Price (Points) Changes for Items

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I have two ideas right now of changing prices. One for Grenades, and one for pistols.

Since you make no profit in killing with grenades, I suggest taking the cost from 12, to 10 points. That way its not to little like before, and now to much like how it is now.

And for pistols, I think they are much to cheap. Especially when you get trained with them, then get enough points to just spam then get a large profit. My suggestion here is to change the price from 5, to either 8 or 10.

- Pikmon2

OldReliable

Reaction score
I like pistol at 5. I do want the grenade to be 10. But the only thing I can really make a profit on is good old TNT.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I disagree with both.

The grenade is 12 now, and is useable as instant-tnt.
If you make it 10, you can pretty easy make profit of it, now it is just a little harder.
Not to mention, if you make the grenade 10, no one really would use the rocket that much either.

For the pistol, on average you need 1-4 shots anyways to get the kill so it is 5-10-15-20 points on average to get a kill that is worth 10 point, assuming your first kill, I don't see why that should be 8 or 10, pistol is not that much of overpowered.

And since the topic is about changing prices, I would like to see big-tnt from 15 to 12 and c4 to 14 and airstrike to 120.

pjaj

Reaction score
personally, i think that pistols are too cheap, because most that use them are really good with them, and get killstreaks quite quickly, so with them usually getting you by the second pistol and only spending 10 points for the kill, because of the killstreak, the profit anyway. i think 10 might be too pricey, but 8 sound reasonable. just my opinion

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
I dislike the prices of both weapons, and I do agree with what Marnixxie said. Grenades are no longer 10 points for a reason, and he is partially one of them :p. Pistols, on the other hand, I feel are fine the way they are, but maybe 6 points would be acceptable. Its not to cheap, and certainly not to expensive. Also, I feel that mines should be bumped down to 14 points per mine.

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Mines used to be 12 points, back in the good ol' days. Even then, many people weren't over using them, if I recall correctly. I feel 16 is to much, because in order to start making a profit off of it, it takes nearly 20 kills I believe. I want to use proxy mines more, but I feel that I would just be wasting money.

• Agree
Reactions: OldReliable

pjaj

Reaction score
proxmines are good, but as Thymos said, it takes a lot of kills to even start profiting. also, not many people use them, from what i've seen.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I dislike the prices of both weapons, and I do agree with what Marnixxie said. Grenades are no longer 10 points for a reason, and he is partially one of them :p. Pistols, on the other hand, I feel are fine the way they are, but maybe 6 points would be acceptable. Its not to cheap, and certainly not to expensive. Also, I feel that mines should be bumped down to 14 points per mine.
Grenades used to be 8, not 10 :p

I guess people really like pistols..

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
It has taken years, to correctly formulate a balance of points to weapons, and weapons to maps.
Only small changes have been made to weapons when there have been major imbalances to keep the place in order and spam free.

Altering things like this dramatically would ruin the gameplay of the server.

This has also been suggested many times already.

• Winner
Reactions: balloon98