these examples are unclimbable"
"i went to the top of the level and made stairs leading up"

If there was a stair, he was legal. It was climbable. The only part that could have been illegal is that he pillared first before he made the stair, but I guess you have investigated that? You know, the rule is just about not pillaring underneath you. But if you are tired of a hard day, let other Ops help you or just play a bit to keep your cool, we are a team after all. It prevents eventual bad decision, not saying that this one was bad or anything.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
@ summer10 - you just proved my point by your last post "Verb. - To repeatedly build blocks underneath yourself, so as to raise your height, and create a pillar,All three of these examples are unclimbable, thus making them illegal. If you pillar more than 3 blocks high, it is considered illegal."
I did not under any circumstance build those blocks under me. i built then across in a row deleting and raising a block every time i raised a level. and i repeat for the 3rd time summer the warn i was not upset about it was how you acted and your lack of investiagtion you were rude and snarky when i tried to talk to you. not yell at you, not argue, not curse, i was explaining the situation. when i started in the blocktopia community i was told that it was a friendly and helpful community by several people and i instantly loved it. but in one swoop you made me not want to even play on blocktopia anymore.
@ Marnixxie - Thank you for what you said and yes i know people make mistakes but like i said it wasnt the warning that was the big thing for me it was how he acted. And to the bottom of your comment no i did not pillar at all it was completely climbable until a zombie spleefed it when i was climbing up after i fell (afterwhich i did not return to the spleefed stairs)
@ anyone and everyone - i take pride in how i play i never ever ever break rules on purpose (lets face it everyone does it once in a while without noticing) and i enforce and inform people of the rules when that dont understand. but when i was wronged when i didnt break the rules it upsets me. I built the stairs at the beginning of the round before a zombie was even picked and was warned 10 seconds until the round ended. i was away from the stairs a good 5 minutes or more before i was warned. but when an op warns you and acted the way he did when i was simple trying to explain the situation, it really bothers me.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
@Damer_Flinn Id be happy to....... if you could tell me how to do it :-) it looked like a normal staircase with a space between every step with only a 1 block rise on every jump

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
You mean like this?

@Zippywins Oh, and to answer your question, to post a picture you need to upload it first to a site like Imageshack or Tinypic. After you upload the picture, it should come up with a 'url for forums', or something like that. It's a code with [ img] (get rid of the space) at the start and [/img]at the end. Just copy this into your post and when you submit the post the picture will pop up. :)

Summer10

Reaction score
@ summer10 - you just proved my point by your last post "Verb. - To repeatedly build blocks underneath yourself, so as to raise your height, and create a pillar,All three of these examples are unclimbable, thus making them illegal. If you pillar more than 3 blocks high, it is considered illegal."
I did not under any circumstance build those blocks under me. i built then across in a row deleting and raising a block every time i raised a level. and i repeat for the 3rd time summer the warn i was not upset about it was how you acted and your lack of investiagtion you were rude and snarky when i tried to talk to you. not yell at you, not argue, not curse, i was explaining the situation. when i started in the blocktopia community i was told that it was a friendly and helpful community by several people and i instantly loved it. but in one swoop you made me not want to even play on blocktopia anymore.
I was not trying to be intentionally "Snarky and rude".... I used /b to see who created the blocks, it was you, to that extent I believe it was enough to warn you for pillaring, again I think you are blowing this way out of proportion this was one warn.
@Damer_Flinn Id be happy to....... if you could tell me how to do it :) it looked like a normal staircase with a space between every step with only a 1 block rise on every jump
Your stairs were not like that.... I'll post a picture of what I saw in a bit..
This has been mentioned by Swate before, thanks Swate. No need to repeat it, even though it is pointed at you (a.k.a. useless post).
It was not really pointless since I said what I saw, not just that... and swate posted before me with what I was saying and I didn't know since I didn't refresh the page until I posted it.
If there was a stair, he was legal. It was climbable. The only part that could have been illegal is that he pillared first before he made the stair, but I guess you have investigated that? You know, the rule is just about not pillaring underneath you. But if you are tired of a hard day, let other Ops help you or just play a bit to keep your cool, we are a team after all. It prevents eventual bad decision, not saying that this one was bad or anything.
There weren't any other staff online other than @AvantGarde and afaik he was afk at the time, It was not able to be climbed up, as all I saw was 2 floating pillars that were 4 blocks high.
it was really rude
And again I did not mean to be rude, can someone please give me the logs of the incident?
ant btw the reason they were floating is because the thing i built it on(which it is part of the map) is floating.
There was nothing there just 2 pillars they were on NOTHING there was nothing behind them, and there was no "floating object" there.
I will post what I saw in a little bit.[/quote]

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with this thread so far, so as long as we can keep things civil I'll keep it open. (reread your post a couple times before posting to make sure what you say won't be taken for something other than it is)

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
@ mostly summer10 but towards anyone reading the thread (sorry for caps but he isnt getting it) THEY WERE SPLEEFED ill repeat it again summer SPLEEFED. which means the deleted my blocks which is why there was nothing there and did you check the bottom block of the stack? cause if so you would see it was part of the map.

@Swate yes that is exactly the way it was before it was spleefed (not by me by the zombies)

@Summer10 you know if you owned a store and you thought someone shoplifted from you, you went over grabbed them and was rude to them. (yes this story has a point stick with it) turns out you didnt see the whole event just the end turns out they didnt steal from you and you were rude even though they were trying to explain what happened. (story point) do you think they would shop at your store again? the rules are laws and i stick to all rules in everything i do. and throughout this entire thread you have not once said it might have been a possibility that i was right. you were not there. you didnt see the action. you didnt see the spleef. you didnt see me build it. im not denying that those blocks you saw (with the exception of the bottom one) i placed, i know /b doesnt lie. but i didnt pillar, i didnt tower, i did nothing wrong on my part.

look summer10 i know you did your job, i know youre a great person, and i know youre a very respectable op, im not throwing any of those into question but in this situation i was wronged, and you did not see everything there. you only /b the blocks you saw. but did you /b the spaces that were empty? between the 2 supposed "towers". i can promise you that you didnt or you would have seen that they were placed by me and deleted by me as a jump to my stairs. the other stair steps were destroyed by the zombie who tagged me (and i dont remember who it was and im not saying hes wrong he did his job and did it well, didnt even see him, so great tag whoever you are ;-)) but you only looked into what was seen. which is why i was trying to explain myself. but you didnt even let me do that. you stuck to your guns when it came to this, which is very respectable but not always the best thing to do

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
You're still not seeing the point though. If it was like the picture I posted, then it still violates rule 4: No pillaring. Although it may seem a bit overlooked from your angle, what Summer10 is trying to say (and I agree) is that Rule 4 does not necessarily just mean no "pillaring," but also no pillars. You made a pillar, which by the way does not need to be on the ground, and that is what triggered the warn that you received.

Whether or not the course was actually possible to do is entirely irrelevant, so /b'ing the gaps wouldn't really do much. Also, Summer says that the stairs didn't look like that, so just wait for him to put up a picture of what he believes it looked like.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
@Swate if thats against the rules then why do ops get to do it?? i have personally seen several ops members and trusted do that kind of staircase with none of them being warned. ive had several people, trusted and up included, help me build stairs like that and summer10 said it himself its putting blocks under yourself, which counts as pillaring, which i didnt do. and it wasnt a tower cause i was reachable without zombies having to build, or destroy any blocks for that matter, at all momnets during that game. oh and btw my stairway was only one space off the ground not as high as yours. And actually ill put it this way if i broke a rule of zombie survival why was the basictraining map accepted because if i remember correctly as soon as you leave the spawn if you go to the far right corner there is a jump course leading to stairs that were exactly like mine with the exception of, besides the bottom step, they were all 1 space above the ground. or do the rules only apply to certain people and circumstances

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Pillars are only legit with adminium. In my year of playing on the Zombie Survival server, I have not once seen a staff member do that. As I stated before, whether you were or weren't reachable is irrelevant - it is the pillar that violated the /rules.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
oh so as long as an op makes one with bedrock its fine sorry i didnt realize that normal members arnt allowed to follow the same rules as ops. no if one rule applies to us it applies to all. and yes ops do it all the time its especially popular in the nobuild maps

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
and i just tried to take a picture of my stairs with no luck sorry not good with screenshots but just go to nukesilo to the very top they are supposed to be pipes leading and coming from the ground. and if i was pillaring why was i not automaticlly warned about pillaring.. i mean that system warns me when im even thinking about how to get up to high place. *hmmm....how to get up there??* Zippywins-warned no pillaring or you will be kicked.

L

Later_Gator

oh so as long as an op makes one with bedrock its fine sorry i didnt realize that normal members arnt allowed to follow the same rules as ops. no if one rule applies to us it applies to all. and yes ops do it all the time its especially popular in the nobuild maps
No, no, no, no, AND no. That is not how it works, and for your information staff also have to follow the rules while playing. If (a) staff member(s) make a pillar while they are refereeing, however, they are allowed to. Why? Simply because they're not playing, nor are they affecting/interfering with gameplay. As Swate said, even if you make a pillar or tower with stairs (playing as a human or zombie) it's still a pillar/tower, regardless of it being reachable or not, therefore it's still against the rules.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
and how about this i build a 4 x 4 x 4 block with stairs leading up to it (without building straight up) and i tell the zombies to destroy all but the corners of the box. i just pillared?? no i think not my build got destroyed in the heat of the game. but because you only see (because according to people thats the only way things matter is if someone sees it) the 4 corners of 4 blocks tall i get penalized

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
But... that's the thing...
The ops that do that aren't playing.
sorry i didnt realize that normal members arnt allowed to follow the same rules as ops. no if one rule applies to us it applies to all.
If we're going by that mantra, then Ops will no longer be able to hack to enforce the rules, as that would break Rule #1.
I'm not quite sure how to word what I'm trying to get across to you - The ops that pillar with bedrock aren't doing it so they can go and hide from zombies... they're doing it because when they want to make a quick, fast jumpcourse for humans. Building rules like that(Specifically, rules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8) only apply to ops who are playing (ophuman/opzombie) and below. For example, if an opref was in a 1x2x1 hole, would it matter? No, not really.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
and how about this i build a 4 x 4 x 4 block with stairs leading up to it (without building straight up) and i tell the zombies to destroy all but the corners of the box. i just pillared?? no i think not my build got destroyed in the heat of the game. but because you only see (because according to people thats the only way things matter is if someone sees it) the 4 corners of 4 blocks tall i get penalized
In that case, you either tell an Op that zombies did that, or fix it. It's your responsibility to keep yourself legal, or get help to make it that way.

so stairs are against the rules unless you delete the support?

What? No, it's just how the "supports" are made. That is, if you're pillaring to make the supports, then that would be against the rules.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
@nillbug so the difference between right and wrong is only placing one block that makes no sense if i did what i did and place only one block the outcome will be the same. the blocks under the stairs do not affect the zombies or how they play

Status
Not open for further replies.