Quick poll

Have you been to our Wiki within the last two weeks?

• No

Votes: 98 46.9%
  • Yes, maybe once, if at all

Votes: 58 27.8%
  • Yes, a few times

Votes: 53 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RD4life

Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
No, I don't. I find the wiki quite hard to navigate, with (I think) missing parts of information and not a lot of details. It feels really barren and impersonal, and since I can get most server information on the actual server itself through talking with staff I feel no need to go on there. Most new updates are also given on the forums, which I basically check once an hour except for when I am sleeping.

Furthermore, now that I have checked through the wiki for the first time in weeks (after casting my vote) I get a really barren vibe. There's a lot of white on every page, and it doesn't feel warm. One of the few things I actually liked about the wiki page was the server drawings, but they seem to have been replaced with workbenches. I am aware new servers were added and old ones were removed, but surely someone would have time to make a quick drawing.

So yeah, I thought you guys could probably use my opinion, since you are making a poll about it. Don't be to harsh on my grammar. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Forest_Knight

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I did once; however, I feel that even while the information is condensed to a singular website with generally easily navigable topics, it is really only suited to a new or confused player/addition to the community. Even without server presence I already know everything posted there by way of the Meeting Recaps or by word of mouth.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
I usually find any information I'm looking for via the Forums, and if I have a question about a command on JtE or RoF I can simply ask for help ingame. The wiki is a wonderful idea for a tool, it just probably isn't used too actively. Also-
surely someone would have time to make a quick drawing
I VOLUNTEER.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I found the Wiki of great use when I first joined also, I didn't know all the workings of the forums and couldn't navigate them quickly to find any information I wanted. Thats why the Wiki came in great handy, its very easy to navigate and it tells you everything you need to know. For old members the appeal of the Wiki is not high, or is not there at all, this is because they know how to work the forum, and have probably seen the information they need before so they can find it on the forum quickly.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Back on Classic TNT, http://blocktopia.net/wiki/TNT_CommandBlocks served as an amazingly useful point of reference which I both made and made tons of use of. It's also helped with map dimensions when I want to do work with them, i.e, converting to premium, and what map i'm actually handling.
Yeah, but how many other people used it? It was a place where you hosted your own information which only you actively referred to!

GoldenValley

Donor
Reaction score
Back when I actively played TnT Wars, I would frequently access its wiki to look at the weapons page, specifically for the sake of finding the weapons' upgrade trees, improvements, and costs (I was very sad that the nuke had no upgrade). When I stopped visiting TnT in favor of Lava, I sporadically checked the Lava wiki to see rank permissions for commands and the staff roster (especially once I became an operator, since it had taken the editors 3 weeks to put me on the list).

Other than that, I've had no real reason to visit the wiki pages, and like Txboy1234, I cannot remember the last time I visited any of the pages.

_4_

Reaction score
I personally love the wiki. I use it mostly for history purposes. It's great to find old staff recaps and info on maps and sometimes players. The only problem I see with it is that there's many blank pages and it's confusing on how to edit things.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
I use the wiki....especially to keep up with seeing who got promoted and demoted and who ex staff was in case of the zombie list

Also I would look at raxo's staff roster but that thing confuses me

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
No as I always get this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function getEmail() on a non-object in /home/virtual/site283/fst/var/www/html/w/extensions/XenForo/authplugin.php on line 91

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Yeah, but how many other people used it? It was a place where you hosted your own information which only you actively referred to!
The question asks me :(

Considering:
Lava
TNT Wars
Zombie
Zombie Staff
Lava Staff
Legends of Primordia/old
Primordia Classes
Legends of Primordia
SMP
Very nice statistics! I love statistics, and this shows that peopel DO use the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.