Post your Blocktopia story here!

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
*UPDATED*
How did you hear about Blocktopia?

What are some of your favorite moments?

Who are some notable people you made friends with?

What's your favorite part about Blocktopia?

How long have you known Blocktopia?

Post it all here! We'd love to hear.

As for operators+, post your Blocktopia story AND your staff acception story. :)

Who/what inspired you to become part of staff?

What are some of your favorite moments while staffing?

And lastly, allll your BT friends in aphebetical order:

You know I'm kidding with you.
;)

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Found it, while stalking lava servers on classic list.

Plenty - launches of servers and promotion to various player ranks, esciapally where you apply for them.

Hmmm... Araidian, Baker, Cloudmario.... Marnnixxie, Nottykitten.... zezmi. I think I could fill whole alphabet ;)

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
My brother, who has sense quit playing, first introduced me to it.
JtE days remain my favorite times and will likely forever be so.
Mostly Smp people, Old_man_oak63, JohnOgozalek, 77_is_the_best, Biblius, hrjyuuyt12, Danni122112, and oh my gosh could the list go on but I don't want to be here all night!
As for operators+, post your Blocktopia story AND your staff acception story.
I joined back in late 2011 and immediately decided I wanted to staff. I worked towards that goal until fall of 2012 when I got Op on BB. Since then I've been staff on 5 servers with ranks varying from Trusted to VetOp.

Cloudy

Reaction score
I just found this, because my friend NinjagoNinja19 used to go to lava survival. He sometimes goes to lava survival, but I'm always going to Blocktopia Lava Survival a lot.

Most of my favorites are from Classic Lava Survival and will remain as one my favorites.

Sploorky, copycat16, RonaldoSkillz, oliver56bird, digitalmez, ASHD, Supermegacheater, GoldenValley, raxo2222, Ragetastic96 , hoogilan, aleeyana, Spencer725, ParasiteX408... I think I have too many friends to list here.

Last edited:

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Back in TheOne's era, I heard about TheOne's Classic Zombie Survival from a friend of mine named Ghoul47. I knew him from another Classic Minecraft build map, and he wanted me to accompany him in a game of tag there. I joined him when I was on the account "Amoriea," another friend of mine's Minecraft account, and enjoyed it very much. I soon stopped playing with Ghoul47, so I stopped playing Zombie.

Eventually, I got my own account, and decided to go back to Zombie... Sooner than later, I signed up for Trusted. Soon after, requested to be put on Op-Trial... And eventually, Operator of Zombie Survival. I was quite popular there for quite some time, until I lost internet access, and soon my title of Operator...

I went from Zombie to SMP, made Shizuka, aaaand Blocktopia was the decided name change from TheOne's.

I especially loved my time as Operator on Classic Zombie Survival. Sadly, after it got more rules, and WoM broke its physics, I kind of just lost interest.

But, I have to admit, the first few maps of Solitude were especially the best. When it was just a dirt wasteland with rivers, it was quite an adrenaline rush when I found people in my path across the river, next to this village. Turns out, they were friendly people I knew, and the mayor of the village was @EphemeralKap.

Long story short, I joined Kap's village, stuff happened, Kap went crazy, and the map became forever memorable.

There was a group of people I played Minecraft with on SMP that I stuck with, all the way until Gaia of Primordia... @DaniNomsYou, @lolpierandom, @EonLatias, and @Shadowofgods. I was wrong to "force" them with me into leadership, as I only felt comfortable with them around, due to me being a terrible leader. They're great friends, but we weren't fit to take care of over 100 players.

Still, I love you guys. <3

What's your favorite part about Blocktopia?
The community. The whole reason I haven't left yet is because I have some great friends here. A brilliant hang out, and the perfect place to be myself.

How long have you known Blocktopia?
Well, I've know about Blocktopia since we came up with the name during TheOne's. I've known TheOne's since... The summer of either 2009 or 2010, I believe.

~ ~ ~

And because I was once Operator and leader of one of the four Primordia nations, I'll answers some questions. ;)

Who/what inspired you to become part of staff?
What inspired me to become Classic Zombie Survival staff was the great times I had there. I wanted to contribute to the game, with more than just enjoying it everyday... So, I wanted to become a referee, a person who watches over the round for people who break the rules.

With the server not having as many rules at the time (Towers were allowed, all blocks were allowed, unlimited block placement for humans, no block placement for zombies), it was easy to talk and watch at the same time.

What are some of your favorite moments while staffing?
... Breaking some of the minor rules without hassle, such as "spamming" the chat on Classic Zombie by me "singing." I would write down the lyrics of the song I was listening to, and people would just laugh about it. Some even joined in, and we all had fun. Even people who just joined in didn't have a problem with it.

If Infection was the same way, which I highly doubted would ever happen, I probably would enjoy it very much. But, Infection has carried over many rules from the late stage of Classic Zombie, as well as some changes that have to be made to cope with Premium features. I may adapt to it in time, but for now, I'll just keep my favorite memories of Classic Zombie, and play some Mabinogi.

Reactions: Robo and Digitalis

Sploorky

Reaction score
How did you hear about Blocktopia? ElectricalBeast's zombie survival videos.

What are some of your favorite moments? Those times when brickwolf, jayp, Deadl0ck, megatron, etc came on lava. It was always so different because they fucked with the round, and it was tons of fun.

Who are some notable people you made friends with? Don't like naming names when it comes to these kind of questions.

What's your favorite part about Blocktopia? Just getting to speak with people I consider friends.

How long have you known Blocktopia? 2 and a half years.

Who/what inspired you to become part of staff? Well, I was promoted without making an application..but I just liked lava and wanted to help out, so I accepted.

What are some of your favorite moments while staffing? Trusted/Op/Half of vetop was lava busting with people, so I'd have to say that. Knew a lot of really fantastic people back then.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
How did you hear about Blocktopia? Ended up clicking on the zombie server a long time ago looking through the list

What are some of your favorite moments? Solitude V0 and many of the SMP Servers were great, but mostly the best moments I've had were on Teamspeak.

Who are some notable people you made friends with? Goldenvalley, Ronaldoskillz, Sploorky, Kurizmaah, ShadowofGods, Araidian, Vati180, Tuna, Choclate_god, Brickwolf, Toco_Toucan, Jolteon, Paceboys, Oak120, Cheeseman21, Limbocat, Infernofox, Celesdian, Jammy001/Haysagar, Skittz, and probably others but I'm basically glancing through Teamspeak right now and looking at who's on

What's your favorite part about Blocktopia? The friends I've made :giggle:

How long have you known Blocktopia? Like 3 or 4 years or something

As for operators+, post your Blocktopia story AND your staff acception story. AoD was released and I was like yee that's a cool thing and I applied and Iguana was like yee and that's what happened

Who/what inspired you to become part of staff? Cool server

What are some of your favorite moments while staffing? PLEASE DO NOT TEAMKILL I HATE ALL OF YOU

Last edited:
Reactions: Robo

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
How did you hear about Blocktopia? Clicked on it while scrolling through the classic servers.

What are some of your favorite moments? Applying for trusted on zombie for the very first time.

Who are some notable people you made friends with? There's too many, but the names that I think of are Cheeseman21, Jayfeather21, MY_NAME_is_TUNA, dragosh98, aperson155, RonaldoSkillz, GoldenValley, dannyboymed, infernofox, Later_Gator, iamgreg07, airkid, letterp, enceladus, darthlego5679, nillbugwtw, skittz... there's more, and I feel bad for not remembering the names, but if I continued this post would be too long.

What's your favorite part about Blocktopia? My favorite thing is the community.

How long have you known Blocktopia? I joined January 2011

As for operators+, post your Blocktopia story AND your staff acception story. My first server to staff on was classic zombie, I applied exactly a month after first joining. I got trusted and eventually got op. I also got staff on SMP after crafty decided to promote me. I was trusted on classic TnT for a short bit. I've staffed on and off since then, short bit on classic zombie in 2013 I think then now on infection.

Who/what inspired you to become part of staff? Dannyboymed was the first person I can remember from zombie. he was always friendly and fun to be around.

What are some of your favorite moments while staffing? What happens in opchat, stays in opchat.

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
How did you hear about Blocktopia? Though another community

What are some of your favorite moments? My favorite moments within blocktopia have to be my staffing days on TNT and zombie.

Who are some notable people you made friends with? Zombiepineapple, Super_Mario_Bros, Airkid, and copycat

What's your favorite part about Blocktopia? Friends

How long have you known Blocktopia? I joined near the end of 2010 but didn't fully join till 2011.