/ranks

(Veteran) (5k) - description/perks
(Hercules) (25k) - description/perks
(God of Orbs) (50k) - Particles
(Darkness) (75k) - Rainbow Leather Armor/Access to /me
(Reckoning) (100k) - Ride People
(Emperor) (250k) - description/perks
(Overlord) (500k) - description/perks

List brought to you by Vatumok (thanks honey)

Helpful for players who are maybe curious what it will take for there next rank after their rank up or how high ranking other players are and what they had to do to get there. It doesn't necessarily have to be an in game command but a list displayed somewhere would be helpful.

Infection currently gives a maximum of 20 orbs (as far as I know) FFA however gives 25 per kill.

There is a clear imbalance here however, instead of directly increasing the amount of orbs you get from infection scaling orbs should be implementation both for zombies and survivors. Survivors can receive a proportional amount of orbs for how long there survive with a bonus if they survive till the end. For instance if they survive 50% of the round they receive a certain percent of max orbs (not including bonus for lasting the whole time). For zombies there are two viable option I see. Scaling based on percent like survivors but more lenient because it is much harder for a zombie to kill 100%. Or a set amount per kill say 15 give or take.

I would suggest something around 75 max orbs and +25 more for surviving the whole time. This would mean someone who is more skilled and lives longer than someone else will be rewarded respectively.

Please make counter suggestions and comments for what you think. Also thanks to Vatumok for bringing up the idea of scaling orbs and other stuff :p

Last edited:

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Hello! Couldn't agree more that surviving on zombie and mainly infection should be more rewarding. Personally I think humans should get some orbs for surviving every minute. You would for example get 3 + 2k orbs every minute where k is the kth minute passed (so you'd get 5 + 7 + 9 + 11 ... orbs) with a bonus of like 30-50 for surviving. You can also use the fraction of the time you survived to get some orbs on death + survival bonus but I like the idea of working towards the next time interval though, it adds some extra tension. It's also cool to have messages like old classic zombie: 3 minutes left!!! (+15 orbs).
It also may be a good idea to add bonus orbs for winning/surviving streaks over more rounds.

Reactions: Deleted member 4601