Petition

Reaction score
This is a petition to either add run maps to the rotation and get rid of some crappy maps or make a new rotation that actually has more of the maps people suggested in the map suggestions thread. I think this rotation is so crappy I don't even play it that much anymore. Normally I would just deal with it and wait for the next one, but this one is just so bad. If a map suggestions for the new rotation thread was posted, how come hardly any maps from the lists were chosen? Respond to this thread or rate this post if you agree.

JtTorso

Reaction score
This is very hard to respond to while remaining civil, they'll (the zombie server) get bad maps, some good, some bad, rotations will change, big deal, get over it.

Now for an actually thought out response:
Players aren't the only ones on the server, that's usually the case, there are staff, and not all staff play, not nearly to the extent of the average player (which is what makes players players and ops ops,) anyway, runner maps tend to have minimal rule breakers, you can't really be unreachable or pillar or be in a hiding spot smaller then 2x2x2, the big ones, the rules most commonly broken, an Op gets the lucky chance of a "break," they wait around for 10-6 minutes and do nothing, you might think "oh but that's good for them," NO, Ops need to be alert, be on their toes at all times, this isn't only for the sake of the server, it's for their sake, a bored op (Nothing intended) is an Op that doesn't want to be there and that just means they're more likely to resign, if an Op wants a break they post an official thread and come back in 1-4 weeks, it legitimately adds up and I'm not just pulling this out of my ass, I've seen it happen and am partial a result of it.

• Creative
Reactions: karl_ravech

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, those damn Head Controllers need to change the rotation more. It's not like they actually have to do anything for the server, all they do all day is sit around and laugh at the rotation. To be honest, I think they make bad rotations just in spite of the userbase. I wish they would change the rotation everyday, and make sure all the maps are 100% to my liking. Fucking Head Controllers, they do everything wrong.

--
Note, that may have contained lethal amounts of sarcasm. Basically, runner maps get old. Fast. If we make a rotation based primarily off running maps, I guarantee you that within a week, we'd have people complaining that the rotation is boring.

But Nill, why not change the rotation every week?
Well, little voice in my head, we don't have an unlimited amount of maps. If we were receiving 30 quality maps per week, and we didn't have lives outside of Minecraft, we might be able to change the rotation every week. We have around 350 maps overall, and if you exclude holiday maps and "meh" maps, it brings the number down closer to 200 or 250. With week rotations, that will get old quick.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, only some people like running maps, we don't have a large enough supply of maps to change the rotation every week or two, HCs have lives, and are underappreciated by the large majority of the userbase anyway.
The maps will be changed at some point in the near future, and perhaps there'll be a few more running maps.

~Nill

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I offended you, Nill, or any other of the C+ people, but yeah I understand where you're coming from. I was just getting really frustrated on the server with these particular maps.

• Creative

HadesHunter

Reaction score
1 simple solution to wanting more runner maps is: Making quality runner maps or any maps so more runners get in!
Or here's another solution;

No!

Runner maps get old no matter how good they are. It's how the world works. If the rotation isn't the greatest, oh well. Maybe make some amazing maps yourself? That way there can be some better maps in the rotation. Believe it or not- and this is crazy.. I mean INSANE! - people actually LIKE this rotation! Or at least most of the maps in them. Although, I do agree there are some maps that can be a kill-joy. But you know what? I don't complain about it. (Much.) It's my personal opinion, that I'm sure some might share, some won't, and others might get offended about it. You just have to deal with their decisions.

Kthxbai.

• Creative

fireball0409

Reaction score
People just need to make maps that implement hiding and running. In a creative way, one can make a awesome map for everyone. I am making a map, Helms_Deep, and its both. Its pretty open to run around the battlefield, the fortress, and along the walls. It also has some digging areas and secrets for dem hiders.

• Creative

HadesHunter

Reaction score
People just need to make maps that implement hiding and running. In a creative way, one can make a awesome map for everyone. I am making a map, Helms_Deep, and its both. Its pretty open to run around the battlefield, the fortress, and along the walls. It also has some digging areas and secrets for dem hiders.
Is.. Is it.. SCALED?!

:'D If not, cool :3

But that is exactly what we need, more maps that support both types of survivors. (Runners and hiders) Not just one type of map or the other. We also need more creativity. I'm making a map that is in the shape of part of my basement. In other words; you mortals shall view my lair! MUAHAHAHA *snort* HAHAHAAAAA! I'm probably going to re-create various other parts of my humble abode as well.

Need moar creativity.

• Creative

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Idk if you got this off me minecrafter1414 because I did mention this the other day. I'm not even sure if nobuild128 is in the rotation. Btw I'm finding I am playing the same map every hour or even less :/
-----

So I agree with minecrafter1414 but not the Friday run ( Soz chiling ). I think we need to put more runner maps in the rotation other what's it called "the dirty one" anyway that's my opinion.

• Creative

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
Time for a lesson in genetics...

Think of our map collection as a gene pool. If those genes keep on crossing over with the same genes or related genes, then the result can be deformity/other health related issues, or in our case, a not-so-favored map rotation. HC's do not make the maps, the player base does. So, it is the player base's job to keep our map gene pool deep, full of variety, and healthy. If you don't like the current map rotation or the maps in general, then go and make a map that you think yourself and the majority of the player base will enjoy playing. Listen in on chat conversations and see what people may want in a map.

Don't just sit there all bummed out like a wrinkly, old, soggy potato complaining how the map rotation in boring or dull, when it is your job to keep it interesting. There is no harm in making a map, even if it gets turned down and is the worst map in the history of the universe. Failure is the best way to learn. :)