Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
  • Winner
Reactions: Notme and Malcovent

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Duffie Chillingworth

Who exactly gave you two permission to state 'how we Admins feel about the server', especially since you can't possibly know our exact thoughts on the matter? Don't you think we had good reasons starting the poll without saying that a group of people had something lined up they were offering to be included in our server portfolio?

Why would you turn down the opportunity to return our most popular server?
Why would I now be still inclined to add 'your server' to our community, if you can't even stay in line within one thread that asks people to keep all "propaganda and campaigning" outside of it?

Sorry, am personally not a happy camper right now. All else shall be discussed outside this thread, as it was before (intentionally).

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
Sploorky said:
Give your strongest opinions in the google doc, not the chat box!
There's a reason for this ^ .... Nobody wants a stand-off in the community over opinions on this... Hence why it is a private and personal response... not one public side versus the other side. The amount of people who like or dislike your opinion post won't accomplish anything besides pissing off others, whether they be pro-zombies or anti-zombies. ;) (added to hopefully cut some tension)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In my opinion, Zombie is too rooted in the past to really be a viable option for a 'new' server. Instant contact 'kills', no sprint, limited block choice? This seems more a move out of nostalgia than anything. Moving on is the key. Change is scary, but change is needed.

Sums up my opinion exactly.

• Agree
Reactions: Lupus_Stevens

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Duffie Chillingworth

Who exactly gave you two permission to state 'how we Admins feel about the server', especially since you can't possibly know our exact thoughts on the matter? Don't you think we had good reasons starting the poll without saying that a group of people had something lined up they were offering to be included in our server portfolio?

Why would you turn down the opportunity to return our most popular server?
Why would I now be still inclined to add 'your server' to our community, if you can't even stay in line within one thread that asks people to keep all "propaganda and campaigning" outside of it?

Sorry, am personally not a happy camper right now. All else shall be discussed outside this thread, as it was before (intentionally).
Gave me permission? I've been helping develop ideas for the server and I've heard good responses from the Admins. I'm not going to pull the "free speech" card because this is an internet forum with rules, but it seems a little petty to have Admins say something to me then get angry when I relay the message to others.

Why am I doing this? I have my reasons. One main one is this community's hatred of change (and a subsequent smothering of a potentially awesome server).

One last point - I never said it was 'my' server; I have not developed anything for it and they just invited me to help brainstorm ideas and theories (in this case "our" = "Blocktopia"). Why can't I say "a line of propaganda" if the server is being suffocated before anyone can test it or say their piece?

EDIT:
In my opinion, Zombie is too rooted in the past to really be a viable option for a 'new' server. Instant contact 'kills', no sprint, limited block choice? This seems more a move out of nostalgia than anything. Moving on is the key. Change is scary, but change is needed.
There wouldn't be a limit on block choice. Sprint and instant kills in no way make a server 'rooted in the past' - plus, Premium would give the Directors room to develop awesome new stuff!

Sploorky

Reaction score
Sigh.

Chillingworth I could respond to your above paragraphs in many different ways and reasonings, but for this thread's sake, I won't.

Because this isn't a thread to argue points or try to convince the crowd. This is a thread to gather opinions on a server concept. Opinions do not equal arguments and backing your point.

If you actually would like me to respond to your above paragraphs, I will in a PM or IM. May clear up some misconceptions.

The next time an argument bubbles up, I'm closing this thread, something I already considered doing now, but decided against because I don't like ruining it for the people who want to respond to this thread in the right way.

Don't make me have to close this thread. Any more discussion you have towards this subject with me, and I'd be very happy to answer anything you would like privately.

I apologize if I come off as aggressive, and I thank you for your time. Sploorky out.

paceboys

Reaction score
Sigh.

Chillingworth I could respond to your above paragraphs in many different ways and reasonings, but for this thread's sake, I won't.

Because this isn't a thread to argue points or try to convince the crowd. This is a thread to gather opinions on a server concept. Opinions do not equal arguments and backing your point.

If you actually would like me to respond to your post, I will in a PM or IM. May clear up some misconceptions.

The next time an argument bubbles up, I'm closing this thread, something I already considered doing now, but decided against because I don't like ruining it for the people who want to respond to this thread in the right way.

Don't make me have to close this thread. Any more discussion you have towards this subject with me, and I'd be very happy to answer anything you would like privately.

I apologize if I come off as aggressive, and I thank you for your time. Sploorky out.
I was gonna say ' Fight the power! ' but then i realized you.... kind of are... the power...

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sigh.

If you actually would like me to respond to your post, I will in a PM or IM. May clear up some misconceptions.

I was gonna say ' Fight the power! ' but then i realized you.... kind of are... the power...

Fight the pace? I don't wanna go steady!

And don't read too much into this gentlemen/ladies, its our job to explore our options whenever we have that freedom. This is simply us getting a feel for what our options are in various areas, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.