[POLL] - Just testing the water with this

Would you be for or against a SMP 'restart' for the given reasons? [READ THREAD]

• Yes, i would be ok with the server resetting

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • No, i would not be ok with this

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • I would prefer to wait two months

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • other

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Barricxde

Reaction score
Hard decision. I know how hard you guys have worked on some projects. But these rollbacks are starting to get on my nerves, And I guess there's not much point to continue playing while this is going on. So we would lose, everything, if there was a restart? Everything? Really hard decision. I honestly am leaning more towards the restart, and I'd prefer it to be straight away rather than in the future as we'll be working towards nothing while waiting for the reset. What kind of new map are we talking about, and how long would it take for everything to be up and running say if we restarted, tomorrow?
I've voted yes to the restart, as it's bound to happen sooner or later. Nhadsucskmfsf.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

Wiggy

Reaction score
I am against a reset. I have spent a lot of time on the server, on stuff I doubt I could replicate again. I know a lot of players have also spent a lot of time working on the town. It would be a shame to see all this go to waste.

wateronflamz

Reaction score
I voted for a restart, for many reasons but one of them is that its best we get a restart now rather then down the road. also I would love to build my stuff better then last time. A fresh start would be nice.

torty

Reaction score
Me Gusta.

Fresh start is fine with me, I enjoy the thrill of a new smp, aswell as the social aspect of it, teaming up and what not. Maybe we will see new alliances etc this time.

jackamel

Op Purple :D
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldnt be happy with this. If the server is going to reset then I have basically wasted my time these past three weeks. I dont mind exploring new worlds or places, but not at the cost of everything I have built, mined and already achieved. I wouldnt want to have to do this all over again. And then what happens in another few weeks time, when the server starts playing up... another reset, again?
I WANT TO KEEP MY STUFF! D:

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
I'll preface this by noting that I've not had any experience of living near the 'core' spawn area, where it sounds like the bulk of the problems would have been.

I'm somewhat opposed to a server reset. While I understand the concerns about fair play, these seem to have been reduced quite a bit. Getting over the surrounding mountains was a little long-winded, but I didn't see anything else drastically wrong with the map. I'd quite like to be able to keep the work we've done over the past few weeks - I think it's fair to say that most server launches have teething problems, and it's impractical to reset a few weeks after the event if there are problems.

However, if a reset is necessary then I'd say that it should be done pretty much immediately. Waiting two months would just discourage me from playing, since it'd all be gone after that.

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
I voted against not because I have a big project going on, or because I am sitting on tons of stuff I don't want to lose. I voted against because it would take 2 weeks for the new server to catch up, and I will have no valuable target to kill. I like it as it is, challenging and hard. Plus all the time I spent scouting the map and writing coords on a sheet of paper is going to waste.

I disagree that people couldn't build their cities due to PvPing... my group was the biggest kill on sight rouge group, and we did not prevent anyone from building(or mining), and the few other mercs either got banned for constant harass or stopped because they were warned for constant harass.

Oh and there will probably be a week of undeclared peace, since the most people will have in the beginning is iron armor... and some won't even go as deep as diamonds.
Any by something big you mean killing everyone you see in SMP and raiding all their chests?

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Whilst I have no desire to face a restart, it is inveitable, considering the chaos which has arisen over the last few weeks since it started. If we must restart, wait at least until the next update is out. Then we won't have it restart before waiting a good few weeks for the plugins to update to the latest version. Fresh start, fresh version.

Also, bring back solitude.

• Agree
Reactions: Shinyshark

BrickWolf

The Concrete Dog
Reaction score
I'd quite like to be able to keep the work we've done over the past few weeks - I think it's fair to say that most server launches have teething problems, and it's impractical to reset a few weeks after the event if there are problems.
This. I'd rather not see our time and energy on cities and projects be wiped away all over again, but that's just me.

L

Later_Gator

I wonder how many of the people who voted "yes" actually even built/worked on anything very time-consuming? My guess would be about half.

Dlmt3

Reaction score
Well, the vote is overwhelmingly Restart. And like its been said before, if it will happen, let it happen soon, please.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
We probably should address points such as huge animal farms or mob spawners. The server does have a set limit to how many animals/monsters can spawn. If a person has a farm with some 50 animals, it kills the spawn rates all elsewhere. :/
*Ears Twitch* I heard Cow Crusader. @Darthlego5679
Anyways, this'll have to be an issue discussed by the Staff soon enough.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DarthLego5679

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, i'll make an official announcement soon but the aim is to race the reset out by friday, which should be doable (SMP Will be down today while i set up the new map - we may keep it down until friday to avoid hassle). - So, if you have any friends who didn't jump on smp because it was already underway, keep them noted that things will reset on friday.

To all those woeing about things they've lost - do keep in mind that I 'was' playing SMP aswell, and helped found the most powerful/richest faction upon the server :'). So it wasn't 'easy' for me to decide to set up a reset vote.

We'll be hopefully releasing a rules draft by tomorrow, something 99% final so that you don't get confused by rule additions/changes.

I know, this is a 'massive' inconvenience for people, but after this - I promise you (hell i'll give you my credit card numbers if i go back on my word) - there will not be another reset for ATLEAST 2 months unless bukkit/minecraft updates anything up.

NamelessHero

Reaction score
This is offtopic, so its spoilered
Any by something big you mean killing everyone you see in SMP and raiding all their chests?
OK lets see where I used the word "big"
" not because I have a big project going on"
I don't think you were referring to that use of the word "big"
" my group was the biggest kill on sight rouge group"
And if you were somehow referring to that use of the word, then I don't follow your train of though.

I have not used the combination of words "something big" anywhere in my post.
Are you sure you quoted the right guy?

I know, this is a 'massive' inconvenience for people, but after this - I promise you (hell i'll give you my credit card numbers if i go back on my word) - there will not be another reset for ATLEAST 2 months unless bukkit/minecraft updates anything up.
Since there is an upcoming minecraft update(books and writing and stuff) maybe you would consider postponing the reset for after the update? Or are we hoping that the update hits and bukkit also manages to update before Friday?

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
This is offtopic, so its spoilered

OK lets see where I used the word "big"
" not because I have a big project going on"
I don't think you were referring to that use of the word "big"
" my group was the biggest kill on sight rouge group"
And if you were somehow referring to that use of the word, then I don't follow your train of though.

I have not used the combination of words "something big" anywhere in my post.
Are you sure you quoted the right guy?

Since there is an upcoming minecraft update(books and writing and stuff) maybe you would consider postponing the reset for after the update? Or are we hoping that the update hits and bukkit also manages to update before Friday?

Pretty much hoping that, SMP's built to run on barebones anyway so the update shouldn't be too cumbersome as it is.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Yay aftel losing my big Building procet due to rollback I had pretty decided to stop playing due to that and some other crap like house to close to spawn, and loosing my stuff again and again because of grriefers, that destryed the chest they took from

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Yay after losing my big Building percent due to rollback I had pretty decided to stop playing due to that and some other crap like house to close to spawn, and loosing my stuff again and again because of griefers, that destroyed the chest they took from
Wow its called bad luck! Do you went under ladder 13rd Friday and passed black cats way? (I don't believe in these things, I said it just to show extent of bad luck.)

I wish good luck to you in next map!