[Operator] Crashb23's Veteran Operator App

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
In-game username: crashb23
Staff references (Controller+): N/A
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): Zombie Trusted, SMP 4 Operator, JtE Operator, JtE Adventurer (none current)
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: To begin with, the veteran operator rank encompasses all the responsibilities of an operator. This includes day to day tasks like checking griefs, helping new players, and keeping order, as well as voting on applications and suggesting new components to the server experience. However, the veteran operator rank includes tasks that require you to go beyond everyday things. You must be able to deal with problems quickly, and independently, while maintaining the integrity of the rank. You must also be a leader in suggesting new ideas, as well as making sure those ideas get finished and released to the player base in a timely fashion. This rank also requires a lot of time, both in-game, working on projects and helping operators, as well as being available in IRC and responding quickly to problems and questions on the forums.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I would say my best trait right now is experience. I have been staffing with SMP’s for about a year straight now, including time as a JtE vetop. I’ve worked on quite a few projects, and know how the rank works, and what is required of me. I also feel that I can work independently. I can solve problems and make decisions without having to be guided every step of the way. In addition, I’m darned good looking, which will attract more people to the server ;)
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: If it is an immediate crisis, such as a crashed server or other such thing, I would check IRC and other servers for Director’s+ who would be able to solve it. If it was not an immediate problem, I would check precedent such as ban appeals, ask fellow staff on IRC, or shoot the directors a forum PM. The worst thing to do would be to make a random guess about the correct answer, as this could make many situations much worse.
How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I am very well versed with prism (and hawkeye), CommandBook, WorldEdit, EpicBoss, and NBTEditor. I also have some experience with WorldGuard. I am pretty quick with picking up new plugins and their commands, and I make much use of the bukkit forums.
What’s the best thing you have ever read?: My favorite books are the Great Gatsby, the DiscWorld Series, and the Calvin and Hobbes comic strips.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: I have spend quite a bit of time on the internet, and Blocktopia is by far the nicest community I’ve ever seen. Our servers are creative and original, and the players here are friendly and make everything more fun. I think that if we just get the word out about the servers, we could easily have full servers much of the time. It’s not easy to do, but when you have a community like ours, it’s worth it.

Sincerely (and hopefully),

Crashb23 (Russell)

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey crashb23!

We discussed this quite a bit and ended up placing you at Operator for the server start. Following your long period of inactivity in JtE, it did not feel like you had much of a presence around the server. I think it would be better to focus on an Operator rank for the time being, and if the time is right perhaps you could return to Veteran Operator. But don't let this get your spirits down, and welcome to the Dusk of Discordia team!

I hope you will enjoy the server, and have a blessed time.

Reactions: crashb23 and Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.