Remove pigmen from all maps- and don't ever add them again

W

Wimali

Seems pretty simple to me. Adding pigmen to maps is annoying for most players. Sure, it "makes the map harder", but that's not a good thing. People are trapped at spawn or get killed in two hits, by something they didn't even attack. This causes ragequits and makes people mad/upset, and they complain about their death being unfair- Which I agree with. This is especially a problem in On_The_Hunt, where pigmen are at the spawn.

The map Madness had pigmen. They were removed because people were complaining about it so much. Then, there were pigmen in Tenebrae. They were removed because people were complaining about it so much. Pretty sure it happened a third time with another map. Now, On_The_Hunt (among others) still has pigmen.

Last edited by a moderator:

superhalo6

Reaction score
"They kill every fucking person" - WiiGoGetter

Yeah, add this.

Also if no one pisses off the pigmen there is not a point of them being there, if they get pissed off a bunch of people dies.

W

Wimali

tyukmn Zack27999

I see you both rathed the suggestion "disagree", could you explain why you don't want this to get added?

I realize that as a grandmaster, it isn't very hard to fight pigmen. But just think of all these new players who enter the map and immediately get killed by pigmen. Heck, not even new players- I saw Shande get killed a few days ago by pigmen on On_The_Hunt. Ever seen Shande get killed by mobs? Because I haven't.

The pigmen only cause anger with most players, because they didn't attack any pigmen and still get killed by them. It's not fair and it's not fun.

However, if you think there's a reason for pigmen to stay feel very free to say so in this thread!

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
tyukmn Zack27999

I see you both rathed the suggestion "disagree", could you explain why you don't want this to get added?

I realize that as a grandmaster, it isn't very hard to fight pigmen. But just think of all these new players who enter the map and immediately get killed by pigmen. Heck, not even new players- I saw Shande get killed a few days ago by pigmen on On_The_Hunt. Ever seen Shande get killed by mobs? Because I haven't.

The pigmen only cause anger with most players, because they didn't attack any pigmen and still get killed by them. It's not fair and it's not fun.

However, if you think there's a reason for pigmen to stay feel very free to say so in this thread!
YOU CANT EVEN HIT THEM WITHOUT THEM HITTING YOU. ITS BULLSHIT. ;-;

_4_

Reaction score
I hate to disagree, but I really think Pigmen should stay. Yeah I understand they're annoying, but I find it adds some excitement to RoF. I mean half the rounds all you get to do is make a small house and sit there for half an hour, sometimes if you're lucky there will be something to do in that house or area or where ever you're staying. I see both sides of the argument, but I think they should stay. Maybe a compromise would be to lower the spawn rates of the pigmen or set it so they don't spawn near the spawn area. I would really hate to see this map have the pigmen removed because it really is the only map of its kind that I can think of. The way I see it is there's different types of playing styles for the maps on Rof...biome maps, survival maps, maps to get resources. If you removed the pigmen then I really don't even see a point in keeping the map because it seems the whole idea of the map is to survive the mobs.

For what you said about new players playing and people raging I can understand that too. I can totally see someone who has nothing being killed over and over by the pigmen (which happens because the death message spams it) getting aggravated and leaving. I know before I had gucci armor I used to just try and kill one or two then go back to spawn. I don't know just acknowledging the other argument.

Overall I'd like to see them stay. Yeah I can agree the current amount of pigmen on that map is a bit overkill, but I don't think they should be removed completely. It is called "On_The_Run" for a reason..

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
To be killed 5 or 6 times at the spawn of a map without a reason can be discouraging to players. Yes, it gives a sense of a challenge to the maps, but for the players who haven't attacked them, it's simply unfair.
If you're in the spawn you take no damage from either the environment or mobs. o. o

• Informative
Reactions: Cloudy

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
You have 10 seconds. Generally that's not enough to get in, run away and get somewhere that you won't die.
No, I mean you can be standing in spawn and have a zombie wailing on you even after the 10 second mark and you don't take damage. You can jump into lava and go back into the spawn area and the fire does no damage even after the 10 second mark.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
No, I mean you can be standing in spawn and have a zombie wailing on you even after the 10 second mark and you don't take damage. You can jump into lava and go back into the spawn area and the fire does no damage even after the 10 second mark.
Since when has that happened. Huh.
Doesn't change the fact that after the 10 second mark, you can't get attacked by pigmen if you're out of spawn.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I disagree with the idea that they should be removed entirely for many of the reasons listed above.

I do however think that on certain maps where their populations numbers are out of control that they should be lowered. (We can limit the numbers of specific mobs per map)

tyukmn

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe someone could throw up a couple of signs on certain maps, such as: "Warning, Zombie Pigmen ahead", so that players may take more caution before entering the area.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: Cloudy and _4_

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I disagree with the idea that they should be removed entirely for many of the reasons listed above.

I do however think that on certain maps where their populations numbers are out of control that they should be lowered. (We can limit the numbers of specific mobs per map)
I actually tried this earlier but it would not recognize the mob name. (I used everything I could think of)

W

Wimali

Pretty sure dirt did something about this earlier or is planning to do something about (having 3+ pigzombies per map, I think) so there's no real need for this topic to stay alive.