Petition to add colored Player Nametags

Which suggestion would you prefer?

• Total voters

Kivifreak

Reaction score
So i came up with the idea of colored Player Name Tags. Let's get to the point.
With playerscoreboard you can in Minecraft legitamently change the color of your Nametag.
So here are my suggestions:

Suggestion 1. Colored Nametags depending on Rank.
So Aristocrats for exmple have light blue, settlers have orange player name tags.

Suggestion 2. Colored Nametags depending on Clan,
For example Sancti Crustulam would have orange and Snowfall would have Light Blue. I think there might be a problem for Calns that have multiple colored Names so yeah ;/

Suggestion 3. Colored Nametags depending on relationship with Clans
So this one might be harder to do. Well the suggestion is that if you are in a clan you will see people in different player nametags depending on the relationship on Clans. This would be usefull if you would be in the pvp zone, so you don't attack allies or clan members by accident. It would also be usefull when you would steal a person so you know: Whoops this is my clan member!
Green: This is my own Clan
Purple: This is an allied Clan member
Orange/Yellow: Neutral Clan
Red: Enemy / Rival Clan

Suggestion 4. Why not add health at the player nametags? It is also a feature of the scoreboard command.

New
Suggestion 5. Make a buddy list and if you for example type /buddy DeSeppi
DeSeppi would now have a blue (or other color) for you.
An other command to this regard can be /mark [color] [player_name] so you can mark different people with different colors :)

You could technically also add colored signs, so everytime you see the name DeSeppi for example you would view it orange for sancta or purple for allied. (You know what i mean).

I'm sorry i didn't make a beautiful designed petition but i think it gets the job done and is straight forward.

• Disagree
Reactions: Duffie and Henry

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
There is no real need for this.
  1. With ranks we already have titles so no need for colors it just seems useless.
  2. We have clan tags what is the point to coloring the members of certain clans it just adds a bit more clutter.
  3. Hmmm this idea is interesting but yet again it will basically result in a rainbow chat. Which I personally would not want.
  4. If you're in the pvp zone and you're looking at another player sizing each other up do you want them to know your health? No this one is not needed.
Generally I don't see the purpose to any of these ideas though I like the fact that you're trying to improve the chat I just don't see how this would benefit us at anytime.

EDIT: Maybe I'm not understanding you. do you mean coloring the player's name what not or there title?

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The chat is already colourful eunough, we have couloured clan tags, and coloured rank tags. We don't need to see peoples health. All this would just be a distraction, and is very uneeded. UNLESS we all misunderstood you.
BUT MORE SHADES OF RED AND GREEN REALLY GET MY MUSCLES PUMPING. YOU CAN'T JUST SAY NO TO A TECHNICOLOUR NIGHTMARE!

• Haha
Reactions: Araidian and zezmi

Kivifreak

Reaction score
LOL you all missunderstood me XD
It isn't in the chat but the name on top of the player, not in chat. So if you see a player he will have a color depending on suggestion 1-3. Not in chat or anywhere else.

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Yes, Shotbow does this. They had a thing, where you could buy a gold name.

They also do it on MineZ, where if you heal enough time, you get a green name. Then if you kill enough people, you get a red name. This was all before scoreboard, so I can't say I know much about it, or if you use the scoreboard system for it...

But, it would be cool to have. I don't see any point in the rank names, but perhaps for clan colors? Some clans use multiple colors, though, and I'm not sure how possible that is to color nametags.

The colored nametags for relationship with other other players from other clans is interesting, though... I think I much prefer it to be relationship between players, period. Like, for example, a buddy list from MineZ, perhaps? We could add people to the friends list, and their names would be highlighted, say, blue.

... I guess the main thing I really enjoy out of these 4 suggestions would be the addition of health. It would be an interesting addition, being able to see the HP of people around you. I just don't see it being any great in the PvP aspect of the server.

Kivifreak

Reaction score
Yes, Shotbow does this. They had a thing, where you could buy a gold name.

They also do it on MineZ, where if you heal enough time, you get a green name. Then if you kill enough people, you get a red name. This was all before scoreboard, so I can't say I know much about it, or if you use the scoreboard system for it...

But, it would be cool to have. I don't see any point in the rank names, but perhaps for clan colors? Some clans use multiple colors, though, and I'm not sure how possible that is to color nametags.

The colored nametags for relationship with other other players from other clans is interesting, though... I think I much prefer it to be relationship between players, period. Like, for example, a buddy list from MineZ, perhaps? We could add people to the friends list, and their names would be highlighted, say, blue.

... I guess the main thing I really enjoy out of these 4 suggestions would be the addition of health. It would be an interesting addition, being able to see the HP of people around you. I just don't see it being any great in the PvP aspect of the server.
good idea i add it to suggestions.