[Operator] Terre936's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terre936

Reaction score
In-game username: -Terre936
Staff references (Op+): -(NA due to server not being fully released)
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): -(I was a trusted on the Classic TNT Server and a trusted on the Premium TNT Server. I don't hold any current staff ranks)
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: -The responsibilities of the Operator rank would be helping out people that are in need of a staff member. For example, if someone has been griefed by another player, it's the job of the Operator to help them out. I will check the logs of the griefed area and will obtain the information needed to recover any items that have been lost due to the grief. You can either warn or ban the person depending on what he/she did. If it was a minor type of grief, say, stole a few things from a chest, it would be best to give the person a warning. If it was a major grief, it would be better to ban the person. An operator should also help out players that are new to the server. I would tell them the basics of how the server works and tell him to make sure to read the /rules so he won't get into trouble. If I were to ban someone and the person makes an appeal, I would post logs of what made him get banned and would ask him why he/she did that and to make sure he won't make the same mistake again.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: -I've been staffing on the Premium TNT server and I had a lot of fun trough the new experiences of how staffing is on a Blocktopia server. I'm willing to do the best I can on staffing on this new server. I will learn new things and experience more if I were to be chosen as a staff member.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: -If there's a problem I'm not sure of how to deal with, I would ask for help from another staff member who has had a lot of experience of staffing on an SMP server like this one. If the problem is to appear backwards, I would love to help out any staff member that needs help with a problem they aren't sure of how to deal with.
If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: -If a staff member of an equal or higher rank is acting up, I would take logs of the person abusing his/her power's if the person is spawning in any items that they aren't allowed to. If it has to do with insulting players, I would take logs and screenshots of the incident. After I have enough proof, I will give the screenshots to the Director of the server.
What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: -A weakness that I have right now would probably be math. I'm in an accelerated class for math and it's very complicated to keep with a lot of the work since it's all new to us(my class and myself) Even though the accelerated math class is difficult, I will still work on the subject by studying more for coming tests and being prepared for them.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: -I'm a pretty nice guy if you get to know me. I have a lot of friends and know a lot of people from the community. I enjoy playing sports and playing online video games. I would love to meet more and more people from this community, which is what makes every day fun because you get to meet more amazing people from Blocktopia.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: -Well, a lot of you know that I haven't really staffed on an SMP server, but I am willing to learn more about how staffing works on the different servers of this community. I might make a few mistakes on a few occasions, but you know, everyone learns from their mistakes, and I will too. I will make sure I don't make the same mistake again. The next time, I won't make that same mistake again.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my Operator application.
~Terre

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Terre!

We have decided to give you the rank of Operator for server launch. Your application really told us you knew more than we thought about staffing SMP and we are confident you will do a great job. Your great activity and friendliness on Journey to Elysium and from the times we saw you on past SMPs are both great traits and you've done a great job staffing TNT Wars. It will be a learning curve for you, but I'm sure it will go smoothly and you will transition quite nicely.

Have a wonderful time on the server, best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.