Percentage of rounds survived

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Recently there has been a thread made by Kraby1 called zombie records. It shows the people that have survived the most rounds which are tending to be people who are very active. I believe this is in TNT which is called kills/deaths. I just thought it might be a cool thing to see, especially if you want to see how skilled a player is. For example
I've played 100 rounds and have Won 77 of them. That would make my PORS (percentage of rounds survived) 77%. It then comes up when you /Whois.

All feedback will be much appreciated.

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
I don't see any major negatives to the addition of this (if accepted). We already have a main point system through karma, but that caters to our more advanced and experienced player base, which more often then not, tends to be players who have been a part of our community for awhile.

PORS, however, could be more inclusive and competitive throughout our entire player base. A player who only has played for 5 hours on the server, but is amazing when it comes to surviving, could have the same PORS as players such as Choras or Ssonic.

As for the quirk of a player surviving their first round and having a PORS of 100%, it doesn't look like that big of an issue as they earned that win (and if they die the next round they're back down to 50% anyway). Only issue I see is being the first, randomly picked zombie.

Other than that, I like the idea and think it could add more competitiveness to the server :)

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679
L

Later_Gator

I like this idea, however, there could be a *possible* problem with it. I'm unsure if whether or not the server currently records the amount of rounds a player has played. If it does record the amount of rounds a player has played, then this idea is completely fine. Otherwise, there is definitely a problem with it.

***The following's only based on if the server doesn't record the amount of rounds a player has played.***

If this were to be added, the server's coding would have to be changed so it can record the amount of rounds a player has played. The problem with that is that it would start at 0 rounds for everyone (until they log in), which would give weird percentages.

For example, I could have survived 248 rounds but (according the server) only played 2 rounds; Therefore, the percentage of rounds I've survived is 124%.

This *could* work out in two ways:

1) You could just wait for the amount of rounds you played to catch up with or surpass the amount of rounds you survived (which would take a long time for experienced players).

2) All players could have the amount of rounds survived wiped (including the amount of brains eaten, etc.), but I can safely assume that this will be very unpopular.

In conclusion, this is a good idea, but the problem with it is that it would be difficult to adjust it after implementing it. In my opinion, this would be an update for the server if it ever updates to version 4.0.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
The server told you how many rounds played and how many games one before we hit 3.0, the only problem before that is for OPS - It never really factored /ref into it. So the account for operators could become inaccurate.