Problems with our "Leaders"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Personally, I'm a little concerned about Aeres right now. Why, might you ask? Because our "leaders" say dumb stuff like this:

This is a concern. One of our leaders, and in turn operators, is badmouthing our family.

I feel like we need to address this, now. As an Aeres member, this isn't acceptable to me and I'm sure many others.

Just because some family members have been acting up doesn't mean that the leaders have to suddenly turn on the whole family. A leader's job is to lead by example, and in turn to be a role model.

(Note: this is not directed at all Aeres leaders, only some.)

As head of Aeres, @Defiant_Blob, I would like you to see this)

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Actual, I did type that; for the reason that I am quite pissed at members of our family sirs and madams, and if you read the forums (the ones you just posted in) you would have saw this thread: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/my-view-on-aeres-said-to-the-tune-of-kake.2784/
and quite frankly, I don't want to try and manage more users when the users we have now don't do anything or listen to us when we try to do something, please, read that thread, and you will know how I currently feel about our family.

Thank ye truly,
Uhtr5r

Also; Could you please post the whole conversation and not just one line? I can make anything look worse than it is when taken out of context.

Reactions: Jayfeather

silvadude12

Reaction score
H
Personally, I'm a little concerned about Aeres right now. Why, might you ask? Because our "leaders" say dumb stuff like this:

This is a concern. One of our leaders, and in turn operators, is badmouthing our family.

I feel like we need to address this, now. As an Aeres member, this isn't acceptable to me and I'm sure many others.

Just because some family members have been acting up doesn't mean that the leaders have to suddenly turn on the whole family. A leader's job is to lead by example, and in turn to be a role model.

(Note: this is not directed at all Aeres leaders, only some.)

As head of Aeres, @Defiant_Blob, I would like you to see this)
mm...that thing he said was actually directed at me when i was asking about which family i should join. Chill...so thats why you logged off shortly after he said that...? I'll have you know that I am now a member of aeres and i was not deterred by the *post:( that he said. I personally like aeres a lot and I do not believe it is a "shit family". if anybody is, look at dagon. No offence to thrm or anything, but I don't see much organization there. Whatever. Like i said, no offence meant. Just my own personal thought.....

Fatalis

Reaction score
Actual, I did type that; for the reason that I am quite pissed at members of our family sirs and madams, and if you read the forums (the ones you just posted in) you would have saw this thread: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/my-view-on-aeres-said-to-the-tune-of-kake.2784/
and quite frankly, I don't want to try and manage more users when the users we have now don't do anything or listen to us when we try to do something, please, read that thread, and you will know how I currently feel about our family.

Thank ye truly,
Uhtr5r

Also; Could you please post the whole conversation and not just one line? I can make anything look worse than it is when taken out of context.
Even still, typing that "the family is shit and you should join someone else" doesn't do anything to make the problem better. If anything, it makes it worse.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score

Thank ye truly,
Uhtr5r

This is bad whether or not it's in context.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Im seeing both sides of the conflict here. And I have to reason with both of them

Chill's side-

I can see why you are upset about this. You have worked hard and don't deserved to be called shit. Personally, you think everything is going great around our territory.

Uht's Side-

You have been one of the aere's leaders faced with the challenge of attempting to organize, plan, and build a capital, only with a couple willing true workers. You are stressed when you see the other capital's compared to our current one, and you are wanting to figure out a way for people to actually work on the capital.

I am non-sided in this. I am just stating what I see from both sides of this debate.

Reactions: Trap_Wolf

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
This will be my final post on this matter:

The above quote represents a personal opinion, this opinion is due to most users doing nothing around the family and doing nothing, just take a look at the capital, the little we have done, has taken us around two and a half weeks, and ninety percent of it has been done in the last week, now that we have more than 3 people working on it; to top it all off, whenever we try to do something, majority of the users complain about it.

I'll let you guys choose what you want to do from here:
1) You can take this for what it is, a comment from someone who quite frankly is just pissed.
or
2) You can take this for what it is not, and start a giant argument over one comment.

The decision is yours' and I personally don't care what you do yourself, although I would prefer you to choose option 1.

Over and Out,
uhtr5r

Fatalis

Reaction score
This will be my final post on this matter:

The above quote represents a personal opinion, this opinion is due to most users doing nothing around the family and doing nothing, just take a look at the capital, the little we have done, has taken us around two and a half weeks, and ninety percent of it has been done in the last week, now that we have more than 3 people working on it; to top it all off, whenever we try to do something, majority of the users complain about it.

I'll let you guys choose what you want to do from here:
1) You can take this for what it is, a comment from someone who quite frankly is just pissed.
or
2) You can take this for what it is not, and start a giant argument over one comment.

The decision is yours' and I personally don't care what you do yourself, although I would prefer you to choose option 1.

Over and Out,
uhtr5r
Nobody here is starting an argument.

Reactions: silvadude12

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Both an issue and a slip-up.
These things will work themselves out, just as Gaia will be dealing with, Aeres will get organization, things will happen.

When things start getting into gear and everything runs smoothly, no one will be angry, and we won't have these threads and comments popping up.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Time for me to point in my point of view, even though I wouldn't want to be taken the wrong way.

Chillingworth, granted minecraft is a game, but when you're one of the leaders of a group of a sizeable amount of people, yet only a select few of them are doing anything that regards to the group's main plan right now (to my knowledge), which is build the capital, it gets frustrating seeing disordered mess just everywhere and no one trying to focus on one thing at a time.

Defiant and Uhtr5r have been working themselves along with a few other members including myself to build the capital on top the fact that they have to keep it all organized, get questions, queries, and people asking for permission of something thrown right and left at them. No, he didn't post that to be rude, he posted his opinion, which none of us should try to change through arguing. We need to change it by shifting the main force of Aeres on the main goal (again, to my knowledge, the capital).

Think being the leader of a group, but on a larger level, like being the HC of a server. They get questions thrown at them while they try to keep the server organized on top of other things. It could be really stressful at times. (Granted none of us other than the retired HCs and current HCs/HAs, I'm going off of personal observation on this one.

Cut uhtr5r some slack, he's stressed out from all of this and I'm sure the other leaders are too.

(No I didn't post here to start anything, I posted here based off of personal observations from my perspective.)

Please, like Uhtr5r said, lets not start any arguments over this.

Reactions: Zepharn

silvadude12

Reaction score
Ok this is off topic silghtly but...Chill. I noticed that you have made more then one other post in other sections that suggests that you are disappointed with what you are seeing in the leaders. Are you seeing something we're not mate? :confused: I am not starting anything, just honestly.

C

Ciphered

Could we all just stop this needless arguing?
The more a group argues about something so trivial as a negative comment, the less they get anything done.

C

Ciphered

And I think this was best conducted as a message to the leaders that aren't uhtr5r, because starting a thread incites public opinion and makes handling this very, very messy.
The public shouldn't know things that they are detrimental to, because they tend to misunderstand and blow it all out of the water with over-exaggerations.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
personally like aeres a lot and I do not believe it is a "shit family". if anybody is, look at dagon. No offence to thrm or anything, but I don't see much organization there. Whatever. Like i said, no offence meant. Just my own personal thought.....
Don't call us "shit" if you don't know what we are doing behind the scenes, you silly man ;)

But yeh..Couldn't help but look at this. Sorry to hear that things aren't exactly going to plan. Happens in Dagon a few times and believe me, I get really stressed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.