Release delayed until 12/26 as requested

CaramelCow

Reaction score
Hey, I and a lot of others think releasing the server on the 23rd is a horrid decision and I really think it will hurt the numbers considerably, a lot of people won't be able to play on Christmas eve/day and the 23rd is the 24th for a lot of the world. Releasing on a day where less people will be able to play is bad for momentum and I think most people would be OK with waiting a couple days if it means probably doubling release day player count and meaning everyone gets on roughly the same time.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I was the one that set the date for the most part and this is what I was afraid of. It was either going to be "OH HEY EVERYONE IS OFF YEAH WHOO" or it was going to be "EVERYONE IS DOING SHIT FOR XMAS FUCK"

We'll discuss it, there's no harm in delaying it a couple of days.

Do a lot of people support this?

CaramelCow

Reaction score
I was the one that set the date for the most part and this is what I was afraid of. It was either going to be "OH HEY EVERYONE IS OFF YEAH WHOO" or it was going to be "EVERYONE IS DOING SHIT FOR XMAS FUCK"

We'll discuss it, there's no harm in delaying it a couple of days.

Do a lot of people support this?
Can make a poll if you want, it's not like it'd be delaying it by a week or month it'd only be about 3 days. Everyone I've asked so far has either been in agreement or neutral on it.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
The SMP staff really need all the time they can to get this SMP into a good state to be released in, so it would almost definitely be a case of pushing it back and not pulling it forward. Somewhere between the 26th-29th doesn't sound bad, but it needs to be pretty soon, because DarkRP are waiting to release after that.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I can agree on this a lot, as I personally won't be able to play on the 24th or 25th due to Christmas, and I see that this may be the case for others too.

Bonus:More time to make server finished!

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It can't be pulled forward because I'm not going to release the server while I'm at work, lol. I requested the 23rd off from work to be there for it, but I work every day between now and then.

There's been a lot of support to delay the release so people can actually play.

Does the 26th sound okay?

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
It can't be pulled forward because I'm not going to release the server while I'm at work, lol. I requested the 23rd off from work to be there for it, but I work every day between now and then.

Sounds good to me! It won't even mess with my plans of releasing so everything works out perfect!

CaramelCow

Reaction score

Perfect.

olieb123

Reaction score
so when can we expect it to be up? its currently 10am boxing day UK time and I cant wait to play :p