Operator Application: Kevin_28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_28

Reaction score
In-game username:Kevin_28

Time-zone: PDT (-0700 UTC) or PST (-0800 UTC)

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? Generally varies depending on the day, but about an hour a day

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server? Simply put, an operator's responsibility is to keep the intended gameplay consistently enforced. Specifically, an operator is responsible for enforcing the rules and dealing with those who refuse to obey said rules. Operators also have the responsibility of keeping the atmosphere fun and enjoyable for those who act in a way that is conducive to the desired environment. Historically, Blocktopia lava servers have always operated with the emphasis of creating a community amongst players. An operator is to be one of the driving forces of that concept by interacting with players on the server, forums, irc, etc. on a regular basis. Being an operator is a service to this community.

What sets you apart from other applicants? I realize that this is a game, and while I do feel strongly in enforcing the rules, I put equal emphasis on making sure the game is fun for others. I think every applicant will bring different things to the table. It would be difficult for me to truly distinguish myself from other candidates. However, I do have a great deal of experience with staffing in different capacities. This experience allows me to adapt to different scenarios and find solutions to conflicts with greater ease.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?I naturally like to get along with people and, in rare instances, that disposition makes me avoid serious confrontations. I am the type of person that likes to be jovial most of the time and sometimes that attitude comes out in situations where I'm expected to be stern and direct.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? It depends on the situation. I have no problems discussing the issue with a VetOp+ or even a fellow OP to seek input on what should be done, as well as seeking assistance. If the situation is overwhelming I would step back for a few seconds and try to make the best decision I can that's fair. If I make a mistake I will take responsibility and try to resolve things with the offended party.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have? Lava Classic Server: Operator, VetOp, Controller, Head Controller (Director). SMP: Controller

References: Sploorky,Ogarci, Dessern5, 63LittlePiggy63, Biblius

And RonaldoSkillz just edited himself in to reference aswell.

Thank you for the opportunity. I look forward to serving alongside the Rituals of Fire staff and to serve the community as a whole.

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Oh boy, well, let's get this done.

Kevin, you and I have some history. We started staffing together way back in 2010. Eventually, you moved higher and higher in the ranks until you ended up leading Classic Lava. I see very few cases of former Head Controllers returning to staff again, so it's a bit of an anomaly. This being said, I can raise no single objection to your staffing here. You're a driven, creative, and helpful individual. None of these things need to be said, for they are already known by the majority of our server. Perhaps without certain members, our server changes very little. But without people like Kevin, we lose a vital aspect of the server's culture and spirit.

You staffing here is a no-brainer. I don't even know why I'm still typing this, come on now. You want the vote? You really want it? I know you want it. Well, fine, have it! Have it, you hoodlum! I know you'll do great things here my friend.

+1

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
Previous experience, a really fun, interesting, and overall great person! He knows the responsibilities and carries them all out well. He'd be a fantastic member for the team! The one thing I'd say is probably more ontime, but that's all!

A big +1 from me! (I am containing my excitement so much ohmygoodness)

Reactions: 1 person

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious fact that you were an HC and seemingly didn't go downhill, and all the other reasons to accept this, you're on at the late EST times (like now) when people, especially staff, tend to be asleep, preoccupied, just plain not on the server, etc. If you ask me, another application that just can't be declined.

+1 for making me classic lava vetop

Reactions: MustabearXD

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Considering you were HC of lava, plus you're an awesome person ingame and on TS, I'm completely in favor of you joining the staff.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.