Red/Blue Portals

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
I know there's been discussion of removing the red and blue portals entirely, but honestly I don't think that would work too well, seeing as that sometimes two players might want to face off on opposite teams, etc. However, has it been suggested to simply close the red/blue portals after, say, 7 minutes left in the round? There really shouldn't be any need of them except if by some odd chance someone loses connection while already on a team.

Eeveon

Reaction score
Huh. Not sure how that could work (the closing of portals) but if that could happen I'd like that :D
Perhaps it would just be replaced by bedrock or some other block when the time limit reaches it? I assume it's possible due to the fact that the team balances out at that time also. (Not sure of it works with blocks or whatever, though.)

Anyways, I'd imagine it'd cause a little bit of confusion for some people who joined the server late and didn't know exactly what was going on. It would be easy to explain. But, you know.

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all that would have to be done is to just modify the portal coding to make it work like the "Round has not started yet!" thing. I suppose a brief explanation ("Go to the purple portal instead!") could be put there too.