Operation: Connection

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Alright kids, you know all of this?

That's our beautiful map, with many beautiful things to it, including the player-made towns.

My proposal to you all today involves connecting these towns with a minecart railway, all from spawn, with 2 major stations: North and South. The builder of said railways will be I and some volunteers.

Most of you will be wondering two things:
"But Emo, why no Nether Network revival?"
I personally like the feel of travelling by minecart in the overworld, and it is indeed more realistic. Plus, it's a new thing, not a revival of a something.

"Emo, you realise they are revamping the minecart system in 1.8 right?"
I anticipate this fully. Planning will be done pre 1.8, allowing for plenty of resource gathering to be done. Building will be done post 1.8, making for an efficient building pattern.

This project will be a donation-ran one, the reason why I think it works for DoD. Although you don't have donate to be connected, priority will be given the donators to the project. If your town wants to donate to the project, simply message me in game, and I'll use the funds to produce whatever I need towards the project.

A leaderboard-type list of donors will be kept here:
1. Sherpas 54,700
1. Spire 10,000
2. Tradial, 2500 topians

This project should help some unity, along with speedy transporation, to our land of Discord.

Last edited:

RulerofBlocks

Reaction score
I can definitely agree with this. Travel is immensely hard through certain biomes and can also take up to half an hour or more for long journeys. I will definitely ask Tradail to donate to this cause. Keep up the good work, emosquirrel!

• Agree
Reactions: froyd and Naoh

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
I can definitely agree with this. Travel is immensely hard through certain biomes and can also take up to half an hour or more for long journeys. I will definitely ask Tradail to donate to this cause. Keep up the good work, emosquirrel!
This is a fantastic idea emo ;) Tradail would be overjoyed to be a supporter of this project! Can we build our own "Station" in our town?

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Hmm what about PvP? They can kill you...

Also awesome idea :D
Yeah, a method to hopefully counteract this is being thunk of. I'm thinking adding the stations into the town's borders is a great start. And a PVPer can't camp ever station can they? c:

RulerofBlocks

Reaction score
Yeah, a method to hopefully counteract this is being thunk of. I'm thinking adding the stations into the town's borders is a great start. And a PVPer can't camp ever station can they? c:
The stations could be set up as pvp free zones, like villages. I mean, it might not help, but it's a thought. Possibly an area surrounding the station that is pvp free. We'll have to see how it goes :)

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Why not have the stations drop you off into a cell where you can choose to leave at any given time or another, thus not being dropped into the jaws of a pvper, but instead have a choice.

Reactions: Naoh and Wink

Adobewedge

Reaction score
I've been collecting Minecart rails and redstone for a project like this.

Count me in for time and support. I really enjoy infastructure building like this. :D

Reactions: Naoh

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Always wondered why the connection system is so screwed up.

I can give as much money as you need (though I'll need time, selling stuff is slow business) if you give me a minecart (or at least keep them somehow publicly accessible) :D

Who do I donate to (besides you ofc, we rarely meet)? C:

(Also if the project needs wood, sticks or redstone, I have a bunch of all.)

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Thank you guys for donations and the future donation offers.

Current Plans are that there will be two central hub stations at spawn, one 'North Central' and one 'South Central'. Both of the stations will have 3 major branches off each one, each leading to a respective area of the map. (i.e. South Central station has 3 branches: South-West, South, South-East.)

I plan to be building these soonish, still smelting stone. Along with this, I'll set up a hopper-system at spawn to take all your guys donations c:

Northern Station started, along with a donation system set up by it, donate!

Last edited:

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
~28 redstone blocks and 230 iron ingots donated (I spent over 3000 topians on the iron. (didn't realize it was so expensive xD) The redstone is just all around me and i dont need it, so I figured donating would be good.)
(along with some small redstone powder amounts (read: stack or two); that was before I realized redstone blocks exist)

I also threw in a poisonous potato by mistake, so sorry about that :I

I can give you stone bricks (got bunches of both coal, charcoal, furnaces and cobble for it) once I finish some stuff. :D

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
~28 redstone blocks and 230 iron ingots donated (I spent over 3000 topians on the iron. (didn't realize it was so expensive xD) The redstone is just all around me and i dont need it, so I figured donating would be good.)
(along with some small redstone powder amounts (read: stack or two); that was before I realized redstone blocks exist)

I also threw in a poisonous potato by mistake, so sorry about that :I

I can give you stone bricks (got bunches of both coal, charcoal, furnaces and cobble for it) once I finish some stuff. :D
Stone Bricks would be appreicated! And no worries about the potato, 'no crap' retains to more or less people filling it to the brim of just utter garbage. (i.e. EMO NEEDS ONE OF EVERY FLOWER, BETTER THROW THOSE IN)

Spl99

Reaction score
I'm still starting out so I havn't currently got a whole tonne of spare resources (or money for that matter) but once I've built myself up a bit more I'd be more than happy to donate what I got. It takes me a full ingame day atm to get from my home to the spawn, which is currently the nearest shop to me. It'd be awesome to have a rail system near to me.

Would it be possible (obviously not straight away) for branch tracks to be made? Like, after the main part is done, extra tracks leading to smaller areas? I'm not expecting to get a railway outside my door, I'm too remote and too small to even be worth such a task but could there be random branch stations spread our around the world?

• Agree
Reactions: TheEagle7828

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
I'm still starting out so I havn't currently got a whole tonne of spare resources (or money for that matter) but once I've built myself up a bit more I'd be more than happy to donate what I got. It takes me a full ingame day atm to get from my home to the spawn, which is currently the nearest shop to me. It'd be awesome to have a rail system near to me.

Would it be possible (obviously not straight away) for branch tracks to be made? Like, after the main part is done, extra tracks leading to smaller areas? I'm not expecting to get a railway outside my door, I'm too remote and too small to even be worth such a task but could there be random branch stations spread our around the world?
Good question! At soon as the main rail-paths are done, I would love to branch out to smaller communities.

Right now, I'm hoping for the rail system to work somewhat like the NN worked. Each station leads to another type of thing. We start off at one of the grand stations with 3 big branches, that hopefully branch off the stations that those lead too.

And sorry for my temporary absense guys, windows 8 is a bigger bully than @smelyalata

• Thank You
Reactions: smelyalata