Payload Map: [Valley]

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Authors:
A lot of shout outs!
I (Araidian) created the map as a whole.
Baker93 programmed the map with Redstone!
AngelWV and SalientGorilla helped with other backhand work. Thanks guys!

Map Name:
[Valley]

Amount of Players:
I recommend 6 - 12

Type of Map:
Payload - PvP Versus

Link to the Map (Or Bloxel world it is in):
I built this map in the community's BuildBox server under my name. Thanks for the awesome plugins!

Screenshots of the map:

Excuse the random pictures. They are in no order, but I was a bit rushed to post this.

Why do you think this map will make a good addition?
I feel this map would be a great addition to the server for many reasons.
1. Remember MoM?
It was a great hit among many of the players. The Payload gamemode as a whole is great. You can defend or push through the fire. Strategize, use every weapon at your disposal.

2. It's quite a small map with a lot of hidden areas.
To the Staff, this map can be easily viewed from any area, and it is easy to record and see all the action that is going on.
With 10 minutes maximum per map, you can host a large amount of games in a shorter time. ;)
Has this map been tested thoroughly? (Proof if possible!)
I have had many staff member search for flaws. The redstone does indeed work. A final test on the A&T server would be nice however!

What extra things need to be added to the map in-game (IE. Difficulty, weather... be creative!)?
Alrighty so:
The monsters should be on Peaceful.
All block breaking should be disabled.
If this map is accepted, there is NO TNT in the map yet to detonate when a team wins/ loses. I've done this to prevent accidental grief. Please ask me to fill in the TNT when nessecary!

There are two teams: Red and Blue.
Blue has to push a minecart along a trail from start to finish. Red must prevent that from happening.
Catch: Blue team has only 10 minutes to do this. If they dont... Thier base blows up and they lose.
If Blue can meet thier goal, they push the cart into the end of the trail, blowing up the red teams base!

Uninterrupted, It took me roughly a minute to get the cart from point A to B. Dragosh98

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
What this map does well:
It looks very beautiful! I like how it is built, it looks really natural, and just great. Do you know how long on average it would take to finish a game, or how long it would take to push the cart without interruptions?

What this map doesn't do so well:
You didn't really say what happens when a team wins, or if anything at all happens.

Should this map be accepted?
Yes

Extra Comments:
I like it. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Araidian

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
You didn't really say what happens when a team wins, or if anything at all happens.
Added more information due to how vague I was. Thanks for pointing that out!
I can show you the map in all of it fullness tomorrow, or ask Buildbox staff to bring you to it. :)

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
What this map does well:
The map looks very nice, well it is very nice. I've had a quick go on it. There are secerets inside the map which makes it good and exciting. All in all a good map.

What dragosh said.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Extra Comments:
I helped make it. So it's bound to be good. ;)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What this map does well:
The map is great! I've seen it myself and the Aesthetics of the map are very well, my only concern is users might go and collect some of the secret-ware and make themselves some decent armour, though, I'm sure the potions and opposing team can easily knock-down someone in some diamond.. but when teams run out of armour, then it may get tough.

Game-play should be good, who doesn't love a payload map? I sure as hell do.

The red team seems as-if It's dominating the map, meaning that it has more percentage over the map but that easily equalized with blue having the bomb, but we'll see when we play!

Yes

Extra Comments:
Nothing to say other than It'll make a great addition to the server! :)

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
What this map does well:
Interesting subject! I like the idea of it. I'm pretty sure our players will love it!

What happens if the cart they push gets destroyed? Because you can still destroy it.

Lets try it out baby!
Extra Comments:
Nice job Arai.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
What this map does well:
It just looks awesome. I love its designed and the fact that the last payload map was played a lot, I am sure this would be as well.

Nothing actually seems wrong with this..Aha.

Yes, Mr Adam West.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
What this map does well:
It adds a new payload map into the game which when i played the other one was tons of fun. It looks pretty good from a creative perspective. Because there is a new payload map it will allow people to have more choice between payloads instead of one or the other.

Does not seem to have anything bad about the map.

Yes

Extra Comments:
Happy payloading :p

Reaction score
Great map! We definitely do need a payload; it was a very unique game-mode!
After much review, this map has been Approved, and will be added to the server on the next restart!
Thank-you for this awesome submission/suggestion!