Declined Reclaiming Items

Reaction score
Well everyone hates it when they die, because all their items are lost. My suggestion is to have a chest, sort of like an enderchest with all of the items you lost. Each item would cost a different amount of cookies depending on the item. So when you loose that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious sword, you have a chance to get it back. I'm totally open to opinions and suggestions!

buildbuild12

Reaction score
This would actually be nice to have, because everyone wants their valuable items back, right? However, it would be too easy. New players not liking items disappearing when you die? Too bad. If you die, you die. I've seen a very small amount of players complaining about that. It would also make it extremely easy for rich players (masters, grandmasters). Of course, prices can be discussed but it would still be too easy, in my opinion atleast.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
W

Wimali

Personally, I've always felt like RoF should be way more like Classic: Infinite blocks (so also, infinite inventory). I feel like RoF's system of not having infinite blocks or items makes it almost impossible to build nice, big houses, and be creative. Because of this, you'll often see cobblestone houses or other quick 3x3x3, and in my opinion RoF gets boring after awhile because of this. However, the head staff made it very clear that they wanted RoF to be about surviving, and not make this a little more challenging Buildbox.

For this reason, I'd say people should definitely not be able to get their items back, even if they can "buy" them with cookies. In fact, I feel like most items in your inventory aren't worth your cookies- You can get them all back. Maybe from the shop, maybe from the maps. And if you somehow manage to die with an amazing, enchanted weapon or 10 supercookies, well, should've been more careful. It's not a very fun thing, but shit happens. RoF is about surviving, and giving people the ability to get their items back removes the danger of dying. In this case, people won't be scared of dying anymore (so the game isn't really about survival anymore) but they still won't be able to build big and nice-looking houses (so the game isn't about being creative either).

tl;dr RoF is about survival, adding this takes the challenge away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
This is a tough suggestion, but we're going to have to deny it. Most of us like the idea but even if we were to add it, this would be tough to balance. Survival is meant to be survival- key word being survival. If you don't survive, you lose. The entire point of survival is not to die. We believe that we don't need to add this.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme