Event - Released Ogar's FTB Series

Do you have interest in playing some Modded MC type servers?

• Yes, let's do it!

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • I'd like to, but I'm concerned about my PC handling it.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Yes, but I won't play it.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No, go away.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Game: A series of Feed The Beast/Modded Minecraft events and servers

Description of event:

This is a little lofty, but I'm making this suggestion in order to gauge interest in the FTB game-type as there's a lot of possibilities. This would be a series of events surrounding Minecraft modpacks, and would only be done one at a time.

The first event/server would be a normal FTB server in order to get people introduced to the gameplay. The pack chosen would likely be a mid-sized modpack so that players with normal PCs can play too.

From there, the next iteration could be a hardcore FTB pack such as FTB Infinity Hardmode, ProjectOzone2 Kappa, or others that are much more complex compared to a 'normal' server. Or possibly a quest-based modpack like one of the Material Energy series.

Another option is to have a competition-style event where groups of players sign up and have a limited time to build a factory to make a product and the winning team is selected based on things like the complexity of the factory, the aesthetics, output, etc.

Something else I think could be pretty awesome is a modded build server. A plot world, a normal world, kinda like Create but with building mods like Chisel & Bits, Chisel, Carpenter's Blocks, and others. No end goal, just a casual place to build awesome shit that's way more complex compared to vanilla minecraft.

List any required admin assistance:
Minimal? I have a basic understanding of MC servers and FTB, but not much with FTB servers. I usually just host them for dirtcake and I, maybe one or two others that always get trusted with admin. Never had to do anything with restrictions against nukes or anti-grief, which would have to be done in this case.

Current stage of completion:
Haven't started. If there's some interest here it won't take long for me to acquire a server and start testing it. That being said I'm not going to waste my time if only 5 people are interested.

Expected date of release:
A week max, given adequate interest.

Other notes:
FTB has a reputation of being very resource-intensive on both clients and servers. Having multiple players only exacerbates that. There's also a LOT of things in these modpacks that would have to be blacklisted to stop people from planting a nuclear reactor in your base and overloading it, or making 4363456345 new dimensions and breaking the server. The larger the modpack, the more difficult it is to regulate and the harder it is on servers.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Jog my memory
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/ftb-infinity-evolved.20714/

I was focusing on a bit of other stuff, so did not play it much personally, however if I remmember correctly, it did not have the greatest playercount, and it also diminished pretty quickly.

People that were more involved in the server; was there anything that could be done better this time?

Maybe a bit more advertising the event beforehand? Not quite sure, just want to make sure we dont do the same mistakes twice =)

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/ftb-infinity-evolved.20714/

I was focusing on a bit of other stuff, so did not play it much personally, however if I remmember correctly, it did not have the greatest playercount, and it also diminished pretty quickly.

People that were more involved in the server; was there anything that could be done better this time?

Maybe a bit more advertising the event beforehand? Not quite sure, just want to make sure we dont do the same mistakes twice =)
ER gonna be completely honest, I think that whole thing was just a whole different stew of problems...

I'll assure that any CDE will be properly put on all of our social media sites, and will be advertised as so. I will hopefully talk to the user once we get the CDE accepted, and work from there considering graphics, videos, or anything else if they want it.

EDIT: Also I give this a thumbs up, I think it's a great idea.

Last edited:

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
What if we had like a goal for players to work towards (Ex. a certain item that takes a lot of work to get to) as a sort of competition between players?
I think this would give players something to work towards and keep them coming back to the server even more.

The prize of this would have to be something that is maybe not too exclusive to the whole of Escrst, but one that keeps in mind the players that might not be able to join the server at all due to internet/computer setbacks (if that makes any sense). Atm I don't have any ideas for a prize along those lines, but I might think of some later. (but do share if you have a prize idea)

Last edited:

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What if we had like a goal for players to work towards (Ex. a certain item that takes a lot of work to get to) as a sort of competition between players?
I think this would give players something to work towards and keep them coming back to the server even more.

The prize of this would have to be something that is maybe not too exclusive to the whole of Escrst, but one that keeps in mind the players that might not be able to join the server at all due to internet/computer setbacks (if that makes any sense). Atm I don't have any ideas for a prize along those lines, but I might think of some later. (but do share if you have a prize idea)
That's what a server after the initial one would look like.

It'd be like:

1) Normal server. Just play. Get introduced to FTB and modded minecraft.
then:
a) hardmode server
b) creative build server
c) competitive factory teambuild server like i described in the original post and you redescribed

or something

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
That's what a server after the initial one would look like.

It'd be like:

1) Normal server. Just play. Get introduced to FTB and modded minecraft.
then:
a) hardmode server
b) creative build server
c) competitive factory teambuild server like i described in the original post and you redescribed

or something
Oh I must have completely missed that in your post. Well my idea was more along the lines of having a single item to work towards, but I like the idea of a competition that has players building a factory instead.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
b) creative build server
DEAR GOD YES

In all seriousness, I've always wanted something like this because there's a lot of mods that add cool new building blocks and decorations. I honestly think the way you have things planned out and such are great, and I don't see a problem with all of this. I think the system would work quite nicely, actually. Hope you can get everything figured out, and if you need any help feel free to PM me.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I haven't decided 100% if this is worth doing.

If I do it it will be next week. I'll decide tomorrow
Official details posted soon. Server will go up this Friday or more likely Saturday. Taking suggestions on what modpack to do, it will likely be something like ftb infinity evolved which has something for everyone, I haven't kept up with newer mod packs and versions.

Reactions: Danni122112

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If people want to notify their friend, old community memebers etc. that may not know that this is coming up, that would probably be good, if you think they might be intersted in this!

I certainly will