Operator Application / Forged by Dion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rytheria

Reaction score
In-game username:
My in-game username for Minecraft is known as; kingdion, though this is my account there may be other accounts joining under the same IP as I have younger siblings whom enjoy Blocktopia and RoF in-particularly.

Time-zone:
My time-zone consists around GMT+10-11 in Australia.It is an odd timezone and doesn't allow me to be socially active in-front of many staff, but, I try my best.

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?

I'll be able to spend around 3-4 hours daily (average day) on staffing. Depending on a current change of events and/or other commitments (training) may cut down a tad into my staffing. Even so, I'll be able to manage longer than an hour. When it comes to weekends, I'll be able to increase my time depending on the day.

If, however, my request for Operator is placed on trial, I will make haste in keeping IRC available at all times incase contact is needed.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?

There are many responsibilities of which I believe an Operator endures and I believe I understand the circumstances and standards of become an Operator.

If I place this in the most direct way possible, they are there to enforce the rules consistently and manage the work-flows of the server in this most efficient way possible. Operators are there to set a standard for players to work up too, whether or not they want to become one - operators must have a certain active nature, something that works up the environment around them and brings players to enjoy.

These operators must be able to enforce rules quickly, and chisel out players whom go against them. Looking back in the past of Blocktopia, Operators have to be strict and precise - quick on their feet when it comes to moving the server around in a brisk pace whilst having quick answers backed up by evidence to support it.

Alongside all these qualities, I grasp the fact that operators have to understand the player's perspectives, having understood the player it may make ease in dealing with a situation.

What sets you apart from other applicants?

Keeping a powerful and enjoyable gaming environment really builds a server, or, a community in a whole. I believe that maintaining such an environment can be difficult and I push to achieve this goal, unlike others. Though I do keep stable activity, I believe that I live in an odd timezone, therefore allowing me to control other areas of the server as most of the other staff control the other half - thus keeping the server managed at most times of the day.

Since 2009-2010 I've been an avid member of Blocktopia, playing all the servers and enjoying every minute. The experience has allowed me to understand the ways of Blocktopia, and, the staffing process involved within the servers. As I've had some experience in staffing Classic Lava, I believe I can bring that forward and formulate a unique bond between CLava and RoF - experience like no other!

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?

My greatest weakness? I believe that my greatest weakness revolves around consistent times of activity, though I am on daily and spend a lot of time on Rituals of Fire, these are all at different times which can falter my daily outcome. Though, a powerful and efficient way to create a solution would be by managing an IRC client to be available at all times.

Even though I have this minor weakness, I will work past the standards to improve in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

Though I've studied most problems that may regard an Operator, unexpected problems may occur. My personal views would be to step back a notch, put the pieces together and find an appropriate solution regarding the problem, whilst doing so I will put myself in the players shoes and look from different perspectives - grasping the problem. However, if, I'm unsure - I have no trouble in contacting certain staff of higher rank to either ask for assistance or for a small hand (VetOp+), if none are within contacting range there is always another Operator that may know how to deal with this situation.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?

Within Blocktopia I've never reached a rank higher than a Trusted. (TNT and Lava Classic) - though, the experience I've gained from both is enormous and is a contributing factor toward my current staffing abilities.

References:
I thank each and everyone of the staff whom have agreed to reference me, as, I appreciate this fantastic opportunity you have kindly gifted me. You've kindled a spark ready to ignite!
- Biblius
- 63LittlePiggy63
- Forseti

By Kingdion ~ RoF Expert

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Kingdion, I granted you a conditional reference, the condition being you collected two other references. You've fulfilled my request, which speaks volumes. You've worked to become quickly involved with the community. It could use some work, sure, but you're quickly becoming an important figure within Rituals of Fire. You've also worked very hard on your application, as is easily seen, which says quite a bit about your preparation. Your answers are just a bit too short for my tastes, but I do tend to write way too much on my own apps, so it's probably fine.

Overall, I think Kingdion deserves a chance. I vote +1, best of luck my friend.

Rytheria

Reaction score
I thank you for the feedback and your contribution to my application - once again, I appreciate your reference and your vote. Although the answers may be a tad short, I believe they speak a lot and can define what I'm trying to explain. If you'd like some more answers / long depth, shoot me a private message!

Reactions: Henry
H

Harold1995

You are a very friendly and helpful player, Knows the comunnity well and you are quite active!
Wouldn't see why you wouldn't deserve a change! +1

• Thank You
Reactions: Henry and Rytheria

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
You have had previous operating experience, which is always a good component to have, but not only that you are also very active and polite to the players. I haven't seen you on very recently but I did reference you because you have the potential! You're helpful, and I wish you luck on the rest of your application!

+1

• Thank You
Reactions: Henry and Rytheria
D

DarkHender

Hello Kingdion and thank you for applying for RoF.
You have put a lot of thought and time into this application.
Though I am thrown off by the fact that you applied for 3 other Blocktopia servers right after another a few months back.
This makes me worry if your heart for this is in the right place.
I've talked to you about this aswell, and I know you understand why I am worried about this.

For server attendance, I haven't seen you on very much (due to timezones most likely) and while I have seen you, you have not stood out to me.
I'm do not think you're ready to become staff.
I'll have to go with a -1, I'm sorry. Good luck with the rest of your application.

Rytheria

Reaction score
Before I begin any of this, I'd like to thank the players whom have granted me a positive vote within this thread, it means a lot. I'd just like to regard my personal opinion.

As you've mentioned quite briefly, I've foreseen this problem before it's arrival and I can completely understand why this may worry you. I admit that I did apply for three other Blocktopian servers, and, as spoken with Biblius - I call myself foolish for applying in those areas and regret it. I wasn't in the right place, plus, I may look eager from the Operator's perspective and I solemnly did not intend to look this way.

But, hear me right now.
If I wasn't dedicated to Rituals of Fire, would I be an Expert?
If I wasn't dedicated, if I wasn't truly inspired to apply - would I be able to earn three references?
The answer; no.

Now I understand that we all have our own levels of dedication, and, I may not be ready. But personally, from my personal perspective - I feel potential.

P.S - If I sound a tad cocky there, I did not intend to.

For server attendance, I haven't seen you on very much (due to timezones most likely) and while I have seen you, you have not stood out to me.
I'm do not think you're ready to become staff.
For the little amount of time you've seen me, do you really believe you can have fair judgement over my staffing capabilities? Not trying to sound rude or anything of it's sort, but, honestly - I believe a little more research could have benefited us both in this situation - and, could have swayed your decision.

I'll have to go with a -1, I'm sorry. Good luck with the rest of your application.
This is just a little strange, firstly you let me off with a negative vote, then, you wish me good luck? I know it may be the nice thing to do, but it kind of sounds like you're just saying it for the sake of saying it?

Anyway, after I've gotten that off my chest.
I in no way intend to be rude or undermining in this post and I speak no offence to anybody involved. If you'd like more information provided, feel free to privately message me.

(I just feel like I have the right to argue against one given point as it may sway the entire application)

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Okay, I've thought about this application for a long time, longer then I normally do.

King, you definitely have potential. You are active and kind.
One thing that I have an issue with is how much you help out, I don't often see you helping out all that much. You haven't really stuck out to me as someone that would be ideal for staff.

On a positive note, you have ranked up extremely quickly, one of the quickest that I've seen, showing that you have the time to go on the server. But my doubt is that you will dwindle away, become non-interested as it hasn't been a long time that you've played.

I have my doubts about this, I honestly do. I'm not too sure that you're ready quite yet.
I'm going to agree with Dark, and give a -1.
Good luck on the rest of your application, though.

D

DarkHender

"For the little amount of time you've seen me, do you really believe you can have fair judgement over my staffing capabilities? Not trying to sound rude or anything of it's sort, but, honestly - I believe a little more research could have benefited us both in this situation - and, could have swayed your decision."

-Due to timezones I am not able to see you all the time, so I am not able to watch you constantly though from what I have scooped up from logs and from seeing you on the server I don't believe you are ready to become staff, you do not stand out to me as much as I would think a player should if considering to become staff.
I am sorry you feel I am judging you unfairly.

"This is just a little strange, firstly you let me off with a negative vote, then, you wish me good luck? I know it may be the nice thing to do, but it kind of sounds like you're just saying it for the sake of saying it?"

-I wish everyone good luck on their applications no matter how I vote on them, everyone deserves luck on something they wish to achieve.

ThaKingdion

Rytheria

Reaction score

Thank you for informing me and clearing up my concerns, DarkHender. I'll make sure to improve my work ethic to the standards you have provided and hopefully I'll be able to sway your vote. I wish you the greatest day and I thank you for not taking this personally.

Also, cooliorules, as I've told you personally through-out the server, I understand your votes passage and the path you have chosen. Again, I will attempt to improve my work ethic to your and Dark's standards alike.

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I agree with Dark, I haven't seen you much on the server, and when I did you didn't really stand out with being helpful and active. But you do have some potential from what I have seen.
I must say, this application really impressed me! I will vote 0 on this one, good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: Rytheria

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't seen much of you, possibly from *my* activity. Haven't seen as much helpfulness as I'd like to see. App seems promising, if longwinded. 0 for now, maybe see if a trial works out.

• Informative

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly have not seen much of you around probably because of time zones, I'm going to go with a 0 Due to what previous operators have said and your responses to them.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Im sorry I'm to go with a 0 leaning toward a -1. While I have seen you as a staff member for a community I used to staff on, You really don't stand out for me as being a very helpful person, And I feel your just to eager to staff and or just want the rank. However You have staffed other communities in the past and this is one of the best written staff apps I have seen for RoF.

• Informative

Rytheria

Reaction score
This could possibly be due to timezones, and, I try my hardest to be on as often as I possibly can.

Haven't seen much of you, possibly from *my* activity. Haven't seen as much helpfulness as I'd like to see. App seems promising, if longwinded. 0 for now, maybe see if a trial works out.
As I've said before, I'll work on becoming more active and helpful in some areas - though, it can be a little tough at certain times.

Honestly have not seen much of you around probably because of time zones, I'm going to go with a 0 Due to what previous operators have said and your responses to them.
Regularly, whenever I see you it's late at night within my timezone. Generally, staying up too late is not something I'm permitted.

Im sorry I'm to go with a 0 leaning toward a -1. While I have seen you as a staff member for a community I used to staff on, You really don't stand out for me as being a very helpful person, And I feel your just to eager to staff and or just want the rank. However You have staffed other communities in the past and this is one of the best written staff apps I have seen for RoF.
Leaning to a 1-? (nooo :c)
As I've said above, I'm going to work on standing out and improving my assistance within the server. If I just wanted a rank, I could easily open my own server and be the highest rank (if you understand this point). I thank you for complimenting my application, and, I feel very honoured to hear that.

Sorry for the delay, I'll have a clear response to this by tomorrow.
Sounds good man, sounds good.
I thank everybody for their feedback and I will improve on the characteristics you all have informed me into working on.

3+
4 -/+
2-

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
So, where to start... you put forth a lot with this application, there's no denying that. Like Clock, my lack of activity means I am missing some exposure, but I do know how you behave on the server and I like what I've seen. My own personal suggestion would be to show some more modesty, however; when staff are online and readily available to deal with certain situations, it's best to just leave it to them. The helping hand is appreciated, but it's not always necessary.

Other than that sole gripe, I think you're experienced based on the rank you'd achieved in another community, and you've matured since your past in this community... which I won't mention further; it's the past for a reason. My reference is questionable since you asked me on the basis of it being whenever you applied, and I wasn't expecting you to apply as soon as now, but it's understandable.

I have some high hopes for you myself. Have my +1! Best of luck : )

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi there,

Kingdion, I've seen you quite a bit in-game actually. I'm usually on when you are. You get along well with the player base and you are helpful. I was leaning toward a +1. However, even though DarkHender did not take offense, I wasn't very pleased with the way you answered her concerns. Operators are to express their opinions of you given their experiences with you on the server. Even though you stated that you were not trying to be rude, it certainly came off that way. I'm going to leave it at that and give you a 0, leaning towards a -1.

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)

Rytheria

Reaction score
First of all, thank you for the feedback.
Secondly, I understand your concern and I realise an Operator's duty - I just feel like I can express my own feelings in this situation - though I did not intend such rudeness, it may have came out.

I also thank DarkHender for not taking offence to my rudeness.
It shall not happen again~

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
So, it seems that half of the 0/-1 votes are because of timezone differences, and the other half seems like a small misunderstanding. I'm usually on at both sides of the timezones, and I can confirm that kingdion has been very dedicated as a player and has been giving as much effort as he possibly can to helping out on the server. The application is in EXTREMELY good shape too; 100% effort was given to it, and I can easily point this one out as a great example to a good application.

I can understand some concerns about how he responds to some of the votes, but what I see is that he is just expressing how he feels about the response, which isn't bad in any way, shape, or form. The ability to argue efficiently is a really important trait, and the way that he responded to the votes were definitely fair. If it were to be a vulgar argument, then that would be different.

ThaKingdion, I personally feel that you can do great wonders with this rank, so we're going to put you on an Operator trial to see how well it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.