OH LOOK! here comes the new guy with a server idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diago21

Reaction score
Wow, this is a great idea, honestly, I'd love to throw myself in to be a staff member if this idea every rises up, I'm sure many members and fellow staff can vouch for my maturity plus I have experience as a Build Adv, Lava, TnT and SMP OP. But if I don't get it, that's fine. ^.^

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
I could easily throw together a classic server for this if required - Players could be timed and hit a special block/area at the end to get a score/points/best map times, obligitory lava pool to kill those to fall.

It would also make a good plugin to add onto an existing server... Or a 'special' lava map, since the death mechanics are already there and can just throw lava across a floor. Could even use tubes to keep the lava moving up and keep the players moving...
Bit of a late response forgive me...

If you can code this in, it would make for a good addition to lava survival, especially with the rising lava as you discribe it. The focus would shift off of building, and onto actually surviving. Questions for me would be if there is a way around people pushing each other, lava flow timing (Do we have variable release times these days? Seeing as lava needs to start flowing near instantly on such a level, and the round time will be quite a bit shorter then the normal time, I imagine)

all that said, I can see myself making a level for this, fairly easily.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
I don't even know what you're talking about, All I said was Blocktopia Itself is not lacking staff (Other than TNT/Lava lacking a bit), I was simply stating that the servers need more mature and respectable staff and not ones that like to argue with users - Not stating who does so, And not everyone is like that.
Yes we are. There are stretches of several hours every single day that servers go unattended.

Reactions: Pick Yer Poison
Reaction score
Great idea. If this was created as a server there could be a certain level of Parkour implemented. like Different maps running such as a parkour map, race map, and maybe a CTF or KOTH map aswell.
Razinao said:
When we integrated CTF into TNT Wars [and KOTH, mind you], lots of people wanted to only play CTF, because it was new and theoretically a far more improved version than other CTF servers out there. However at the same time many people wouldn't want to play these CTF maps as they derail too much from the original concept: kill and get points.
If CTF, KOTH, Parkour, and race became a server like this, it would reduce stress on the other servers. Once again there is the issue with money. But if it was accepted by the community im sure donations would keep all the servers running.:running:

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
If I may interject it might actually be an interesting thing for Primordia itself.

At the same time i'd find SmartMovement to be an even better thing this would work for. Classic has a monotonous set of jumps that are available, 2x1, 2x0, 1x1, 3x0, 3x-#, 2x-# and so on. These are very limited in my opinion, and the course is just going to get repetitive. Sure, you could probably hide it if you did some angled jumps and a close timer, but still!

Status
Not open for further replies.