Status
Not open for further replies.

Sploorky

Reaction score
In-game username: Sploorky

Staff references: None
Time spent on server: Again, none.
Other server ranks:

Previous Lava Survival Trusted, Operator, and VetOp.
Previous Adventure and Tournaments Guide(Operator) and later Supervisor(VetOp). Rank lost when the server shut down.
Previous Zombie Survival Trusted. Resigned due to time constraints.
Current Lava Survival Controller. Rank held for 2 and a half months.
Current LSMP Controller(handpicked as Controller when the server started up). Rank held for 2 months, 3 weeks.

Teamspeak? Yes, I'm usually on whenever I have access to my computer. Oftentimes, I'm in The Land of Work and Silence, but that means I'm available if needed.

How would you describe the responsibilities of the rank you apply for: Operators are the main staff force of a server. They are the people primarily dealing with problems such as griefs, trolls, and various other rule breakers. Operators must strive to create a friendly atmosphere in the server, and they should work towards being a role model towards players. Also, Operators need to monitor the players for possible future staff, as well as give their opinion on staff applications.

An Operator must be unbiased towards others. This is perhaps one of the hardest responsibilities of an Operator, because you never want to speak up to your friends. But as a staff member, it needs to be done. Due to Operators having access to more commands than players or trusteds, they are also required to be smart and responsible with their powers. Don't mess around with what you don't need to do. Play like everybody else, be an Op whenever it is needed.

Finally, an Op must be levelheaded. This kind of ties to being unbiased, but I mean it in a different sense. An Operator is in no ways better than any other person. They should be humble with their powers. Having elitist staff has ruined entire communities before(Of course, I'm not saying any of the staff here are elitist, I just think this should always be in the forefront of our mind).

Overall, an Operator should be liked and respected, and should be completely humble and unbiased. I think these qualities speak and mean more than listing the duties of what a staff member should do.

Tell us about your experience as a trusted: Nothing on any of the previous SMP servers. My experience as a trusted on classic lava was an important time for me, as it was my first step of learning in being a staff member. Not going to lie here, I thought I was a pretty bad trusted when I started. Of course, since that time, I feel I have improved greatly as a staff member. I felt I did a good job as a trusted on Zombie, though my general shyness(will touch upon a bit later) kind of held me back in some aspects.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I'm Elijah, and I live in Sunny Florida. I've been staffing here for a year now, and I've loved every minute of it. I have a love for film(My current masterpiece that I am obsessing over is The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) , music, books(Some of my all time favorites being The Catcher in the Rye, Animal Farm, and 1984), and I'm really interesting in Psychology. Nothing is more enjoyable for me than just hanging out with friends and having a good time. I try to be a friendly, easily likable person, though I'm often a shy person around people I don't know well. I try to work on that, and I think I have improved greatly since how shy I was when I joined the community. I will always do all I can to help out others and make people happy.

Signed,
Sploorky

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I was reading through all this, and the best part is that I am not the only George Orwell reader around!

With your taste of interest, you will definitely fit in our staff team, I just hope that your controller part won't be an issue to you.
Best of wishes and have fun!

• Agree
Reactions: Marlem and Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.