[POLL] What, do you think, would the ideal length of a RoF round be?

[POLL] What, do you think, would the ideal length of a RoF round be?

• Shorter than 25 minutes

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 25 minutes

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 30 minutes

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 35 minutes

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 40 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45 minutes

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 60 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer than 60 minutes

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Varied: Some maps are 25, some are 30, some are 45, etc.

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
W

Wimali

We just had a little discussion about this on RoF and I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion about it is. Don't expect the length to change though, I doubt that will ever happen. This is just to see what most people think!

W

Wimali

10-15 mins, straight up, 'nuff said.
(And if there's an actual poll, then I'm sorry, but I'm using Tapatalk and can't see it.)
There is an actual poll, but it's fine. Personally, I'd have to disagree with you though- 10 minutes just isn't nearly enough to build anything. And sure, you don't really have the choice to build anything "pretty" anyway due to a limitation of blocks, but I still feel like 10 minutes would be way too short to fully enjoy the game. That's just my opinion though.

brownlee123

Reaction score
There is an actual poll, but it's fine. Personally, I'd have to disagree with you though- 10 minutes just isn't nearly enough to build anything. And sure, you don't really have the choice to build anything "pretty" anyway due to a limitation of blocks, but I still feel like 10 minutes would be way too short to fully enjoy the game. That's just my opinion though.
Yeah, I see what you're saying, and over time as I progress (hopefully) to higher ranks like Grandmaster, I'll feel more like playing a longer round.
But at the moment I usually just end up AFK-ing when the round gets long...

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Are players getting bored of long round times on RoF? I think that there was a always a push and pull on how long round times should be in Classic Lava. I remember when players, including me, used to build parkour courses and humongous spawn houses just to the pass time in a productive way, but I doubt that players have the liberty to build such things in RoF or it doesn't really make sense to do so anymore.

I like the idea of varied time lengths for a specific map. Perhaps someone could possibly compile the current list of maps and separate how long each map should be? Lets say that there are 30 maps in rotation ranging from small, medium, to large. The small maps have shorter times than the larger maps.

OR change the way the future map submissons should be? For instance, if the server needs more small maps then put an appropriate size constraint for map builders (i.e -- 60x60x60 for small maps that have times set at 25mins. 80x80x80 for medium 35min maps. 100x100x100 for large 45min maps). I kinda like this idea even though I'm unsure if it's possible or too much of a hassle for the staff to implement.

Actually, what's the average size of most of the RoF maps in rotation?

And if the rounds are shorter, then should the map builders start making smaller maps or less detailed maps?

W

Wimali

On the topic of Classic
Actually, the varied length was a RoF feature. It might have been on CLava as well but I don't know. And yes, personally I would love an infinite block gamemode more than anything else, because it would allow us to actually build nice things, but I'm afraid not a lot of people share that opinion.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Actually, the varied length was a RoF feature. It might have been on CLava as well but I don't know. And yes, personally I would love an infinite block gamemode more than anything else, because it would allow us to actually build nice things, but I'm afraid not a lot of people share that opinion.
Yeah, it was on CLava as well, as far as I rememeber. I'd love to see it on RoF as well. Not more than 45 minutes per round though, and I personally think no round should take more than 40 minutes. Minimum time should be 20 or 25 minutes. In my opinion.

W

Wimali

Yeah, it was on CLava as well, as far as I rememeber. I'd love to see it on RoF as well. Not more than 45 minutes per round though, and I personally think no round should take more than 40 minutes. Minimum time should be 20 or 25 minutes. In my opinion.
I remember at the start of RoF when Estranged was 25 minutes and Rooted was 45 minutes. I feel like 25-45 minutes would be perfect, with 35 being the most common. I also feel like it shouldn't be map-specific. But this is just discussing of course- I doubt the current system will ever change.

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
I for one think that new maps that aren't made for Angry should not exceed 20 minutes.
All the maps that already exist could be shortened, though again this depends on the map and the materials available there.
Though I'm strictly against anything over 30 minutes.

(Also Bram ur a nub <3)

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't mind having some rounds longer and some rounds shorter, however nothing can be perfect eh? If maps get different times, from what I know about ROF those maps timers would instantly break due to them all being fixed on 30mins but that's half the battle, the rest is changing every single map to their new time, which will be very time consuming for the C+ also the c+ have already got a lot on their plate as we speak.

• Agree
Reactions: deathdoom13

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I'd like to see something like 'rushed mode!' where the lava will consume everything in 5 minutes but the round last the standard time or 'cooled lava' where the lava timers kick in delayed but the rounds last the same amount of time.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and Lux

deathdoom13

Reaction score
I personally feel that the initial map creator can set the length of rounds (with some consent so it won't be like 70 hours long) and vary the length for all future maps and have the current maps have their old times back (rooted with its 45 minutes and such). Some maps will break if we automatically roll the dice for round lengths.

Or we coud just use a RNG and have waves happen by dividing the length of round by the amount of timers.

Reactions: FreakyCupcake