Radman573's Advance Builder Application #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

radman573

Reaction score
Username: radman573
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: Unfortunately, /ontime is not included in the builder's commands, so I do not know exactly. I will say though that I am definitely I am over 48 hours on the server
References (Adv+): Nope, didn't ask.
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations): Ok, I included 3 creations that I think took the most time to build. The first two, the desert and the floating islands are both on AoD. I do not have the lvl files so you can't exactly "warp" to them. The last one is in my current plot and isn't 100% complete. You can get to it by using /warp radman573

http://imgur.com/DsKdnL2,YYlBc5U,Gq...CYH,DcQUUml,D7e5mhJ,4CzOt3d,6o6KJvu,AGDnVcf#0
(For picture 14, credit to Kuro for helpping me with the cave thing :D )
Pictures 1-6 : first build
Pictures 7,8, and 9 : Second
Pictures 10-16 : Current, Third Build

Additional Pictures of second build but not including the things in Pic 8.

http://imgur.com/xCa6i,fA0OD,ShHr5,...k,yd1Yj,xSeyX,cBIet,m9z1U,z117A,Na4qJ,ElDXV#0

Signed: radman573 :D

Thank you for your time :D

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Not entirely sure what to think. It seems like you added an unfinished map to it, and that's all. It is very nice, but it seems heavily based off a certain AoD map. Also, as I said above, it seems unfinished.

• Love
Reactions: radman573

Kuromono13

Reaction score
I do like your mayhem map, which is probably your best. But I think desert Ops lacks a bit of detail. Your attitude is one of the best on buildbox so you have the maturity to get the rank, all you need now is to add a small bit of detail to your builds ;)

• Love

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Well, you keep seeming to out beat your previous application, this impresses me it shows progress and commitment. Your level of building has increased a great deal from your first application. I still feel though that you aren't ready for this rank. In my opinion your builds are rather random and unpredictable, I actually kinda like that but I'd love to see some different more detailed builds! You heading in the right direction but once again I feel you applied to early.

Anyhow good luck on your application!

• Love

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
You've come a long way, and I'm extremely proud. Sadly, I'm going with a 0 for now. They're not quite there, but you have definitely improved! Never give up, ever.

Just focus on building. Don't worry about getting Adv quickly, just take as much time as you need. Build for the love of building, and it will come naturally.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Oh wow--two maps that got accepted into AoD? And you're still not Adv Builder? I take it that the third one--currently in your plot-- is another map for AoD? It actually looks good from what I see--though I'm not the best at judging AoD maps. Anyway, good luck on your application!

radman573

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the quick responses :D

I am a little confused on what I should build though, can just one specific build like a well designed home (interior as well as exterior) be counted as a build for this? Or should it be a larger scaled project like the AoD maps i am doing? It seems as if the latter isn't working as well. Also, should I no longer include that first build? As it seems the detail is lacking quite a bit.

Sorry for the questions, but is it also possible that I could "redo" or put some more detail into that first build and make it look better for the next time, or should I focus on building something different, more detailed and planned out (as it is true that I haven't for the past builds :( ) instead?

Thanks again :D

• Optimistic
Reactions: Zeus42000

Olix

Reaction score
When I build, I rarely have a complete plan of what I want the finished product to be. I will have a general idea that develops as I build, for I think that if you have a build planned down to every last detail, it won't be very fun to build. For example: Xilo and I's plan for Arachnophobia was simply a gigantic tree, and the concept branched off into what is on AoD today.

As for what you should build: I don't think that it would be very fun for you to redo a past build. Make something new! As the server is for creativity, try to come up with something new and inventive to build. Look in the real life world around you for inspiration, look for basic shapes and concepts that you could make into an epic build in game! You are a great builder, all you need to do is not focus on the rank, but focus on having fun while building. :)

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
I'm going with a 0 for now. I don't know what it is, but I feel that your builds aren't of Adv standard. I'm not to keen on the map Mayhem for AoD. Some blocks are to over used and there's no set theme. If you could work on not over using certain blocks to the point it doesn't look as nice, it would help, a lot.

• Love

radman573

Reaction score
Thanks again but the one thing that really bothers me is that "Advance builder material" I don't exactly understand what would fall under that category. There is no thread explaining it and to be honest, I see it used randomly in different applications. I know it is difficult to provide set guidelines for building (as there are so many different things) but if some way there could be a guide for it, I think it would really help me and other peeps whom are trying to get this rank. Also, can I please acquire some criticism on my most recent build, the quarry looking thing. True it isn't finished, but I am not sure how to put detail in what I already have. This seems to be a problem of mine, but I really don't know how to integrate it into my current builds, more specifically the one I am working on. In addition, it appears there is a theme issue on the maps. I don't quite understand as it appears to be applied to my building style very generally. I try to make different things each time to see which is best for me if that is what is of question. The style I prefer is a sort of run-down type of look. I don't exactly have a definite biome or environment in which I do this in (although it does seem that ruins best suits this) which I think is the problem if it IS in fact applied to my building style in general. If it is directed towards individual builds however, which it quite possibly could be, can someone please elaborate and specify how to fix it? Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to constantly waste your time with the applications and it truly bothers me to not be able to meet your standards.

Thanks again :D

PS: By no means am I offended by anything that has been said before and sorry if it appears that way to you.

• Agree
Reactions: Psycho and Vatowski

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There is a large gap between what many of us would consider 'Builder material' and 'Adv material'. Basically it sums down to a mix of the scale, level of detail, aesthetics and how unique the build is. It's hard to explain but if you look at a current Adv's builds and then look back at a Builder's builds, you will see a marked difference in the quality on most occasions. I see potential but you're not quite there yet sadly. 0

• Informative

tnm

Reaction score
0 leaning to a +1. Don't rush to get Advance Builder, just for the rank. It'll come naturally as you start to build more, and try out other things. Your maps look fairly good, but try to remember to add the finest details. These details often decide between accepted and denied. But you're almost there!

Just remember; take it at your own pace. Don't rush to get Advance in the quickest time possible. I'll give a plus one if I see some more detail though!

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.