Old SMP nostalgia Thread

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Since the father of primordia has finally given up and left us to go to a better place, i suggest we post our favorite screenshots, stories, and memorable moments from all the old SMP servers onto one thread, in an attempt to remember towns lost, mountained areas destroyed and mass terraforming projects annhialated (this one's aimed at you silvervale ;D)

Post away!

hyere's my highlight of all the servers, the first megaportal, custom designed to my requirements, activated by GmK, it was at this point when we realised the bug with the custom portal mod in that any solid block as an inactive state would cause the portal to not work upon server restart :p

Reactions: Duffie

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
Jayfeather21 said:
I still can't believe all of this went poof in a week.
Yeah... Poor planning on my part. Spent more time planning the buildings than I did the infrastructure. On top of that, didn't manage my time all that well, changed plans about three times, so the final result was far from what it was going to be "in the books."

Also, it probably would've been around a lot longer if PEOPLE WOULD'VE READ THE SIGNS. Honestly, some of the player base was half the issue... You try to get them to not build cobblestone boxes, everybody gets mad, and we had to change course in less than a week. I know it was never CMP, but half the goal was to make aesthetically-pleasing civilizations that imitated reality in some way, shape or form. Guess I could've organized that better. Oh well! Primordia is amazing though. :D

...And I managed to dig up a cartograph of the facility from above.

Oh, and people didn't seem to care too much for walking. ;)

Reactions: IQD and DaniNomsYou

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah... Poor planning on my part. Spent more time planning the buildings than I did the infrastructure. On top of that, didn't manage my time all that well, changed plans about three times, so the final result was far from what it was going to be "in the books."

Also, it probably would've been around a lot longer if PEOPLE WOULD'VE READ THE SIGNS. Honestly, some of the player base was half the issue... You try to get them to not build cobblestone boxes, everybody gets mad, and we had to change course in less than a week. I know it was never CMP, but half the goal was to make aesthetically-pleasing civilizations that imitated reality in some way, shape or form. Guess I could've organized that better. Oh well! Primordia is amazing though. :D

...And I managed to dig up a cartograph of the facility from above.

Oh, and people didn't seem to care too much for walking. ;)
@Skittz Was my Limo.

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
If anyone posts a picture from the SMP before the one Phantom just posted, I will give that person 10 Iron Ingots on Primordia. (Has to be a good one!;) )
Ahha! Those shots are very new compared with a few of my photos :)

I have no idea which SMP version these are from, but I know they are old. The second one has theonesmp.com on it for flips sake :)

The first photo is a shot of Aval, the old LCD. It was also from the time when I couldn't build for crap hence the town looking very... cobblestone.

EDIT: I spy a date on the second shot, 27th of November, 2010. Almost a year ago.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score

I have no idea which SMP version these are from, but I know they are old. The second one has theonesmp.com on it for flips sake :)

The first photo is a shot of Aval, the old LCD. It was also from the time when I couldn't build for crap hence the town looking very... cobblestone.

EDIT: I spy a date on the second shot, 27th of November, 2010. Almost a year ago.
But-but- old/new/not the newest SMP :c

copycat16

the lava god follower
Reaction score

omg mac thats the day i first play smp i see my name on the player list awesome

Reactions: Mac27

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
So many things went poof with the forum reset we had :(

I should be able to dig up a few pics of our very first (Jab) SMP server, and I think I have map overviews of the very first map we used when I took over SMP deving. Let's seeee...

@Mac27

Lol, in your livemap shot we can see @garen10 s HUUUUGE cactus farm that managed to crash and burn the server :D

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't really have any pictures (or plans) for the very old SMP server. However, I kept pretty much everything from the the facility I've been posting. Instead of pictures, though, here are some diagrams and plans that I used to construct and organize the facility. The first image is a larger version of the one @Shinyshark posted. Enjoy!

(I took the above photo while building the MANDLA building. The lighting effects created a heart inside the arch)

I'll post more if I feel like it. ;)

Reactions: Gamefan__15

Nazza1

Reaction score

-Sniff- Its my little Aval =) And the Cactus farm is still there! I helped build that c: