radman573's Advance Builder App #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

radman573

Reaction score
Username: radman573
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: The past week, it has been about 1-7 hours a day. In general 1-2 hours.
References (Adv+): Didn't ask anyone.
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations): All the following pictures are in my plot. I took all the advice on the last app and I enlarged the stalactites to make the islands look a little more "floaty". I also changed up some of the houses and added more detail to the map in general.
http://imgur.com/xCa6i,fA0OD,ShHr5,...,yd1Yj,xSeyX,cBIet,m9z1U,z117A,Na4qJ,ElDXV#15
Signed: radman573

I would like to thank the people who commented and left advice on my last Adv Builder app, without those comments, my plot would never be at the current level of detail it is in now. Thanks again :D

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Your a nice guy fun to chat with, your builds aren't bad but not Adv. quality yet. I suggest trying to make a new build make it have one clear style more defined. You have improved your building skills I can clearly tell from looking at this build and you took suggestions from your last application and made use of them.There are places where you need to improve for example:

• Some, I repeat some not all of your houses are boxy which really doesn't look good on a application.
  • Your map doesn't really seem to have a clear theme.
  • In some places it is a little to obvious that you used world edit to make the terrain.
Besides this I can't really think of anything else to add. you have made some major improvements for instance your interior design looks pretty good. Your not a bad builder but I'm going with a -1.

Don't let this discourage you, you are doing a fine job at building and you will get Adv. sometime if you keep at it.

Numberplay

Reaction score
I feel you're trying to rush things. You're not gonna improve from builder level to adv in one day. or in this case, in one build. The fact you took the same build than last time doesn't show us if you,re capable of doing something else on the advbuilder level. Try to build something on another theme, this way we can tell if you've really improved or if you just followed our advices on this particular build.

Also NogTrog got a good review on your build.

-1 as well.

• Agree
Reactions: radman573

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I can see that you made quite a few tweaks on your build, but compared to your previous submission-- The spheres are still the same and yeah-- I noticed a few WorldEdit stuff. Also, I feel that you went a little overkill on the vines.

I noticed that you have quite a lot of space under these floating islands and that the Ops seem to note that you don't have a considerable theme to play on. Perhaps you can create more floating islands in the empty space but have an overall seasonal theme? Like the islands on top can be winterfresh whilst the islands on the bottom can be hell-like..

As for the whole floating islands aspect. I do like it in some respects-- but I feel that the connection points aren't as interesting. Some parts are simply straight, flat, areas whilst others require an actual jump. I'd expect these parts that require the jump to be replaced with stairs. And then the paths that don't have rails on them to be lined with fences or something.

Actually, you can disregard most of what I said up there cause I'm not the best builder to be providing advice... but you see that empty space under your map? It needs some good loving too.

• Agree

radman573

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses :D

I'll wait a little more next time and make new things once I can clear my plot, and I will add all the things mentioned in for the project that I displayed to you :D

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Your builds are heading in the right direction. They've improved a lot since last time. For now, I'll stick with a 0.
They aren't quite there, but I can see you're improving rapidly. Keep it up, and we'll see.
Nog summed it up quite perfectly.

• Agree

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
Rolling in with a -1, Nog, Number and Rawr took the words right out of my mouth.
And I want to add, if you are really keen for this rank, I would highly suggest you start again. Pick a theme, stick to it, know what it is your making and over all, keep being creative. Best of luck.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.