/reference command for Op+

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I think what Gassy meant by this idea, is that it'd be more of securing your reference. In my view, I thought it would be more like this:

Player1: Hello Operator, could you please reference me for trusted?
Operator: Sure!
Operator: /reference player1

Like, so the HC's can quickly and simply check to see if they have referenced them, instead of going thru each Operator and asking "Has such and such referenced you?"

Then again, it might not have been what I thought, and I'm just rambling on...
So basically, it would look like this.
gassy_europeon just used /reference player1

Player1 would get a message like this:
[Op] gassy_europeon has referenced you.
It's still much more like searching rather than the current system.

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
Just one question (actually 2). How is having a conversation with an operator about tips to improve, constructive criticism, or praise such a confusing thing? Why can't staff take the time to get to know a player who may have the potential to join them as an op and help them along?

In my opinion, Blocktopia is a place to hang out and meet new people and just have fun outside of real life. And making things as simple as asking an op, "Hey Smely! I was thinking about going for trusted, but I need references, and I am also not sure if I am completely ready. Do you have any advice for me?" an automated command will separate staff and guests even more :/

Good idea! :) And automated commands in other areas of the server may be nice, but one that inhibits discussion between players?