Player of the month

sniper17

Reaction score
i was wondering if maybe once a month or once every two weeks we could do a player of the month. It would be just an ordinary player that plays on zombies and shows good sportsmanship and follows the rules. Maybe we could recognize one player and give them a little love. We could maybe vote for the top ten and then have people vote on who it should be. Maybe they could also win karma? or it would be a good way to get recognized be higher staff and then maybe u guys would give them a reference. im open for ideas if any of you have any. And maybe it could be put in the meeting recaps every couple of weeks? Thanks
Sniper17

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
We don't want person to play against eachother purely for the win with the purpose to be 'player of the month', the winner will probably start to show off how he is it, and there will be always persons that, indeed, will complain that they should've chosen because 'they see they are better than the person chosen' etc..

Because it isn't necessary (not even a little bit) and will only start making the server a rivalry who is the best, I mean: come on, it's a server for fun, not ''Who is the best zombie survivor server?"

Also, who would judge it, if so, I would say that everyone would have to be able to vote who he thinks is best but then you get the problem people start to vote for friends, family etc...

So I'm heavily against this idea.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Also don't forget favoritism, If ops voted on Players to be "Player of the month", I'm sure some ops would vote for their friends.. Always happens.

Pizzamoves

Reaction score
Also don't forget favoritism, If ops voted on Players to be "Player of the month", I'm sure some ops would vote for their friends.. Always happens.
This. Also, this would create bragging, pestering of ops to pick them and more.

Summer10

Reaction score
Also, who would judge it, if so, I would say that everyone would have to be able to vote who he thinks is best but then you get the problem people start to vote for friends, family etc...

Same thing.....

Anyways i dont think this would be a good idea because it's a game of tag not who's more popular and can get the player of the month.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

Same thing.....

Anyways i dont think this would be a good idea because it's a game of tag not who's more popular and can get the player of the month.
I didn't see his post when I made mine.. -.-

sniper17

Reaction score
Alright I appreciate all of your personal opinions.. Just thinking of ways to improve around here :) and heck if I have an idea I'll share with u all.. Someone will never know if it's possible if they don't bring an idea to the public

Thanks anyways
Sniper17