Really hidden

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Hello readers.

I've even been thinking about that as operators use /hide that they do not seems to be away.
Therefore it might be useful if Operators use /hide that everyone can see their farewell message.
At Lava Survival is that true and people actually think that the person is gone.
Can be very useful.
That's all.

D

DieLorelei

I am all for this, but even /hide keeps you on the /who list... several zombie players know that now...
Just further tricking them won't do any good as long as they can see you with /who....

I would like to that fixed more, first :p

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
I am all for this, but even /hide keeps you on the /who list... several zombie players know that now...
Just further tricking them won't do any good as long as they can see you with /who....

I would like to that fixed more, first :p
Better yet, let's get them both fixed in one fantastically awesome update.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I agree to this, although are played aren't quite the.. brightest, secrecy is sometimes a good thing.
Hey hey hey, Calm down there.. I've got an IQ of 10, I think I'm quite smart.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
and I am not sure, but sometimes the /who list doesn't work if the hidden ref hasn't talked since the player has joined.

D

DieLorelei

and I am not sure, but sometimes the /who list doesn't work if the hidden ref hasn't talked since the player has joined.
Sometimes isn't reliable :/
MIKE_BRAVE_HEART joined once and was looking for Op's... I was entirely silent because i had /hid 3 minutes before he joined, didn't say a word and he said 'Hey Diel' others said 'shes not here, she just left' and he said '/who' and everyone saw me >_<;

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Well, from when I've asked Ops why they hide, they say it's to check for legals, help people become reachable, things like that.
That doesn't sound like it requires any secrecy, except for not giving away anyone's position.

As far as I can tell, making yourself even more invisible would be pointless?

AvantGarde

Reaction score
Sometimes isn't reliable :/
MIKE_BRAVE_HEART joined once and was looking for Op's... I was entirely silent because i had /hid 3 minutes before he joined, didn't say a word and he said 'Hey Diel' others said 'shes not here, she just left' and he said '/who' and everyone saw me >_<;
I'm pretty sure it only shows you on /who if you have used /hide within that same round.

D

DieLorelei

I'm pretty sure it only shows you on /who if you have used /hide within that same round.
The round had just started, I had /hide on from the previous round while checking players... :/
Either way, is /who even necessary? Thats what
is for right?

Well, from when I've asked Ops why they hide, they say it's to check for legals, help people become reachable, things like that. That doesn't sound like it requires any secrecy, except for not giving away anyone's position. As far as I can tell, making yourself even more invisible would be pointless?
Some OPs use it to trick the players into thinking that no one is watching.
When you know that know one is watching you, you act differently, right?... Its to reveal personalities and see who the trouble makers are and see who the responsible players are.

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
/who can be used to see someone's rank quickly. It's also a generally easier way to see all the players online as it is more structured.
Also why not have different /hides? Doesn't some server software come with that? One could be you go invisible so the player can't see you next to them but can see they are online. The other could be complete hide ( for them sneaky beavers).

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Also why not have different /hides? Doesn't some server software come with that? One could be you go invisible so the player can't see you next to them but can see they are online. The other could be complete hide ( for them sneaky beavers).
But if you had the second one, why would you need the first one?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Tbh.. Let's just make this short and sweet:

Remove the current /hide and replace it with another that will remove you from the /who list and make you completely invisible and show your "Disconnected" message, That way they can spy on the bad players and people wont know when they are on or not.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
I was going to fix this, but I can't actually see a "/who" command, has this been aliased or imported as a new command? Do you mean /players, or /whois?

Fixing the /hide message stuff is easy, didn't realise it wasn't fixed in Zomb when I fixed it in Lava.

IntensiK

Forever
Reaction score
I was going to fix this, but I can't actually see a "/who" command, has this been aliased or imported as a new command? Do you mean /players, or /whois?

Fixing the /hide message stuff is easy, didn't realise it wasn't fixed in Zomb when I fixed it in Lava.
It's the /players and /whois function that still shows that an operator+ is online when they are hidden. It would be nice if when an Op+ uses /hide their /farewell message pops up.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
Actually using /whois tells you that the player is offline if you try it on a hidden op. I used to use that to check if I was hidden before I knew about the other function of /me.

The /who command is the short version of /players. (like /b for /about)

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It's the /players and /whois function that still shows that an operator+ is online when they are hidden. It would be nice if when an Op+ uses /hide their /farewell message pops up.
Actually, Typing /whois tells you your stats, Like your Human and zombie karma for example.. /who says who is online instead of typing /players.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Actually, Typing /whois tells you your stats, Like your Human and zombie karma for example.. /who says who is online instead of typing /players.
If you type /whois name and it shows the player is offline. It'll give a tiny message before the stats saying This player is offline please use /whowas.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If you type /whois name and it shows the player is offline. It'll give a tiny message before the stats saying This player is offline please use /whowas.
I know, But I was just stating that it doesn't show the Player List.. Lol.