Purchase of Kits

blackcat817

Reaction score
I think we should do something like LSMP does where you can purchase a kit for a next round our take your luck. You would be able to buy full kits or maybe just weapons/armour. for example Iron chest plate can cost 100 brains so you would do /buy (amount of Item) (Item). items can be purchased with rank. like if you are a veteran you can buy Iron sword and if you are hercules or hero you can buy iron or diamond sword. this can also go for food or potions. what do you guys think please offer feed back and possible adjustments which may better the command.

Reaction score
Seems kinda cheap. After all, then someone could just spend enough brains and murderify everyone, which isn't fun. It ruins most of the maps balance with it, since on maps like Desert, someone with a diamond sword and iron armour could kill probably everyone.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I personally don't think this should be added. Like Lord said, it would lead to over powered people getting loads of kills, which would then get them even more brains to do it over and over again. I don't think many people would enjoy playing after that. Sorry.

• Agree
Reactions: Pikmon2

rosekill

Reaction score
The problem with this is that weve tried it and it failed because you had maps like 747 where people were in full iron and some people had diamond swords...

LEGOMAN2134

Reaction score
The main problem with this was that. Let's say I had known where an OP Gold and Stone Sword was but I needed a Pick Axe so I could buy one and lets say I got wayyyy too much Arrows and and Op armor. I would have easily won the match. If I had 1 pickaxe.. So think of it as this "The smallest changes can make the biggest differences in the future"

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Hmm, what about this? First make sure a map has multiple available kits. If you get a kit you do not like. (say scavenger) you can TRADE kits for a price. (of course paying in brains.) It would completely erase the kit you currently have, and replace it with your newly bought one. This could open up ideas to really split apart how kits are made for maps, and give people the option what they want to be (A swords man, archer, pots thrower, etc)

Its just an idea, because i don't like how we had it last time everyone going for the most OP weapons they could buy. But at the same time, i do think we should implement something else to use brains for and not JUST ranks.

• Agree
Reactions: crashb23

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The problem with this is that weve tried it and it failed because you had maps like 747 where people were in full iron and some people had diamond swords...
Because people realized there was 3 diamonds in the map, and Iron blocks as the plane's jets. Not related to the purchasing of items/kits at all.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Random input by dess. I keep reading this as kilts.

Now I think this wouldn't be the best idea, there would be those people that are amazing and have tons of brains and would be op all the time...

hpesoj8

Reaction score
Hmm, what about this? First make sure a map has multiple available kits. If you get a kit you do not like. (say scavenger) you can TRADE kits for a price. (of course paying in brains.) It would completely erase the kit you currently have, and replace it with your newly bought one. This could open up ideas to really split apart how kits are made for maps, and give people the option what they want to be (A swords man, archer, pots thrower, etc)

Its just an idea, because i don't like how we had it last time everyone going for the most OP weapons they could buy. But at the same time, i do think we should implement something else to use brains for and not JUST ranks.
I really like Tuba's idea a lot, but maybe you could REALLY nerf the items available? Forget diamond swords, those are rare enough. I think even IRON swords would be pushing it. Also, the idea about the swapping kits I think is pretty awesome =D.

Guinessis

Reaction score
I like the idea of purchasing map specific kits. Just use /trade [kit name] for a set price. The available kits would be map specific (so on Oasis, hunters would choose between Infected, Mutation, and Host)

For example, if I spawn as a hunter on Oasis with the "Host" kit but would really like a few lava buckets to speed things along I would type /tradekit Mutation. Bam, 200 brains gone, all of my items/potion effects are removed, and I'm given a different kit.

This would of course only be available once per life (and possibly within the first 30 seconds of life). Otherwise I could keep purchasing a kit with a regen II potion and never die.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
I was against this from the second it was posted. Some people have tons of brains, and even those who don't have many would start saving up for the sole purpose of getting overpowered kits.
I like the idea of purchasing map specific kits. Just use /trade [kit name] for a set price. The available kits would be map specific (so on Oasis, hunters would choose between Infected, Mutation, and Host)

For example, if I spawn as a hunter on Oasis with the "Host" kit but would really like a few lava buckets to speed things along I would type /tradekit Mutation. Bam, 200 brains gone, all of my items/potion effects are removed, and I'm given a different kit.

This would of course only be available once per life (and possibly within the first 30 seconds of life). Otherwise I could keep purchasing a kit with a regen II potion and never die.
This, however, would fit much better. Allowing kits to be traded may become overpowered if someone uses it too often, but I hope the cost will make them think twice about constantly buying it.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
But doesn't this just completely redundantate the option of chosen kits?
The kits are random for a reason, that being, the mapmaker wanted the kits to be random.
Having the set random or chosen kits can really 'make' a map sometimes (or at least severely alter it)
I dont reckon theres any point in this, as all it does is állow players to contradict a mapmaker's
decision at the cost of a few brains.
I sez noe
=3

(Heh, I made up a word)

• Agree
Reactions: Olix

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score

It be a problem if someone drop their stuff and then choose a new kit. Then they will get two kits. If someone do that
it will be easy to get many kills.