[Plagiarism] Trusted Application

Spiderbite786

Reaction score
My in game name is Abzy7
I am applying for Blocktopia's Zombie Survival Server
The timezone that I am in is GMT+1
I am 15 years old and I have been playing Blocktopia game servers for over 3 months now.
I have never held a staff position on any of the Blocktopia's servers but I know the commands of being trusted. kick/warn/mute to keep the game fair.

I will help new players learn the rules, try my best to keep the server fun for all users and make sure everybody follows the rules to keep the game fair and if anybody has any complaints or suggestions about the game, guide then to the forums.
If a staff member is acting up or abusing the game rules I will ask them to stop nicely, and if they continue, I would take screenshots of the events and send them in a pm to Controllers+ ASAP.
I deserve the position of Trusted because I am a very active member of the community, I come online everyday and I always help when the opportunity appears. I will also do my very best to keep the server fun for everyone.

Thank you for you time!!!!!!

Signed: SpiderBite786

• Dislike
Reactions: Notme

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Spider, where are your references ? :O and you didnt use the right format, please use this: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/trusted-application-format.143/
They actually used the correct format just didnt include the questions. Anyways Spiderbite, as you dont have any of the 5 refrences that are required for trusted you application will be denied for now. Also, you need to have 30 hours to apply for trusted you have only 8. Feel free to apply again when you have met the remainder of the requirments.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Plagiarized Text said:
I will help new players learn the rules, try my best to keep the server fun for all users and make sure everybody follows the rules to keep the game fair and if anybody has any complaints or suggestions about the game, guide then to the forums.
Plagiarizing others, even from Oct. 2011, warrants an instant autodeny I believe.
Plagiarizing Willchill's app.
Also, if you take a closer look, you'll notice most of the answers are just Willchill's but slightly modified. Unfortunately for Spider, he forgot to modify one of the paragraphs.

Reactions: Forseti

Arcius

Reaction score
Plagiarizing others, even from Oct. 2011, warrants an instant autodeny I believe.
Plagiarizing Willchill's app.
Also, if you take a closer look, you'll notice most of the answers are just Willchill's but slightly modified. Unfortunately for Spider, he forgot to modify one of the paragraphs.
Ooooo snap. If this was college he would have a good chance of being kicked out. I'm pretty sure the same rules apply here, yeah?

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, fellas; much appreciated!

Spiderbite786: Assuming you got the questions from the format, rather than just from Willchill's application, why didn't you take note of the large, underlined, and bolded text? It clearly states that you absolutely need those five references. Not only that, but you've only racked up little over eight and a half hours of total time spent online in this specific server. This leads to me thinking that it's no wonder you've copied another person's old application, not to mention the fact that copying an older one should normally (in my opinion) make someone think you're trying to be discrete. It's definitely an automatic denial for this application.

I deserve the position of Trusted because I am a very active member of the community, I come online everyday and I always help when the opportunity appears.
[2012-08-29 00:08:09] Abzy7 [-8] has the rank of "human
[2012-08-29 00:08:09] > > first logged into the server on 3/31/2012 3:57:48 PM
[2012-08-29 00:08:09] > > Times logged in: 23

Aug 20 17:48:13 <+ZombieBot> Abzy7: it takes time to be trusted
[2012-08-29 00:10:14] Abzy7 has been online for a total of: 8 hours, 33
[2012-08-29 00:10:14] > minutes.

Aug 24 17:30:22 <+ZombieBot> WARNED: Abzy7 by WinX64: Rule 6. Do not respawn, glitch in blocks or abuse other flaws

Aug 25 15:49:48 <+ZombieBot> Abzy7: keep pressing R
Aug 25 15:49:56 <+ZombieBot> WARNED: Abzy7 by Dessern5: Rule 7. Use common sense and moderated language. Don't insult
Aug 25 15:49:57 <+ZombieBot> Dessern5: Abzy
Aug 25 15:50:02 <+ZombieBot> Dessern5: Dont tell people to press R
Aug 25 15:50:16 <+ZombieBot> Abzy7: jk

Aug 25 15:55:38 <+ZombieBot> Abzy7: do you know you can glitch through the gates
Aug 25 15:55:52 <+ZombieBot> harmakpaul: That's not allowed, Abzy.
Aug 25 15:55:57 <+ZombieBot> Abzy7: i hav seen people do it
Aug 25 15:56:04 <+ZombieBot> Abzy7: i hav seen it
Aug 25 15:56:05 <+ZombieBot> harmakpaul: And they are breaking the rules.
Aug 25 15:56:11 <+ZombieBot> Abzy7: ok

Aug 25 15:56:53 <+ZombieBot> KICKED: Abzy7 by Dessern5: Rule 6. Do not respawn, glitch in blocks or abuse other flaws
If it were directly up to me, I'd never let you be a trusted here. Not by a long shot. I'd rather not want someone here to be a trusted when they break some of the rules they have to uphold, which happened just a few days ago, too. Thanks for making at least a small effort, though.

• Winner
Reactions: Vatowski

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Spiderbite786 - Your application is being denied on spot for copying answers from willchill's application, as well as part of a post by nillbugwtw in that same thread. For this, you will not be allowed to post another until one month from today, or the 28th of this september. Plagiarism is pretty serious business in the real world, and we do take it reasonably seriously. It's unfair to the person that took the time to write it in the first place to have you try to use it like that, and besides that, we can't trust you if you blatantly rip off another person's text and sell it off as your own.

On top of all of this, you've failed to meet all of the requirements before applying. Five Operator+ references are necessary. Read this thread thoroughly for a more in-depth description of the process. Again, you will need to wait until the 28th of september before posting another application.

To the rest of you (besides Defiant - the information was relevant, important, and I wouldn't have noticed had he not posted it): we'd prefer it that only Zombie Operator+s post in applications. It works better and more efficiently as a whole. Keep in mind that, if you do notice something that seems important, you can always talk directly with a relevant staff member that can handle the problem, which is likely a much better idea than simply posting it yourself. For smaller things like a poster not meeting the requirements, there's no need to fret; staff can and will be able to handle that swiftly. Thank you.