Plane Troubles - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
The light plane took off. It has cargo that needs to arrive in Chicago. On board is a pilot, and a few passengers. However, some of the passengers have a special interest in the contents of the cargo…

Plane Troubles

Hey, this is a nice lighter mafia game designed to get more people into the game. It’s going to have just a few power roles, and should play smoothly.

How to play and voting

This game will have two teams. Town, and Mafia. The town aim to get rid of the Mafia to win. The Mafia aim to equal the numbers of the town to win.

We will start with a day phase, where everyone may talk to each other in the game thread. People may vote each other. If votes for a person reach a majority, the person is lynched and is out of the game, and will have their role revealed. The day ends at that point. The town want the Mafia to be lynched, and the Mafia should try to avoid being lynched.

Alternatively, you may elect to vote no lynch. If 50% of the players vote for no lynch, the day will end with no one dying.

To vote, at the end of your post you need to say vote <fullplayername>. Make sure it’s bolded, as it makes my job a lot easier!

After the day ends, it will go to night. At that point the mafia members will converse with each other, and agree on a target. With only one possible exception for this game, generally the target will die and the game will progress to the next day. Additional power roles will have abilities that can be used at night as well.

The Rules

The rules are a very important read, as they tell you what to do and what not to do.

Be respectful and polite.
- You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead. (Editing posts should be disabled in any case)
-You are not allowed to make last statements after you are dead.
- If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
- Do not rate posts (ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia. Rating posts instead of making posts while you are alive is discouraged as well, as the posts are the life of mafia.
- You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
- NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game with no chance of alternates replacing you.

Honesty and Cheating
• In all interactions with the moderator, you must be honest.
• Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game unless specifically allowed to by the moderator. When allowed, only do so in the specific manner allowed. You are free to talk to people about the game in a way of alerting them to new posts, etc., as long as you don’t talk about things happening.
• Do not attempt to access another player's information by technological means (such as hacking).
• Do nothing that would be considered cheating.

Gaming the System
• Do not quote your role PM, take a screen capture of it, etc. You may paraphrase the role PM.
• Do not attempt to analyze the mechanics of a role PM in comparison to other players. For example, "the fourth word of my role PM is town." Or "my PM was sent at 11:23, when was yours?"
• Do not attempt to use a system of robust cryptography, etc. Do not use small or invisible text to attempt to avoid detection.
• Actions that involve "bets" or other outside-the-game contrivances to try to confirm a player are prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, avatar bets, replacement bets, etc.
• At no time should there be pre-game alliances made.
Activity
• You are expected to be an active participant in your game. Do not flake.
• If you know you are going to be absent a particular amount of time, post in game and PM the moderator that you will be V/LA. Please include the date you plan to be back and posting.

Lynching
• Each player gets a single vote to use during the day that they may change as many times as they wish to vote for any player.
• When a majority of players are voting for an certain player, that player is "lynched" and removed from the game.
• Players may vote for "No Lynch." If at least half of the players vote for a "No Lynch," the day ends without a lynch.

Behavior
• No racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. language may be used.
• Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. It is the nature of the game that players will be antagonistic toward each other at times. However, it should always be kept in the spirit of a game.
• Always play to your win condition. Never sabotage your team's chances simply because you're angry at them.
• Do not discuss ongoing games in the game.
• Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else.
The Moderator
• The Moderator will post frequent vote counts.
• The moderator reserves the right to alter any rule in the game including any of the rules found in this document.
• If the moderator makes a mistake on a vote count, please address it in thread in bold.
• PM the moderator with other concerns.
• The moderator has the final say.

Quitting
• When you sign up, it is expected you are capable of remaining interested in the game throughout its run.
• If you have decided you can no longer be a part of this wonderful adventure, send a private message to the moderator announcing you are leaving.
• Under no circumstances are you to reveal your role while you quit.
• If you think you are losing the game and cannot remain motivated to play, do not give up and reveal your role in resignation. Be a good sport and see your loss through with class.
• The moderator is expected to treat you with respect throughout any possible situation regarding quitting.

The Roles
There are a few different roles for this game. Before the game starts, I will send a private message telling you your role. A couple roles have more powers than others.

Passenger-You are a regular passenger. You have no special abilities at night and you are town sided. Your main power is providing a vote. If you are none of the roles below, you will be a passenger.

Cop x1-You have a night ability that allows you to investigate someone. You will find out the role of the person you investigate. You are town sided.

Doctor x1*-You have a night ability that allows you to protect someone. If that person is targeted by the mafia, they will survive. You cannot protect yourself. You are town sided.
*-This role will only appear if ten players are reached.

Mafia x2*-You are one of the Mafioso. Each night, the mafia will meet and discuss who to target. If your target is successful, the victim will be killed and their role revealed to everyone on the following day. You are mafia sided, of course.
*-An additional Mafia will be added if signups reach 10 players.

The Requirements and Signups

This game is designed for newer players, and there are a couple requirements to qualify.
You must have played one Blocktopia Mafia game or none at all.
You are not signed up for GmK’s game, since you can only participate in one mafia game at a time here.

If you meet the two requirements, simply post here saying you want to play! Signups will need a minimum of 7 players, maximum of 10. There is an incentive if it reaches ten, though! I'll add the doctor into the mix, as well as another mafia member.

A couple spots will only be open to Australians for a 24 hour period so that more timezones are accounted for fairly. (UPDATE: Reserve spots filled and merged with regular spots!)

Signups
1. Sephhh
2. midnightgirl24
3. Swate
4. Mad11gab8
5. Samlen
6. brownlee123
7. CaffeinatedKitty
8. Pikmon2
9. Lee_Scar
10. raxo2222

Remember, this is a fun game, and remember to enjoy yourselves! I’m excited to host this, and I’m able to answer any questions you may have!

Last edited:

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I have always wanted to try this, sign me up! Though I can't guarantee I'll be any good :S but that's what a beginner's game is for, I suppose! ^^
That's alright, this will be a nice learning experience, thanks for signing up!

The edit button is disabled for the mafia subforum since a part of mafia is going back and re-reading people's posts to see if they said anything suspicious, if you could edit then you could easily cover things up ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Swate

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I want to join! X3 Never played Mafia ever \o/ XD (If this posts more than once I'm sorry >_< There's lag on this computer)
It posted only once, don't worry! Welcome to the game!

If anything in the first post doesn't make sense, please ask questions, it helps everyone out! In addition, it can help to read previous Mafia games in the archive section, since that will give you insight on various town and mafia roles and what playstyles have been successful for them.

midnightgirl24

You're gonna have a bad time.
Reaction score
It posted only once, don't worry! Welcome to the game!

If anything in the first post doesn't make sense, please ask questions, it helps everyone out! In addition, it can help to read previous Mafia games in the archive section, since that will give you insight on various town and mafia roles and what playstyles have been successful for them.
I have been reading the others! :D They're so interesting! I'll ask if I have questions, and please correct me if I mess something up XD

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Been meaning to start some mafia for awhile, haven't played any yet so I'm in =D
Welcome to mafia!

Just two more people are needed and we will hit the required amount of players, but I'll keep signups open for a little bit of extra time after that so we can try to hit ten players.

brownlee123

Reaction score
Only played 1 mafia before (Intrusion - didn't end so well for me & I didn't learn much) so I think this will be a great game for me to play! I'd love to join!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Lol XD endersteve5 thanks :3
I've been interested in Mafia for a while! \O/ sign me up!! ^u^
Welcome to Mafia <3

We have now hit the minimum amount of players required, I'll keep signups open for another day or two. Remember, if we get ten people to sign up, I'll add a couple extra power roles to the game!

brownlee123

Reaction score
Just a heads-up:

I will have no internet connection until Sunday afternoon EST as I will be deep in the mountains. Just letting you know.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Not signing up for this game since i'm already in GmK's game but i would like to wish everyone good luck, having fun and thank everyone for allowing themselves into the world of Mafia. Mafia is fun, Challenging and time-consuming. But i wish you all best of luck on the plane. I'll be reading this for my amusement :3

• Thank You
  • Agree
Reactions: Enderfive and Swate
Status
Not open for further replies.