Poll : Natural vs Urban Map

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters

Numberplay

Reaction score
I've asked this question once in the server and the result was surprisingly balanced. So I though it could be worth making a thread about this.

So I'm asking here which kind of map do you like the most. It can be on all aspects : look, gameplay , immersion, etc.

A natural map is a map that contain more complex landscape and only occasionally cointains buildings. Most of the map is forest, mountain, rivers, etc. We usually don,t see any kind of flatness in these maps. Examples : Forest Frenzy, Underground Forest.

An urban map is the opposite were everything looks man-made. It can either be a map full of tall building and roads, spaceships, a huge base, etc. It will mostly be flat, landscapes are usually only done around the map, not in the middle of the map. Examples : Battle of Endor, Mansion, Prypiat.

==================

From my point of view, I prefer natural maps. There won't be any kind of recursion in the shape of this kind of map, it's easier to find our way around and it allows players to make their own equipment easily. The urban maps usually end up being very flat. Chests found in urban maps ends up being empty very quickly. When you respawn without any kit, it becomes very annoying to make equipment and there's no tree/wood around.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
It all depends on creativity, I often prefer natural maps too. But, I like seeing creative urban maps with a twist, such as a urban map made to look like san francisco, or something like that.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I'm on the fence really, I'm just used to the ugly urban classic buildings, but I'm sure there's people other than Number who can make breathtaking city maps as well.

EDIT: By classic, I mean Minecraft Classic, like Zombie Survival

• Agree
Reactions: Jubjubers

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
I think, generally, urban maps are more defensible and have feasible routes of attack/escape, e.g, windows, other floors, balconies, roofs. However, the more natural landscapes leaves a large area to be seen, yet there may be small niches to hide, I am still not fond of them completely.​