OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Around a medieval-timesish period. Plenty of different styles of clothing and levels of development. Maybe the beginnings of electrical work in the most developed countries, but mostly steam power as in all but the least developed.

Perhaps the most powerful countries are on the verge of war? There are various possible reasons. Maybe the queen of one declined to wed the king of another, or they disagree on each other's policies on any important matter and resorted to force to make the other follow their rules.

Might I suggest the only OOC in the IC thread be tags and short comments at the end of IC posts? It'll make it much cleaner.
I second all of this.

Faliara

Reaction score
I avoided talking about this earlier, but you can have more than one character this time around.

This is mainly due to there being other people on the planet this time, as it'd make sense for us to end up talking to others as well. You can control up to five characters, and due to this being a sequel to GotE that counter is already reduced to four as a good deal of us are coming from there. You're only allowed to use two or three of those characters 24/7, though, and under certain circumstances you're better off leaving one of them behind for a while.

For powers, as already decided before, those of the guardians will be greatly reduced. It'll be around a person's average control of their powers, but there will be moments they seem a little like veterans so there will be a suspicious person or two. Here's a little kicker, though; they're still connected to the world, even if the connection's faded and will not be the same. As such, if something happens to a guardian- a great loss, perhaps- and they get a little... Emotional, you can expect some kind of berserk from their element. This can happen with people who aren't guardians as well, but it's not common and few so large-scale as a thunderstorm and such, so you can expect questions on that as well.

Any questions? Any alterations you'd like made? There's a lot of other thoughts I have on this.

Reactions: Naoh and Hunter

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean romantic love cuz ark bby needs it

It's in a clearing in the jungle
I volunteer as tribute!
I don't see it being very likely but it might happen maybe

And do our other characters have to be strictly human?
I'm not saying like elves and such, but For example MrStitch wants to play a fire spirit/elemental, and I'm suddenly feeling the urge to play a plant-based race.

• Love
Reactions: CaffeinatedKitty

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I volunteer as tribute!
I don't see it being very likely but it might happen maybe

And do our other characters have to be strictly human?
I'm not saying like elves and such, but For example MrStitch wants to play a fire spirit/elemental, and I'm suddenly feeling the urge to play a plant-based race.
ohohohoho i would not mind some elves and dwarves and supernatural beings in this world - especially since we had Endal who was Magic, the whole races and magic thing could definitely be a possibility if everyone wants it

Also I'm sorry Ark is straight :c

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
ohohohoho i would not mind some elves and dwarves and supernatural beings in this world - especially since we had Endal who was Magic, the whole races and magic thing could definitely be a possibility if everyone wants it
Not saying I don't want it, I'm saying we didn't directly make them :p
Also I'm sorry Ark is straight :c
;)

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I know I'm just saying what you said gave me the idea that we could possibly have them

As for us not directly making them, they can still basically be evolutions of humans that have absorbed magic/corruption/sin/other pieces of our elements into their bodies; using that theory we could make all sorts of races

Of course, if everyone wants to, just spitballing ideas here because I'm too excited

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Faliara

Reaction score
We could always just include in reports how they exist or something to make it canon...

So what I had described in the first post thing for time era, culture and clothing will only apply to one country, which will probably be the most plot-important until whatever issue that woke us up is resolved. That country in particular would be the one that believes in the myth of Guardians. Is that okay? ^_^' I just did a few designs for clothing of it.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Noticing we were talking about political issues/wars that might cause guardians to arise from their sleep. I was just thinking we can either have the nations be on the verge of war (Last Airbender style? idk) or possibly have a dystopian type idea like Divergent for instance??

just food for thought

Oh and yea if at all possible. I'd like to be a Fire Elemental though I don't know yet of what that all will entail... <_<

Faliara

Reaction score
Nations on the verge of war would be interesting, but I'd rather not as it would be extremely hard to pull off with the way this roleplay is set up, next to impossible in my opinion. If we tried, I get the feeling it'll die off rather quickly.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
You can control up to five characters
Daaaaaaannnnnnnnnggggggg!!!
I'm not sure I'll even have a fourth.

I'm likely to start with one or two characters (depending how long the guardians remain in stasis), one of which will probably be a human/'dragon' mix-blood (Has magic just like the 'dragons' described in ToTAL (or ToTA, if you count the compound word as one letter of the abbreviation), but it's less powerful and shape-shifting is limited to two alternate shapes and the ability to change skin/hair color and hair shape/size at will. Can fly, but for short amounts of time and no faster than 35 MPH).
These human/'dragon' mix-bloods eat a lot of food.

I'm pretty sure I'll also play as a dwarf, if those guys are one of the options.
Might also do an elf, particularly if they are more based on the elves from "The Lord of The Rings".

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
catcopls
As long as this doesn't turn into the fiasco it did before, I'm fine with it though.

So is that a yes from my plant race? x3

I'm thinking the explanation for most of the alternate humanoids would be "Magic infused itself with X and Y race was born"

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I was bored so I played around with a text generator, I tried to make it remnanty what do you guys think

Font: Running Smobble

Font: Exposure

Font: Psycho Poetry

Font: Deportees

Font: Charming Font

Font: 1942

Reactions: Mia