[Reserves] Trust No One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This will be a bare-bones Mafia game - no flavor text, no roleplaying, just pure strategy and Mafia.
To keep the game running quickly and to prevent confused new users entering the game, it is recommended that only players with significant (2+ games) forum Mafia or a few weeks of EpicMafia experience sign up, although this is not mandatory. Players with significant past experience take priority, so a player with 5 forum games under his belt can take the place of someone who's only just joined in the case of too many signups.

RULES
  • Under no circumstances may you edit your post. Double-posting is allowed, however.
  • Inactive players will be given one warning, then kicked and replaced.
  • If you're dead or not playing, don't rate posts.
  • All roles are randomly selected, don't moan if you get a role you don't want.
  • Games may take upwards of a month to complete. Please, don't sign up if you can't commit.
  • All game chat must be kept here or in faction conversations.
  • During the daily lynch, bold your vote otherwise it won't count.
  • Factions that talk in conversation may only speak during the night.
  • There is no Last Statement in this game.
  • This setup is intentionally confusing, and is recommended for experienced players. Do not sign up if you think you won't understand everything.
  • Voting procedure will utilize EpicMafia mechanics. All players must vote before a lynch can take place. Each day will have a deadline of one week, beginning from the first non-host post of that day. After the deadline, votes cannot be changed.
  • In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch that day.
ORDER OF ACTIONS: Mafia, Lawyer, Cop/Oracle
ROLES
3 millers, 1 villager, 1 mafia, 1 lawyer, 1 cop, and 1 oracle. The game starts at night and as usual there are no PMs allowed beyond power roles PMing their targets to me.
Role descriptions are as follows.

• Villager: Sided with the Town. Has no power ability but can vote in the daily lynchings.
  • Miller: Sided with the Town. Appears as Villager to self. Appears guilty in investigations. If lynched, revealed as Mafia. Shows as Miller if night-killed.
  • Cop: Sided with the Town. Every night, they can choose one person to investigate. Town-sided appear as innocent, Mafia-sided and miller appear guilty.
  • Oracle: Sided with the Town. Every night, the Oracle can choose one player to reveal the role of in the case of the Oracle's death.
  • Mafia: Sided with the Mafia, will choose 1 player per night with the Lawyer to kill.
  • Lawyer: Sided with the Mafia, the Lawyer chooses a target each night. If the Lawyer chooses the player who was to be investigated that night, they will appear to be innocent. The use of this power is optional.
Mafia/Lawyer will be able to PM each other and decide on ONE person to eliminate from the game. When a decision is reached they will PM the host (Hunter in this case), saying which player to target. All roles except the Villager/Miller have an ability that requires a PM to the host.

SIGNUP FORM
Timezone:
Previous Mafia Experience:

CURRENT PLAYERS (8/8):
CaffeinatedKitty (EST)
xXxFruitNinjaxXx (EST)
digitalmez (AEDT +11)
77_is_the_best (AEDT +11)
Lee_Scar (Central)
Fiestaguy (UTC+1)
Jivvi (UTC+10)
endersteve5 (GMT+2)

BACKUP SLOTS
Ltin (GMT-6)

raxo2222 (GMT+1)

Good luck to all participants!
[Format borrowed from Prizyms early games]
Setup originally created by infernofox
Since the EpicMafia wiki died, this might help some players.​

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
SIGNUP FORM
Timezone: AEST (UTC +10)
Previous Mafia Experience: Medieval M-something onwards, or possibly the game before

i don't remember if we decided on the ruling for taking part in multiple games, but as i'm still alive in SCP i'll give way to anyone who wants to give it a crack (if i'm even allowed to sign up in the first place)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Won't bother to check the number of sign-ups atm, if you still have spots open, I'm in.

EET (GMT +2)
7 finished games and one unfinished (but I'm dead) on Blocktopia, some games on EpicMafia and loads in real life (although not sure if they count because people have absolutely no strategy there).

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I guess I'll do it if it makes you feel better. Would prefer to be replacement atm though.
Timezone: us central
Previous exp: like every game since season 7 except for the cruise and one of Prizyms games I think.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
iirc it's simply a measure against player stress, but if the player can handle it it's fine
in any case players not currently in a game get higher priority
i'll mark you as a possible replacement though

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
welp, that's that, but signups are still open (for reserves)
in the unlikely case of there being enough players in reserve to start another one of these then that's what will happen
two simultaneous same-setup games
note that this is extremely unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.