Public Safety Announcement: WorldEdit

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Over the past couple of days I've noticed easily avoidable WorldEdit accidents happening on other people's plots/builds. I'd like to take the time to remind you all that, especially on another person's build, you shouldn't play about with WorldEdit without the owner's permission. One accident has resulted in being un-undoable, as multiple people messed with WorldEdit at one time.

Yes, the plot owner has given permission for you to build on the plot, because he/she trusts you. By messing around with their build when they don't want you to, you essentially break that trust. This results in arguments which helps no one.

Even the most experienced of players can mess up quite badly because they were playing around with WorldEdit on someone else's build and weren't thinking. Whilst it does happen, try to avoid it.

(PS: This applies anywhere on BuildBox, not just plots)

Last edited:

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Often remember to check the WorldEdit wiki to see what the commands do. Also, try lower numbers at first, then work your way up slowly. And THINK while using WorldEdit. My contribution is done here.

Reactions: Naoh

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
If I add someone to my plot, that is my giving them permission to edit anything on the plot. If I donot want them to edit anything on the plot, I would not add them to my plot, thus not giving them the ability to do so. If someone fucks up a build of mine on my own plot, I would be partially to blame for misjudging how much I can trust a user, as like I said, I gave them permission to edit the plot.

BigDaddyLave

Reaction score
Luckily, I just got builder, and access to WorldEdit, I've seen this happen on multiple plots, and I am now making sure to only add people for a limited amount of time.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Doesn't //undo work still? Unless you mean stuff that they didn't notice they screwed up and therefore wouldn't know to undo until it's too late.
People manage to get themselves into un-undoable situations, which can happen with different people doing stuff at the same time.

roboboy777 Thanks for your input, but this feels a bit necro-posty. A bit, because it's been about 2 weeks, and not a month.

• Thank You
Reactions: Prizyms

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
I don't really notice, probably due to the fact that my builds can't get any worse, but I did notice something in flatland. It didn't effect my build but I don't think it was even nessesary either is this still a no no? :confused:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I don't really notice, probably due to the fact that my builds can't get any worse, but I did notice something in flatland. It didn't effect my build but I don't think it was even nessesary either is this still a no no? :confused:
I guess that it would depend on what you saw. If it looked like grief, then hit a Buildbox Staff up with a screenshot or coordinates to where you found it and message them on the forums or if they're on a server.
Actually, I think that you're talking about WorldEdit tests such as large spheres, cuboids, or random terraforming. Most of the time these types of tests just take up space and would be best to get them cleared out. Just hit up staff if you're uncertain.

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Well at the time I was on Skype with SirComp and he said that someone had been playing with WE so im a little uncertain, would you mind bringing it up with Sir? He should know ;) Thx