Pushing players (Some advice)

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
I've seen this far too many times.

You are in a game on your amazing jump course when somebody comes along and jumps on the same block as you. What happens next is a game of accidental pushing where one of you will be likely to fall off then rage that you were pushed. Said raging in some cases leads to action being taken out on yourself for not dealing with it calmly. But lets take a step back.

You make a jump course. Or you are standing on a reachable block high up in a map where if you were to fall would lead to your untimely death. I understand how annoying it can get when someone jumps on the block you are on and you think why? Its pretty easy to say that having two people or more on one block is difficult to keep up.

There is also the panic you get when you are on a jump course and you see the zombies coming towards you. Your instincts kick in and you keep jumping which leads to you being on the last block of the course where normally the owner is standing. Pushing occurs, and you both end up falling off.

So. How can we battle this?

Well. If it is your jump course you can expand it out so that instead of having one block you have a square of four which makes more space for you and the person attempting to stay on the block. Another way to stop this from happening is simply not to do it. If you are on someones jump course you can stay one jump away from them. When the zombies start coming towards you, you will have to jump off anyway. One jump doesnt matter that much if you time your jump before the zombies get to you.

Now what about when you do get pushed off?

If this is the case and it was done intentionally (this tends to be more on solid ground where someone intentionally pushes you off, say a roof) well yes. That is indeed. Very unfair. Of course if this is witnessed then no doubt the observing op will take action as is their job. If it isnt and you feel like justice hasnt been served then the best step is to NOT RAGE. What this person did was a selfish act. However if you rage you are more likely to get punished yourself. Remember, as it has been said before "Ops are not all seeing" we cant witness every unlawful act.

If however this is a case of being on a jump course then remember that while they may be pushing you. You are also pushing back. So make more blocks around the single one. Be kind :) Your jump course must of been awesome if someone else has wanted to join it.

I think I have covered everything. Put this in discussion for opinions. :D

Reactions: Friendy

erik1979

Reaction score
Next time this happens, and you are online Snowma, I'm going to blame it ALL on you for not SEEING EVERYTHING. YOU'RE AN OP SNOWMA. You should have at least 10+ eyes. What's wrong with you?

<3

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Nice guide Snowma.. Unfortunately people jump on the same block as you, or Ruin your jump course while you're in the process of making it :/