[Operator] Emo's Discordia Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
This is for Operator.

In-game name: emosquirrel

Staff references (Op+): (nothing but dust here)

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past):
Classic ZS-Trusted/Operator Journey to Elysium- Trusted/Operator

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for- Operators are the base of the staffing operation, and therefore hold the burden of the player-wise(non-technical) problems. Whether it be a silly mishap with a flint and tender or a verbal dispute, the operators are the ones whose must handle it in timely, calmly, orthodox manner. However, operators must of course find a means of regulating fairly and consistent; must communicate clearly to each other. This is why (spoilers to all the young 'uns) we make use of our various methods of communication, mainly the staff forum, to compile a consistent and smooth rule of thumb. But, responsibility also serves when you see a fellow equal ranking operator take unnecessary action with his tool-belt of powers and swerves away from this rule of thumb; usually a general 'I don't think we are suppose to be doing that' can serve for most situations. However, if the fellow is mass-spawning, mass-banning, mass-kicking, etc; it is the duty of the observing operator, or hell, any player to report him the Controllers or Directors in these scenarios (VetOp in less urgent cases). An Operator's obligations also stretch to setting aside a decent chunk of time to give to the glory of the server, and if not meeting this time requirement, report to his higher ups if he expects to be away/inactive for some time.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: Besides my past relative staffing experience, I would like to think I stick out due to my ability of proper communication and sticking up with the most recent rules; being able to keep pace with the fast race that is blocktopia. Whether it just be checking the staff sub-forum to stay updated or a more complex scenario, I would like to say I would informed and ready to deal with said changes.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: Easy! Use my resources; start with the Discordia subforums, perhaps checking that staff announcement about various problems made the other day. If nothing fits what I am looking for, I would ask any staff members on the server at that time. If that fails, I would go onto the IRC and ping ping ping until I find a way to fix the problem.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: I initially had a whole paragraph reaching each and every possibility of this scenario, but it all leads to a similar conclusion. Communication with another higher staff member is key, whether it be a little outburst with no witnesses or a big outburst with a full server.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: Not necessarily a weakness, but something that definitively hinders this application is the fact I practically disappeared after I resigned from Journey to Elysium. The reason being is stress. Not due to IRL stress like you are all assuming, but from a silly little game I would like to call 'Minecraft' on the JtE server itself. "Stress from whom Emo? We can hang 'em for you!" Actually, from no one. This stress was self-inflicted stress, caused by my overly ambitious project-town 'Little-Noggin'. The town just plainly got out of hand; it was too big of a project for myself, and having my IRL friends bail on me didn't help either. It simply made the server unenjoyable for me after awhile, leading to my dwindling /ontime. "What if this occurs again Squirrel?" I'll combat it wisely this time: Just escape to a blank slate. This way I can avoid shooting myself in the foot in terms of /ontime, and be a generally happier person.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I am a 16 year old male, who is enrolled as a junior in high school in Northern California. I play both on the Track and Soccer teams for the school. I am attending two AP courses this year aswell: AP US History(APUSH), and AP Biology. I strive to go a four year college in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.