Possible Tekkit server in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brando212

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place wasn't sure where else to put it

I was wondering if the next time the premium servers are changed up one of them could possibly be a tekkit server.

I've never found a good tekkit server I've liked being apart of the community, but with the people of Blocktopia I can only imagine the possibilities that could be done on a tekkit server. I think it could be a lot of fun

now I know the likeliness of this happening is not very high, but I thought I'd at least throw the idea out there for you guys to think about

tekkit 3 has been very stable and it would be a lot of fun to mess around on there with the people of Blocktopia :)

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
We had a Tekkit server before.
Main problem was grief. We don't want to use Hawk as it takes resources.
We solved this by allowing players to own plots of land, but this still doesn't completely solve issue. PvP and stealing outside plots occurred, which wasn't good.

However, if it was fun, and if we can find a low resource way to ensure stealing and grief doesn't occur without having to staff the server, it'd be great.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
We had a Tekkit server before.
Main problem was grief. We don't want to use Hawk as it takes resources.
We solved this by allowing players to own plots of land, but this still doesn't completely solve issue. PvP and stealing outside plots occurred, which wasn't good.

However, if it was fun, and if we can find a low resource way to ensure stealing and grief doesn't occur without having to staff the server, it'd be great.
Mhm, it was a shame. Players were being incredible dicks on Tekkit and as nearly nobody played it, it was closed. However I would love for Blocktopia to have a Tekkit once again. I'm quite an avid player of it :)

Shmid

Reaction score
Life on Tekkit server on BT would go like this:
Spawn, gather stuff, set up shop, OMGZ machines!, raided, hunt for better lace to live, get envious over people who got everything by day two of server, killed by some pvp-happy D-bag in full Red Matter or Quant. gear (w. all rings), find quiet, secluded area, get awesome stuff, find friends to live with, friends go inactive within a week, FOREVER ALONE, get killed 4 times by aforementioned D-bag in one hour, RAGEQUIT. (I'm sure I'm missing something)

SIGN ME UP NAOW.

• Disagree
Reactions: Duffie and Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Life on Tekkit server on BT would go like this:
Spawn, gather stuff, set up shop, OMGZ machines!, raided, hunt for better lace to live, get envious over people who got everything by day two of server, killed by some pvp-happy D-bag in full Red Matter or Quant. gear (w. all rings), find quiet, secluded area, get awesome stuff, find friends to live with, friends go inactive within a week, FOREVER ALONE, get killed 4 times by aforementioned D-bag in one hour, RAGEQUIT. (I'm sure I'm missing something)

SIGN ME UP NAOW.
It would be looking much different, better way in "gangster" clan - made by people from Lava Survival and Dagon.

Spawn, Mine, chat chat chat chat, Craft, BULD BUILD BUILD AND BUILD!, chat chat chat chat, hey I made diamond factory....,chat chat chat chat, hey lovely do you want swiftwolf ring? ,chat chat chat chat, Lets make quantum suits for us all so D-backs wont eat us, chat chat chat chat, <3 <3 <3, OUR CLAN IS BEST ON SERVER!!!!.

That could look well-maintained server, and friendly clan.

EDIT: GmK ninjad me.

Brando212

Reaction score
We had Tekkit, we won't have it again. Demand was too low to maintain it.
when did we have a tekkit server? i don't even remember you guys having one. all I know is tekkit 1 & 2 had stability issues but the newer tekkit 3 is rather stable, which is why i brought up this thread

and since the tekkit server is bukkit based you could use plugins to stop greifing couldn't you? (at least have the plugin that allows you to lock chests with signs)

in any case, why not have a poll or something to see if as a community we're ready to try it again

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I would love to be able to play on a Blocktopia tekkit server
1. I only play tekkit in singleplayer because I can't find any good ones.
2. I would love to be able to make factories and such with people from blocktopia.
3.Yes. Just Yes.

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Two words if this happens:
ERMAHGERD
TERRKIT!
In all seriousness though, I would be really happy if this happened. Hopefully we'll do a Solitude and we may get it back.

Arcius

Reaction score
I'll keep running challenges as long as people keep signing up. I like the idea of a team oriented Tekkit server... Solo just won't work out too well. Right now I'm trying a formula that I hope will work, but it'll limit how many people can play on it, thus making it not a good official server.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
All this would be, if it did get re-added is another Solitude. Popular for a few days due to high demand, then it goes to shit and nobody plays it.

Shmid

Reaction score
when did we have a tekkit server? i don't even remember you guys having one. all I know is tekkit 1 & 2 had stability issues but the newer tekkit 3 is rather stable, which is why i brought up this thread

and since the tekkit server is bukkit based you could use plugins to stop greifing couldn't you? (at least have the plugin that allows you to lock chests with signs)

in any case, why not have a poll or something to see if as a community we're ready to try it again
We had a test server during Prim. It wasn't too popular and went down in a couple of weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
Tekkit has had a lot of great updates and I think right now more people play tekkit because
1.it is easier to understand.
2.a lot of new better things to do in tekkit
So I think it would deserve a test run.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Tekkit has had a lot of great updates and I think right now more people play tekkit because
1.it is easier to understand.
2.a lot of new better things to do in tekkit
So I think it would deserve a test run.
3. Its easy to install - Tekkit Launcher, remember to have it updated!
4. Everyone, especially Lava Survival people were addicted to Primordia....

So I second to Goku.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
If we had Tekkit, I would play that more often. Technic can only get you so far, especially if you play alone.

I'd probably play alone on Tekkit, too, but... The same as Solitude; You have the sense of other people being there.

Plus, you can show off what little things you've made, or if you're Raxo, the gigantic creations you make within hours.

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
Here's an idea: If those of you who support the idea want to prove its viability, start your own Tekkit server and see how it goes. If it gets enough activity and remains relatively trouble-free/low maintenance (keep server/technical work in mind here), then you'll be on the right track to convincing the administration that it's something worth doing.

And even if they still don't like it, then at least you'll have a Tekkit server to play on. It's not like anyone is preventing you from starting a private gig or anything. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.