SMP - Accepted Questmaster Tamzies - Events Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamzies

Reaction score
Welcome on my Application, for SMP Mod. (Questmaster).

What is your in-game name? (Please also give any alt accounts, and if you're applying for our TTT or DarkRP server, your Steam ID.)

My in game name is Tamzies. I don't have any alts and I never will have any.

What timezone do you live in?

I am from the Netherlands, so I am in GMT +1.

How many hours have you played on the server for?

2 Days, 1 hour, 45 minutes, 50 seconds at the time of posting.
Which is 49 hours and 46 minutes.

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?

I think I can make 3 hours per day in, but I must say I am at my boyfriends on sundays.

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)

I have staffed Buildbox for more than a year and I have been a Rof mod for more than 2 years now. :) *yay me*

BuildBox Operator
Rituals Of Fire Vetop / Operator

What do you think the role entails?

Well, I have been creating events for multiple servers for a while now. I have done Aod events in the past and I have been involved in the Rof event team for more than half a year now. I love creating events and thinking of how I could make it fun for players. Also when there is unfair grief I could use my abilities of Co i to check who done it and address that person accordingly. I want to try to set my primarily focus on events and lore etc. If something happens that requires me attention I will try to settle it appropriately. I think a moderator should be appropriable and friendly towards the community. Even if you don't like everyone, everyone should be treated with the same respect.

Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to help bring the server to the next level. Now everyone has their houses done and the items they need it can get boring. I want to bring some live into this game and give it a new spark. :) I love to think creative and gives something back. A server needs mods that follow the rules strictly, but it also needs to social variety that can bring that little bit extra.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?

I think I will be an asset to the team as I am a social mod. I have lots of experience with events and thinking of new events to do. I know the controls and commands and I think I can bring something new.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

Always ask someone that has knowledge about it, or if that person isn't online and it is a problem that has to be addressed immediately. I would tell the person what I would do in said situation. Or I would try to make the best out of it.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?

I want to focus mainly on quests and events for the whole server. I think I can do this without being objectively towards my family. I love giving people a good time on their game and I think it is needed if we want to stay active. I also think that being a female has an advantage, we see things differently and can give a different perspective of a situation.

Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory!)
Danni122112 - Controller
Eggnog - Operator
Major_Bryan - Operator

Thanks for the read and the references, hugs from me :)

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Hi Tam!

So happy to see that you want to join this staff team! I've known you for awhile and witnessed you staffing on the Buildbox team as well and I'm more then confident that you can handle this role excellently. As a member of Gaia you're easily one of the friendliest and sociable people in the clan always answering questions and helping people out. In main chat you also make your presence known and I feel as though people are comfortable around you. The importance of having the trust and respect of the playerbase cannot be overstated and I believe you have just that. After reading over your application and talking to you in-game the priority you put on creating events and other content to keep the sever going stands out to me. This is exceptionally important and I'm glad you're interested in contributing in this way.

Definitely a +1 from me.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Well written application :)

Anyway i dont get to see you on the server a lot since i play mostly late at night in my timezone (gmt -4 at like 1 am) But from what i have seen you are very active and pretty outgoing on the server. You have a lot of experience on your belt and you look like you can do a lot to make the server a better place

+1 from me

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You're applying for something that's a little bit off from a basic moderator application, I have some questions.

1) Please describe in detail the events for RoF and AoD that you managed, how you contributed, and how successful they were. Photos are helpful.

2) What experience do you have with any quest plugins or npc scripting? Quests in a server are honestly 3% creative thinking and another 97% implementing through various plugin commands and configs, scripting, and command block voodoo. Events are one thing but saying you want to focus on quests without experience in making them is more like "I want to tell you what quests to spend hours making." Between myself and the current SMP team, I don't think we have a shortage of creative talent to design quests, just the time and the technical prowess to implement them. Which do you intend to do, if accepted?

3) Please describe ideas you have for events (not quests), including implementation steps.

Tamzies

Reaction score
Lets see:

I have almost done all lobby decorations for Rof. I have also made the Christmas lobby on AOD when Ryan was the leader.
Talk like a pirate day - The maze rooms and idea came from me. Dess helped with building. The secret heads were my idea.
Almost all Christmas events we did were my idea, I personal messaged you a lot about events aswell in the past.I don't make screenshots, because I didn't think they were necessary.
The Halloween hunt on create, the witches and kittens with a text was mine.
I think I suggested opposite day for Rof.
The easter hunt on rof with staff bots was my idea.
I think I dont need to go on.

I cant script or do plugins you know this. But then again I have done events for servers for 2 years, those arent always needed. Not everything needs to be scripted. A Quest can also be slay a Enderdragon with all of the families on a set point and build an event around that. Of course I wouldn´t do only events, I would also mod in the server. Find grief etc, but I think I can give some good idea's.

An event would be that a message appears in chat with:
Soldier jack calls for aid at *coords*

All players could go to this point and this is a PVP free zone. At the point mentioned mobs will be spawned. Could be an Enderdragon, but mobs could be possible aswell.

Everyone that worked together on the aid for the soldier gets a reward. This is a simple but fun event. You don't have to code anything and only need someone to spawn and supervisor the whole thing.

Also we could make a dungeon/hideout on create and name it Smugglers Cavern or something. This is randomly pasted and no one will know about it. People can randomly stumble on its location. The cavern is filled with mobs and epic loot. Can only be done once and then its raided. Make it have a backgroundstory even as if they are rogue family members.

Also Family events can be thought of when spoken with leaders. If they have idea´s for something special. Maybe Gaia gets an extra efficiency buff for a day and combat for Aeres. Something that suits the family.

I am of opinion that not all events need coding. My degree is in psychology and I don´t know any coding. But I have done fine for my servers.

Last edited:

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello!

I don't see anything wrong with your application, I see you online decently enough. You are a very nice person and get along with everyone on the server. One concern I have is that although I see you active in main chat I don't see you answering questions or helping new players often.

I'm going to go with a 0, leaning towards a +1 for a trial.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I believe someone in charge of coming up with, organizing, and hosting events would greatly benefit the server.

I know that smaller events could be planned with minimal to no backend use. For the larger events, those would be spaced out. Thus giving us plenty of time for any backend work. I couldn't think of a reason why we wouldn't want to take advantage of opportunity. +1 from me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112
Status
Not open for further replies.