Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Username: Ogarci
Rank Requested: Veteran Operator
Current/previous positions held:
Currently, I'm a Controller of Lava Survival. In the past, I've been a CMP operator, a Primordia operator, the Head of Primus, and a member of the Content Builder team of Primordia.

List what you believe your greatest strengths are:
I like to figure out the best ways to get things done. I'm detail oriented. I excel in communication with my peers and colleagues. I always analyze problems efficiently. I don't settle for average. I always try to find middle ground in a conflict. I handle well under pressure. If I have a passion for something, I do everything in my power to make sure I'm the best at it. There's always room for improvement.

I have almost one and a half years of experience in staffing, both on classic and on premium servers. I know what it takes to be a great operator, I know what it take to run a server smoothly. I know how to administer staff. I know how to handle the trolls, the assholes, the jerks, and anything else that's thrown at me. I know how to deal with abusive/out-of-control/inappropriate staff members. I know how to go above and beyond what it takes to be just an operator.

From a technical aspect, I have skills in everything from McForge to Bukkit.Voxelsniper, WorldEdit, McEdit, VoxelPort, Craftbook/Falsebook, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), forums, Google Docs and much more are completely familiar to me. I have skill in building, as Malcovent knows from the portfolio he was sent earlier. If there's something I don't know or understand, I know how to easily access the persons or information that I can learn from.

List what you believe your greatest weaknesses are:
My varying levels of activity are what holds me back the most. I'm an Assistant Manager at my workplace, and work full time (32-40 hours a week). I'm still a senior in high school, and attend school during the weekdays. Despite this, I'm confident I can handle the duties tasked to me.

Teamspeak?: Yes
Microphone?: Yes

Previous Offenses?:
I was banned from Lava Survival LONG before I became staff there. Of course, I appealed and was unbanned.

What you believe your position entails?:
I believe my position as a Veteran Operator would be dual-folded. The first being the basic staff member part. Making sure the rules are enforced, ensuring everything runs smoothly. Making sure the server is the best possible environment for the players to enjoy. Above all else, my duty as an operator is simply to make the server better in every aspect possible.

The latter half is what distinguishes operators from Veteran Operators. The personal drive to constantly make yourself better. The desire to serve the community and others. The focus and work ethic to drive the server to a better place. The ability to push others around you to do the same. The ability to persevere through failure, criticism, rejection, assholes, and pressure. The capacity to have ideas to improve the server and the passion to implement them.

In less than 20 words, summarize yourself: I'm a hard worker. I'm stuck in what I believe. The glass is full, be it air or water.

Statement of good faith:
I completely pledge myself to the things above. I know I have had a less than successful past with SMP, but I've grown since then. I feel that I would've stayed with Primordia until the end had it not been for some updates that led to my total dissatisfaction with the game-play. I hope this is water under the bridge, I hope the past is past. I love the Blocktopia community, and I can say without a doubt that I will do whatever it takes to make things better.