Post your tips to be a beast in TNT wars

Vatowski

Reaction score
I made this thread for newbs(like me) to learn from the beast of tnt wars. Post your tips and tricks about how to be good in tnt. And please don't post to practice T.T I heard that alot. There must be some trick about why the beast of tnt wars managed to vecome beasts. Is it because of the items they buy or is there a way to place tnt so it's sure kill. Please posts your tips here ;p

If someone already made a thread like this please delete this thread.:bomb:

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Whilst either there is or isn't one, I may as well provide some of my experiences;

• When using pistols, you want to place it infront of where the players going to reach.

• In addition, remember that you can shoot at the enemy even if you're facing 45° offside - The pistol lava flow takes into account the angle you face the most.
• With TNT, you usually want to approach them and move closer than they anticipate, to place a TNT behind them. They will usually place a TNT and then back off - into yours. Be careful not to do the same, though!
• Jump! Jump left, right, centre. Keep your mouse swinging around and make sure you know how close pretty much everyone is. If you stand still or keep looking in one direction, you're dead meat.
• Be unpredictable in which directions you go. If you play Zombie Survival, you may have some of these tricks already.
• Rockets are extremely effective but take a while to become cost effective. They're pretty much instant TNTs especially against flaggers and much more veteran players.
• C4 is also effective if you can type /d fast enough.

Otherwise, don't expect much more hints. Practice, procrastinate, learn from the people you call 'beasts' by seeing how they either kill you or how they prevent themselves from dying.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Whilst either there is or isn't one, I may as well provide some of my experiences;

• When using pistols, you want to place it infront of where the players going to reach.
• In addition, remember that you can shoot at the enemy even if you're facing 45° offside - The pistol lava flow takes into account the angle you face the most.
• With TNT, you usually want to approach them and move closer than they anticipate, to place a TNT behind them. They will usually place a TNT and then back off - into yours. Be careful not to do the same, though!
• Jump! Jump left, right, centre. Keep your mouse swinging around and make sure you know how close pretty much everyone is. If you stand still or keep looking in one direction, you're dead meat.
• Be unpredictable in which directions you go. If you play Zombie Survival, you may have some of these tricks already.
• Rockets are extremely effective but take a while to become cost effective. They're pretty much instant TNTs especially against flaggers and much more veteran players.
• C4 is also effective if you can type /d fast enough.

Otherwise, don't expect much more hints. Practice, procrastinate, learn from the people you call 'beasts' by seeing how they either kill you or how they prevent themselves from dying.
thanks the tnt trick about placing it behind the person actually worked more then I expected :bomb:

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Not telling my rocket tricks. Sorry, it just comes with practice.

Also, pistols. If at all possible, place it one block above their feet. Can't jump them then.

PLLLLLLLH
B................F

P = pistol
B = block
.. = empty space
L = lava
H = head
F = Feet
But above all, it is PRACTICE. Sorry, but it is the truth.

ZariatN2

Reaction score
Try searching for arrangements in maps that give each weapon its full utility. I usually aim for a good stock of all the <20 points weapons. Otherwise, there isn't much strategy or thinking involved in TNT, much less than trivial tactics as mentioned above. (With static terrain you can't really expect any skillful and quick switching of weapons) Getting high kill streaks isn't beastly. It just shows that the majority of players are walking in straight lines and exclusively place TNTs.

Reaction score
Some tricks/tactics/strategies i do when my internet is not so laggy.
1.Usually when i place pistols i just spam em' like nothing else :p. I do also ambush players by pistoling them from behind.
2.For rockets, i just shoot em' when a player is close to a wall, etc.
3.For C4, I just place em' and type /d fast and smoothly as i can.
4.For TnT, I usually place them behind, at the right, and at the left of the player. (At the front can sometimes be useful)
5.When i'm in a particular fight, i usually Jump jump jump! to avoid pistols, tnt and such.
6.I usually like tricking the enemy with a flying mortar, Which makes him/her look up. As they look up i pistol or tnt them. (Ask nottycat. I have done this trick to him a couple of times :p)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Some tricks/tactics/strategies i do when my internet is not so laggy.
1.Usually when i place pistols i just spam em' like nothing else :p. I do also ambush players by pistoling them from behind.
2.For rockets, i just shoot em' when a player is close to a wall, etc.
3.For C4, I just place em' and type /d fast and smoothly as i can.
4.For TnT, I usually place them behind, at the right, and at the left of the player. (At the front can sometimes be useful)
5.When i'm in a particular fight, i usually Jump jump jump! to avoid pistols, tnt and such.
6.I usually like tricking the enemy with a flying mortar, Which makes him/her look up. As they look up i pistol or tnt them. (Ask nottycat. I have done this trick to him a couple of times :p)
yeah, I was like WTF A FLYING OBSIDIAN BLOCK.
Then I got shot with a pistol ;/

Reactions: RMcraft

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Follow the rules of the game.

Try to predict where the player will go and shoot with your pistol.
If a enemy is coming the same way as you, about to collide, jump to avoid being shoot.

IAintYoMama

Reaction score
How to be a beast in 4 easy steps:

1. Always place tnt.
Seen any enemy? Place tnt somewhere in their direction. The moment you have placed tnt you increase the chance of getting a kill whether by 0.1% if they are nowhere near the tnt or 99.9999% if they are trapped. I have seen some pretty lucky five kill combos and most of the time they are unintentional so not planned or coordinated. TNT is also unlimited so there is no cost to doing this and you will actually be generating income for every tnt kill you get.

2. Buy and use pistols.
Pistols are probably the best method to making a good income in tnt wars with a cost of 5 points in which you get 10 points for every kill.
It is recommended you keep a pistol for those close quarters moments or when you notice an enemy walking down a straight path.

There are 3 levels to pistol use:
New breed - Only getting pistol kills through 1-4 block wide walk ways.
Gunslinger - Timing your shots for enemies to walk into your pistol.
Shoot to kill - Stacking pistols on blocks to kill those annoying jumping enemies. This require time and practise, don't get angry if you miss a shot. Anger can really deteriorate your play.

3. /store and /upgrades are your best friends.
Not really doing too well with pistols or tnt? Try another weapon. Who knows you may be able to achieve more kills per round with them and be able to make enough points to generate income.
Save your points up!
Upgrades can be a real match decider. From non-graviational cannons to lasers that fire 3 blocks wide.

4. Stealth - LET'S GET SOME ASSASSINS CREED UP IN THIS.
Not many players really take this into consideration but stealth and getting behind that opponent who is dominating the cannon can really turn matches the other way around.
To be stealthier:
Know the map - Know all of the waypoints of the map(may be easier in CTF due to indestructable blocks) to be able to chase down your enemy fast and keep on them. M
Make sure you stay on your prey and feed on their misknowledge of being safe.

Know your target - This can be the main deciding factor in you getting a kill. Is your target a rookie who has had hardly any experience or if they are a highly experienced player who will evade your attack and kill you straight away.

Check your surroundings - Usually players do not notice anyone coming at them from behind and so will continue on but some may turn their back if they notice their team taking care of things on the battlefield upfront in which you will just want to make that pistol shot otherwise it would be a wasted kill. Keep checking behind you. If you are going for enemies from behind their defences then you can expect other players in the their team to be respawning and coming up behind them. If anybody notices you, take them out with a shotgun or fend them off by placing tnt in their path.

And thats the end of the guide. I have way tooooo much spare time.

Brave

Reaction score
Well, when playing TNT try to jump. I mean jump like you've never jumped before. Jumping is good since it makes you avoid pistols, shotguns, things like that.
Be creative. This is minecraft, the only thing has changed is that you kill people with certain weapons. Place TNT or mines e.t.c in hidden places, also when running away and a block blocks you, break it! Or make stairs to go up or something. This is still minecraft, it hasn't changed!
Also, try to use TNT only. Makes a huge profit. I mean I'm 3rd on the /highscore only because I save up points. And try to use weapons that don't cost much, best example is the pistol. Costs 5 points easy to use if you don't know how to use it type (/itemhelp pistol) and it's really useful in some situtations.
If I remember anymore tips I'll tell you!

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Vatowski
T

Tiger_087

If you say you're a noob, the best thing to do is to use cost-effective weapons. Pistols are probably the best to use because they're cheap, quick and very cost-effective. If you get a kill from every pistol you use, you will have double the amount of points you started with. That's what I did and now I have quite a few upgrades and stuff.

Vatowski

Reaction score
well from my new experience, when going towards a enemy and you only have a tnt block, place the tnt block behind him but continue and jump over you tnt block, the enemy will have the reflex to follow you, he will turn around and BOOM, +10 points

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
well from my new experience, when going towards a enemy and you only have a tnt block, place the tnt block behind him but continue and jump over you tnt block, the enemy will have the reflex to follow you, he will turn around and BOOM, +10 points
Yes, that usually works with newer players. Most older players will simply continue in the opposite direction, then do a 180 spin and headshot you over your TNT.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Quite an informational thread for me as well.
If I'm still able to add some input, I have a plan that is somewhat a cominbation of other suggestions.

Sparkly's 3 easy steps to try and act like you're not a n00b:
1.) Save those points! TNT is handy, yes, and free! However, it's good to have variety and having many points to play around with can add to your technique (it's also fun).
2.) Know the maps! Recognizing the maps definitely helps with that variety. Find what weapons works best on that map. You might notice sometimes before a round people will say, "Ooh a pistol map", or something of the sort. This is obviously hinting pistols are really useful on that map and the points to buy them are so easy to get back. (Need help recognizing maps? We have a wonderful wiki for that : http://blocktopia.net/wiki/TNT_Wars_Maps All are listed here. :))
3.) Upgrades and downgrades! After saving up some points and finding which weapon fits which map, play around with the upgrades for that map. And if that upgrade takes up too many points or you don't want it permanently, just downgrade and get a 100% refund. (So cheap but so useful.)

So, putting these three steps together, what do you get?
Things like LightPassage and DarkPassage - Great laser maps. (When you can...) fully upgrade that laser and increase the likelyhood of getting Triple and Quad kills.
CTF maps like Corridors? Upgrade those mines to Prox Mines and you'll get a pretty killstreak.
(I guarentee Prox Mines work on any CTF map)
Those are just examples.

But most importantly:
PRACTICE.
^ It really is true. The more you practice, the better you get!

dheatess

Reaction score
Well, I'm not a beast, I wont be one since my net sux, but hey I get kills more than other people =)
So here's my loose change for you guys.

I use lightning, it doesn't take much practice to use and it gives you free kills.
~Free kills? Yes, if a guy does a 1x1 tower, this kills him. An over head cannon? No worries, look for the shadow and blow it up.
~It's pretty handy at times, it's better than chasing them with a 1x1 tower and getting blown to bits since you're busy building a tower while he's already placed a tnt and jumped off.
~These may not work though in maps such as dark passage and evil as they already have an indestructible roof.
~It costs 12 points and not really a profit grabber, but there is the good laugh in each kill with lightning; pausing for a few moments watching at this sitting(well actually hopping) duck trying to fly and zap... XD and comes the joy of him DOING IT AGAIN, lol

Also, I learned (FROM PRACTICE) rockets.
~Do not aim rockets at the players themselves, aim it at a block it would hit NEAR a player or at a block NEAR to where a player is headed as a player can dodge it but the block wont. It costs a pretty penny with 15 points but I've gotten double and triple kills with these.

Do not purchase airstrikes, nukes or cannons YET. They will not get you profit on most occasions.
~Airstrike, cost 150, best time to use : mini map with a full server or with a high kill streak. I only use airstike for fun, watching the chaos as it happens. You need at most 15 kills from it for it to pay for itself.
~Nuke, cost 1000, do not buy this at all if you're starting. I never bought a nuke before because 1000 points is 200 pistols and 200 pistols gets more kills than 1 nuke. But really, you'd want to upgrade your weapons than buy a nuke. A for-fun-only weapon. I dont know how many you need to kill to neutralize the cost of this since you get more points per consecutive kills, and I'm not counting that high.
~Cannon, cost 400, infinite ammo; I have never bought one on purpose, I bought 20 cannons by accident but I instantly sold them. You need to net at most 40 kills to pay the cost of placing one, but you'll need to do it while dealing with people trying to kill you and teammates that would be using it, you cant hog it.

C4s, my happiness
~So I upgraded my C4 with radius and got this : http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/angelnepo/woot.jpg
~I placed it right beside a cannon where, lo and behold, people are drooling over the cannon. So yeah, C4 placement very crucial, whether it be on a cannon, a narrow area, a control point during king of the hill or in front of a flag during capture the flag.

So the weapons that I use are as follows,
TNT
Pistol
Rocket
C4
Lightning

Most importantly, save points for upgrades... I mean, uh, having fun is the most important thing!

Reactions: winner87956
Reaction score
One of my favourite tactics is to place a mine in the floor somewhere you can remember. Then lure an enemy down over the mine. If there are hallways you can make lines of mines going across the floor. This works well to get large killstreaks if you have an angry mob of enemies behind you. Also, dont go to the enemy, lie in wait. If they are foolish enough they will walk right into your trap. Hidden and unexpected c4 works well.

Reactions: Vatowski

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Whenever there is a cannon, hide a c4 near it. Whenever an enemy comes near it, blow it up. Then place another c4. Its not cost effective, but its funny. I've gone an entire game just camping a cannon with c4s. I'm a noob too btw so this is just my experience.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Probably just going to be reposting things people have already said (accidentally, of course).

1: By far of course, the most important tip:
Practicing. Practice makes perfect, and the more you practice the better youll be.

2: Know the maps.
Most of the veteran players can see a map and instantly say "Oh, time to buy some ____" Knowing the maps will allow for more kills and effective gaining of points. Others also upgrade and downgrade certain weapons for specific maps.

3: Be cost effective.
As satisfying as it is too buy 20 rockets and let loose, thats only going to drain your points. Fast. Save up your points so you can buy upgrades, which will give you a distinct advantage over other players. If you don't like the upgrade, you can always just sell it back.

4:Errr... Wax on, Wax off.

Amorix

Reaction score
1. Only use TNT when absolutely necessary. You can buy pistols and mines for cheap, so go with that otherwise.
2. As said above, know the map.
3. Jump. A lot. Be like Protoman. Except without an epic shield. :/