Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Username: rawrmynameisrex
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: 10+ hours a week
References (Adv+): I didn't ask anyone.
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations):

Overview 001

Space Shuttle with an Eagle in the background (The Eagle didn't fully render.)

My rendition of an Eagle.

Castle. A castle?!

One of the mountains with a tunnel

Water Reservoir

Train 001

Train Interior: Gold Passenger One

This is the house that I built when I was a guest. I don't know if it's good enough to put in, but I figured that I should just give it a go.

The warp to my plot is /warp rawrmynameisrex

The main project on my plot would be the train and the mountains/terrain. I did the interior of each building, but I didn't provide photos of them. And most of the trees were just saplings that grew, except for the Birch trees that are close to the blue-roofed house, I made them and kinda went crazy with the foliage on them. To be honest, I looked at the works of previous applicants but couldn't figure out what you guys were looking for in an Adv Builder. So if I'm lacking on any of the prerequisites, please tell me. Also, don't forget to look at the Space Shuttle, It's way up above the clouds.

Signed: Rex

Numberplay

Reaction score
+1

If you're wondering what I'm looking for, it's creativity, imagination and common sense in builds. If your build is done mostly with editor tools like WorldEdit, It sure gets less points toward a successful application. But that doesn't mean you cannot use them. There are many ways to make these builds look great even with these tools (by changing stuffs manually for example). Also, if we see too many unused parts in your builds that could have been enhanced, you also get less points (flat surfaces are a good example).

For your pictures, i can see you have a good eye for terraforming. You smoothed your mountains in a good way. and put their shape to good use. I said earlier that flat surfaces are a bad thing but it doesn't matter if it's clearly a Work in Progress. Your house with blue roof is amazing. No walls are left unused. I see some few places that could be enhanced but your build in general looks amazing already.

Now you should try to work on these things in the future on your project
-Better transitions between dirt/stone and stone/snow (not a straight line all around)
-Better stair leading under the house
-better rapids effect on the water next to the previous house
-Work on the flat walls and floor under the bridge

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Psycho and EggNog

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
+1

If you're wondering what I'm looking for, it's creativity, imagination and common sense in builds. If your build is done mostly with editor tools like WorldEdit, It sure gets less points toward a successful application. But that doesn't mean you cannot use them. There are many ways to make these builds look great even with these tools (by changing stuffs manually for example). Also, if we see too many unused parts in your builds that could have been enhanced, you also get less points (flat surfaces are a good example).

For your pictures, i can see you have a good eye for terraforming. You smoothed your mountains in a good way. and put their shape to good use. I said earlier that flat surfaces are a bad thing but it doesn't matter if it's clearly a Work in Progress. Your house with blue roof is amazing. No walls are left unused. I see some few places that could be enhanced but your build in general looks amazing already.

-Better transitions between dirt/stone and stone/snow (not a straight line all around)
Sums it up perfectly. +1

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
+1

This sums up my opinion precisely.

But really, I'm being a rebel and going to 0 this app, the buildings are nice, and show imagination which is a builders main tool. But I don't think the skills are quite there yet

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
+1
Hey Numberplay, I took your advice into consideration and tweaked a few of the places that you mentioned. I edited the snow capped mountains a bit. The stairs under the house now lead to a dock. And then I thought that It would be nice to have a small path/tunnel under the bridge. Thanks for the input.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
+1

I've joined Inon's rebel crew.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.