Premium Server Lobby

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Your one stop for all our servers​
lobby.blocktopia.net
From now on only connect to that IP. In the portal world you simply enter the portal of the server you want to play. Done.​
  • Currently there *can* be a glitch when you join a server (you are stuck in one place). Simply disconnect and try again after 2-3min.
  • If you're impatient, click on one of the status signs to get teleported to the server!
  • Use /logout to return to the lobby. When you join the server, you will respawn in the server you last left.
  • Please tell all your friends our new main IP
Some impressions (thanks to Ogarci)

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I love it :D

I wonder if such lobby would be possible for classic servers.
It will attract more people, as it will show total amount of players.
They will be like... Hmmm... nice lobby you got the- OMG 4 SERVERS.
I think this would be a good idea, but keep the individual links to the classic servers as well.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Quick thing I noticed.

When I was on JtE I had some waypoints set. As they are now part of the integrated server they carry over to any server I play on which is semi annoying. Is there a way to make them erase after loading the respective server or do I just have to deal with it?

GmK

Reaction score
Quick thing I noticed.

When I was on JtE I had some waypoints set. As they are now part of the integrated server they carry over to any server I play on which is semi annoying. Is there a way to make them erase after loading the respective server or do I just have to deal with it?
From what I know I fear there is no way to do so. What you can try, as the internal JtE now has a new port: Set a fresh waypoint, and see if it also shows across servers. If it doesn't, you simply have to re-set your waypoints.

nitasu987

Reaction score
If I may offer my opinion from my standpoint, Now it will take longer to get into the servers. First I have to log on to this lobby, and then I have to go through the portal to BB and then it takes a bit to load that, as opposed to me just logging in to BB. I don't want you all to go *oh he's a turd I'll dislike this now*, but just consider it the devil's advocate and from my (and I'm sure there are more like mine) standpoint.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If I may offer my opinion from my standpoint, Now it will take longer to get into the servers. First I have to log on to this lobby, and then I have to go through the portal to BB and then it takes a bit to load that, as opposed to me just logging in to BB. I don't want you all to go *oh he's a turd I'll dislike this now*, but just consider it the devil's advocate and from my (and I'm sure there are more like mine) standpoint.
It takes like 10 seconds. .-.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I was hoping that each portal could have its own theme. The rof portal could be down a hallway with lava on the sides and a nether-ish theme, while the jte portal could be at the end of a old fashioned road with flowing water. And etc. for the themes

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Love the fact its 1000 slots or is this a mistake with an extra 0?
As well as I noticed when I logged off from playing JTE, I logged into the lobby standing inside the JTE portal already.
This might lead to 'server lock' with a person entering one world and unable to pull out to go to another.

GmK

Reaction score
I was hoping that each portal could have its own theme. The rof portal could be down a hallway with lava on the sides and a nether-ish theme, while the jte portal could be at the end of a old fashioned road with flowing water. And etc. for the themes
We're planning on that, maybe even a lobby build contest ;)

• Useful
Reactions: hihihilolHI

GmK

Reaction score

You might be a turd indeed, because you didn't read the post properly. It states, that in the future you will rejoin onto the server you left from, and will have a /logout command or similar to get back to the lobby.

And also, currently, when you join, you will still be at the BB portal and will need 2sec to return to BB. WHAT A NUISANCE! *sigh*

Love the fact its 1000 slots or is this a mistake with an extra 0?
As well as I noticed when I logged off from playing JTE, I logged into the lobby standing inside the JTE portal already.
This might lead to 'server lock' with a person entering one world and unable to pull out to go to another.
Lol, it could be 10000000000 or 1, it wouldn't matter, as that is a virtual number without limit ;)

About the portal thing: You will always spawn *just outside* the portal, usually facing away from it. As long as you do not walk the wrong way, you won't be in a server lock.

Reactions: Swate

Brando212

Reaction score
there is only one downside I can see of doing it this way with the central hub

the online list is now joined, if there was a way to split up the online list per area things would be better i think
otherwise there's no way to tell apart whose in lava or whose in zombie etc.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Honestly this just seems annoying. And quite pointless. Waypoints for rei's mini map carry over for stuff, when I want to join say, JtE, I have to go to the lobby instead of just double clicking on the server list for mc, which basically already solved this and is much faster the connecting then finding a portal to the server I want then going there. Sorry, just don't see any point in it.