Rank Application(What else :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
Username: TheJanHenrik16

Time spent on the server: Too mutch! (during the week 1-2 hours, weekend about 3-4 hours a day,maybe 2-3)

References (Adv+): Silvuss

Screenshots/warps of creations: Use /warp Rock to get to my Redstoneminigames

Minigame: Rock-Paper-Scissors

Pixelart by Ghostbuster333!

The actual Game, 3 Buttons for you to play, you play agains the computer, everyone has 5 lifes (green bar is yours) Red Light means you loose, Yellow means Draft, green means you win...

Well i lost this round D:
Effects/features: Firework by win/loose, Sound by using a button, melody by winning, On/Off turnable hall Lights, On/off turnable Beacon lights outside, 3 Eastereggs :D

Another view with Hall Lights on...

1: CPU
2: 3x3 Adder aray, Game Logic
3: Clocks/databus
4:GPU/displaydriver/Livecounter

Another Minigame!!

Speedrunner, a Hight speed run/parkour game, Player vs Cmputer...
Pixelart now by me! :)

Start, with speed/life boost, Invisible door(Ghoosty :D) and button to start the game!

The finish line

and jea i lost ._. again..

Smaller Redstone Logic

potion thrower...

If you Beat the Speedrunner game, you are godlike, its actual very hard, but possible!

Signed: Jan Henrik

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
well putting my lack of redstone knowledge aside, these creations do what they are designed to do, and do it well. Jan is a friendly, mature player that others enjoy with that being said im going to go with a +1 as i feel bbb could do well with some new redstone talent.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
Going with a -1. The redstoning is pretty good. However, I can't give you a +1 since your builds are generally not pleasing to look at. The builds are very square and it appears no detail has been added to them; they only consist of a few wool variations and that doesn't impress me; you need to have more block variation and set a them that you can work with and add depth.

Other then that, you're a friendly player and I hope you can work on my pointers.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
Going with a -1. The redstoning is pretty good. However, I can't give you a +1 since your builds are generally not pleasing to look at. The builds are very square and it appears no detail has been added to them; they only consist of a few wool variations and that doesn't impress me; you need to have more block variation and set a them that you can work with and add depth.

Other then that, you're a friendly player and I hope you can work on my pointers.
Did you every played the minigame, the application is about redstone and not the building....

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score

Did you every played the minigame, the application is about redstone and not the building....
Adv Builder is about the building skill, not the redstonery, although implementing it into a build successfully can get you some good stuff. I'm going per Sal here - the redstone is great, but the builds 'just don't look good', as Alan Sugar once said. It's mainly square, and doesn't have the amount of detail a normal Adv build would have. If you're trying to get in purely about redstone, you've got a misconception here, as this is rank is about actual 'building', and not redstoning. I'm sorry to say this, but -1. Nice games, though.

tnm

Reaction score
Going with a -1. The screenshots show a lot, but it's only 2 builds and some of it isn't even yours. Your maturity could be improved and even the title of the post shows something. The redstone on the speedrun system is actually quite simple, although the rock paper scissors game does show a deeper level of understanding. The concepts are good, but I just don't feel enough effort has been put into it.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score

Adv Builder is about the building skill, not the redstonery, although implementing it into a build successfully can get you some good stuff. I'm going per Sal here - the redstone is great, but the builds 'just don't look good', as Alan Sugar once said. It's mainly square, and doesn't have the amount of detail a normal Adv build would have. If you're trying to get in purely about redstone, you've got a misconception here, as this is rank is about actual 'building', and not redstoning. I'm sorry to say this, but -1. Nice games, though.
I already told Prizyms, it should be same rated or there should be a restoner rank...

and also people get adv builder for redstone games like mine..... :/

Going with a -1. The screenshots show a lot, but it's only 2 builds and some of it isn't even yours. Your maturity could be improved and even the title of the post shows something. The redstone on the speedrun system is actually quite simple, although the rock paper scissors game does show a deeper level of understanding. The concepts are good, but I just don't feel enough effort has been put into it.
There are 4 Things :D more left and behind... :D

Posts merged by Prizyms

SalientGorilla

Reaction score
I already told Prizyms, it should be same rated or there should be a restoner rank...

There are 4 Things :D more left and behind... :D

Double post.

It's a ADV BUILDER rank, not a ADV REDSTONER rank.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jan is a friendly, mature player
he's a great person. There's not much else to say.
Just going to point out that this rank is not a matter of whether he's a good person or not - it's supposed to be about his building skill.

So, onto the application. Your builds are very lacking. tnmjimbob got AdvBuilder for redstone but his builds were much more fleshed out and required very little explanation to work - they were simple to use but extremely complex below the surface, with as much redstone hidden as possible. Your builds are mostly rather bland and seem to lack an actual design element - half of building an interactive build is making sure it's easy to use and looks good. Your maturity is also lacking at times - in the end I'm going to have to give you a -1.

May I also add that it's been exactly 2 weeks since you were promoted to Builder - I have a suspicion you rushed this a lot. If my suspicions hold true, I'd like to request you put this application on hold and flesh out your builds a little more.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score

Copied directly from Prizyms' response when you posted about the Engineer rank you proposed: This just seems to me as if it's a different title for the Builder rank, with command block permissions (which we will not be giving out). I don't really see a need for it as well-built redstone contraptions can be worthy of a promotion to Builder (and even to Advanced Builder). Regardless, thanks for the suggestion! Whilst Tnm's redstone builds were slightly square, they were well detailed and looked good. And as Sal said, it's Adv BUILDER, not Adv REDSTONER.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'd like to point out that if I remember correctly, tnm got promoted for redstone, so why can't others? I find redstone a real skill to have, especially since I've tried learning it from guides, and heck, even the official handbook, and I can't.
I really think we need to take it into consideration more.

• Agree
Reactions: Jan Henrik

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
Also, there are more then 1 block kind in the 4 things i build, and if you say there are less details, i made everything what can have a aktion workable, there are Eastereggs, even the beacons in front are on/off turnable, the "Cpu" shuts down when not playing for less lag, its compleatly ready, from the outside i Tryed to make one game look like a radio staion with antenna and co... may they are block from the inside, but it has to, its about the game and not the wallcolor...
Edit: and also the Redstone is Hidden, on one game its behind, that you can see what i have build there...

Collosal

Reaction score
I will be going with a 0, I don't see you on the server much (this could be because of timezones) and I don't feel like the detail on the builds are advanced level. I like the redstone contraptions themselves, but I'd like to see architectural work and not mainly redstone from an advanced builder.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that if I remember correctly, tnm got promoted for redstone, so why can't others? I find redstone a real skill to have, especially since I've tried learning it from guides, and heck, even the official handbook, and I can't.
tnmjimbob's redstone-based builds was a lot more polished than this and he didn't rush things - he would spend hours slaving away trying to fix potential bugs and get things to work as best as they could. On top, tnm's games looked a lot more colourful and detailed, rather than having aesthetics take a backseat as redstone reigns supreme over Jan's build.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
tnmjimbob's redstone-based builds was a lot more polished than this and he didn't rush things - he would spend hours slaving away trying to fix potential bugs and get things to work as best as they could. On top, tnm's games looked a lot more colourful and detailed, rather than having aesthetics take a backseat as redstone reigns supreme over Jan's build.
I spend serveral days with Bugfixing and detail adding, the Black wool with Pixelart is my style of redstone using, then Please review not your own opinion, but the style if all fit together.... In my opinion it does, thats because it looks like it looks.

SalientGorilla

Reaction score
I spend serveral days with Bugfixing and detail adding, the Black wool with Pixelart is my style of redstone using, then Please review not your own opinion, but the style if all fit together.... In my opinion it does, thats because it looks like it looks.

Just a quick bit of advise. Take our input and add it into your builds. You might be upset about our input. However, you applied and we don't -like- what you applied with; so, we give you constructive criticism to improve your builds with.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score

Just a quick bit of advise. Take our input and add it into your builds. You might be upset about our input. However, you applied and we don't -like- what you applied with; so, we give you constructive criticism to improve your builds with.

It is not about own opinions, i cant know what you like and dont like...

There should be a defined protokoll with points you review.... for redstone and no redstone...

Because i feel tricked, that poeople rate -1 because people dont like if the style, no matter how difficult, how good it is build...

• Agree
Reactions: Psycho and Zelz

SalientGorilla

Reaction score

It is not about own opinions, i cant know what you like and dont like...

There should be a defined protokoll with points you review.... for redstone and no redstone...

Because i feel tricked, that poeople rate -1 because people dont like if the style, no matter how difficult, how good it is build...

I'm not going to argue with you. This is how applications have always been and most of the time, they work.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with you. This is how applications have always been and most of the time, they work.[/quote]

Most of the time... haha thats bad, there realy should be points you have to review, like we players have the application format...
what everybody see!

Reactions: Zelz

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
I agree with everything said by my fellow ops above. The rank of Adv Builder is acquired by building 3 things that are aesthetically pleasing. You only have 2 builds, and both are not aesthetically pleasing. While your redstone skills are impressive, this does not grant you the rank of Adv Builder. -1

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
I agree with everything said by my fellow ops above. The rank of Adv Builder is acquired by building 3 things that are aesthetically pleasing. You only have 2 builds, and both are not aesthetically pleasing. While your redstone skills are impressive, this does not grant you the rank of Adv Builder. -1

:confused: GO AROUND there are 4 THINGS!!!! i only made screenshots of the 2 Newest!!!

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score

:confused: GO AROUND there are 4 THINGS!!!! i only made screenshots of the 2 Newest!!!
Ah I see, my apologies, since they were not submitted into the app, I did not see them take account for them. Still, they're not aesthetically pleasing. My vote stays the same.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score

Ah I see, my apologies. Still, they're not aesthetically pleasing. My vote stays the same.

WHOOt you werent on the server until my reply how can you review them??!! -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.