Accepted Prison Break (Infection / FFA Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inventurous

Reaction score
G

Guest35486

Hi, thanks for the map submission!

The map looks great and can be a fun addition to the server's map rotation. After some discussion, the staff team agreed that the map would fit better as an Infection map. I've put the Infection format here for your convenience:
Preparation time: The amount of time before a Hunter is chosen.
Round Time: The length of the round, in seconds.
Spawn Locations: Where do the hunters and survivors spawn? Multiple spawn points can be defined.

[Optional] Can sprint: Can be specified per team.
[Optional] Fall damage: Can the players take fall damage?
[Optional] Can drown: Can the players drown?
[Optional] Kits: Do players have kits? (Including potion effects?) Specify that here

Other than that, we have a few concerns:

1. Barrier blocks
There is no real purpose for the barrier blocks, as players can easily drop down on top of them from the blue platforms. It seems like players could access them from the lower platforms, especially since barrier blocks are invisible, but will not be able to do so. This may cause unnecessary confusion. (Maybe this was to prevent players from shooting across the map if it ended up as a FFA map?)
In addition, one portion of the map has a path made of barrier blocks. I recommend its removal as it's not symmetrical and barrier block parkour doesn't always work well. It might be best to just leave barrier blocks for the map border.

2. Green platform jumps

These jumps seem kind of out of place since players would expect to be able to jump to the next platform when it's too high for that.

3. Size
Overall, the map is a bit small. While maps can have min/max player counts, it would be ideal if you expand it.

Inventurous

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Arelic, ive added a section onto the side and now im ready to submit it once again
Preparation time: 20 seconds
Round Time: 3 minutes
Spawn Locations: opposite ends of the 3 points on the plot.

[Optional] Can sprint: yes
[Optional] Fall damage: no

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map and modifying it, we're happy with the map now.
I've added it to the server with the name "Rainbow Run", so have a play and let me know if there are any issues with it.
-Accepted

• Thank You
Reactions: Inventurous
Status
Not open for further replies.