Project A [Looking for help!]

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Hello. I'd like to introduce you to a little project i'm working on.
It is called "Project A".
It is an effort to create a circular free-roaming adventure map with a 10.000 block diameter.
And for those who do not know. That is big. Very. Very big.

Planned features are:
  • A main storyline
  • Multiple towns
  • Custom NBTedited loot
  • A Ton of quests
  • Dungeons
  • Custom Biomes and Terrain (Okay i'm doing this one myself since it's not that hard)
Possible extra features we don't have to worry about yet and are unlikely to happen
  • Custom Voice acting
  • Custom SoundTrack (Any BT composers? :3)

I'm planning on releasing this to the minecraft forums once it is complete.

Now i Can't really do this on my own. Because i need other people to help.
How can you help?

Submit Buildings
This might be straightforward but a lot of buildings and/or towns already help by a long shot.
What makes this better is that Project A is a timeless world. You can create futuristic or prehistoric towns of anything you want! Just go to Buildbox or your singleplayer work and create something, Upload a schematic and we're already a lot further.

Storyline/Quest ideas
Ever seen an epic open-world RPG without quests? Me neither. That's why i need people to help me think up quests and such. Just post them in this forum and it's already good enough.

Goodies!
Nobody wants to go into a dungeon to find it completely empty. We need custom items that make it worthwhile going in. Just post your item idea with enchantments, names, Lore and/or attributes in this forum. It makes thinking up items a lot easier.

I'm planning on creating the world, Making the first town, a few quests and maybe release an "Alpha" version of this map by the end of the weekend. As said, Help is much appreciated and you will be put in the credits if you help.

Current Contributors/Interested Parties
Ooglie101
@Natsubros
@endersteve5
@nitasu987
@Olive44

Contributors: Tagged
Interested parties: Not Tagged

DOWNLOADS
Aramidian - Version 0.1.0

Thank you~
~Fiesta

Last edited:

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Considering that I'm completely outclassed here by other builders, I'd be glad to help with NBTediting the weapons or quests. c=

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Considering that I'm completely outclassed here by other builders, I'd be glad to help with NBTediting the weapons or quests. c=
Quests will probably be by a hopper-based delivery system with command blocks but NBTediting the items and Mobs can help. Erm. You can submit your NBTedited items by having then in your inventory and upload the "Player.dat" file found in the save folder to this forum.

Otherwise. If you have LogMeIn Hamachi i can setup a small NBTedit supported server where we can work on.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Quests will probably be by a hopper-based delivery system with command blocks but NBTediting the items and Mobs can help. Erm. You can submit your NBTedited items by having then in your inventory and upload the "Player.dat" file found in the save folder to this forum.

Otherwise. If you have LogMeIn Hamachi i can setup a small NBTedit supported server where we can work on.
I have Hamachi, I'm up for the second choice. xD

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
McEdit could help with this, if there are corrupted chunks it can repair them
I cannot download MCedit for some reason. But a new world is already almost done compressing. I think one of the custom biomes had the same ID as a vanilla MC one.\

EDIT: Problem found. It's the fact that the world edge is the void. I'm turning it into a wall of barriers.

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
UPDATE III: Pictures, Plans and Goals!
After 5 tries the world has finally compressed into a stable world that does NOT crash upon reaching the border.

I PRESENT TO YOU:
ARAMIDIAN

Aramidian consists out of 5 Territories
-Glutonia (A.K.A Northern Territories)
-Hypronia (A.K.A Hot Areas
-Ovisia (A.K.A Nature Areas)
-World's Edge
And the uncharted territories...
These names are temporary and not final. They may or may not be changed trough the course of development)

Legend:
H - Harbor
T - Town
D - Dungeon
S - Independent Structure
a<> - If there's an "a" infront of it then it's ABANDONED

Julonia

What will we be aiming for?Here are the stages of development for the map

Alpha
  • Almost all towns
  • Marking the entrances to dungeons
  • Main storyline and Main story quests