EggNog

c:
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Arctoae
  • Intended Gamemode: Classic
  • Creator(s): NogTrog
  • Size: 100x100
  • Biome: Tiaga
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) : Map: https://imgur.com/a/Lx1Bh Timers: https://imgur.com/a/pZIKB
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Nooooope!
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: No
  • Any extra information about your map?: Its a small economicly based arctic village in the mountains. Due to the whole point of Classic maps being able to build more interesting builds on RoF the is plenty of room around the map mainly in the mountains but in the valleys as well to build. Thats pretty much it!
  • Download link (optional)?: /warp Arctoae

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like this map- partially because I think the matching of the stonebrick and and greywood with the environment created looks really pretty, imo. Though it might make the map look a bit dull to some people, the ground is grey and so are the buildings? For me, this was balanced by the occasional touch of colour, but it may not be for others. It's a really beautiful map and I'm a big fan of the landscaping since I myself enjoy a lot of jumping up the mountains and sitting on the top looking at everyone build o3o. I really hope to see this in the mix, actually! Goodluck, +1

• Thank You
Reactions: EggNog

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
I want your map in RoF. So pretty. I most definitely want to explore this map tomorrow. \o/ (I'll edit back when I've explored)

Last edited:
  • Thank You

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
WiiGoGetter
Kevin_28
Hoogilan
Ragetastic96
std1997
CaffeinatedKitty
cooliorules
midnightgirl24
Tamzies
Elandrir

Yo, I know ya'll obviously aren't keeping up with these map submissions (with a few exceptions) but, I would of thought I would of had more feedback after the map has been up over a WEEK and especially considering your CONTROLLER pinged ya'll two days ago not to mention half of you have viewed this thread yet found it not in your interest to reply. Not trying to sound like an ass but, I'm new to RoF submissions and if anything is wrong with my map I would like to know so I can fix it! Okiebye!

(thank you toliet and X_x for prompt replies <3)

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Yo, I know ya'll obviously aren't keeping up with these map submissions (at all)
Excuse you. There are over 20 map submissions to consider. I understand the frustration with not getting input, but some of us have made an effort to comment on almost every one of these. I can also say that regardless of whether or not they comment here, your submission as well as all the others will be considered and voted on/rated for the competition.

That being said, I understand that with the competition ending this Sunday, you want input right away so that you know what to fix if necessary. I'd look on BB but for some reason I can't connect to the lobby. So here's my bit based off the screenshots:

The map is very pretty. I like the look of the landscape. I can imagine how cool this will look at night when it's snowing. (Especially if you have night vision goggles). The biggest issue I see is that there's little to no flat-ish land. I imagine people digging out bases in the mountain or editing the houses into bases that won't melt. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, though. Leveling out a bit of land won't hurt anybody as long as they can navigate the terrain. Looks good altogether. I'm in support of it being added, can't say much for the competiton, though. You're up against a lot. Good luck[BCOLOR=#ffffff] +1[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Excuse you. There are over 20 map submissions to consider. I understand the frustration with not getting input, but some of us have made an effort to comment on almost every one of these. I can also say that regardless of whether or not they comment here, your submission as well as all the others will be considered and voted on/rated for the competition.
Apologies, obviously you (and a few others) have been replying to other submissions pretty regularly. I am just rather frustrated by the lack of replies to this submission, and many others like it that have gotten little to no replies up until this point. Despite there being 20 submissions it is still the staff's job to reply to every single one (hence the frustration). Nonetheless thank you for your reply.

• Agree
Reactions: Ragetastic96

Kevin_28

Reaction score
WiiGoGetter
Kevin_28
Hoogilan
Ragetastic96
std1997
CaffeinatedKitty
cooliorules
midnightgirl24
Tamzies
Elandrir

Yo, I know ya'll obviously aren't keeping up with these map submissions (at all) but, I would of thought I would of had more feedback after the map has been up over a WEEK and especially considering your CONTROLLER pinged ya'll two days ago not to mention half of you have viewed this thread yet found it not in your interest to reply. Not trying to sound like an ass but, I'm new to RoF submissions and if anything is wrong with my map I would like to know so I can fix it! Okiebye!

(thank you toliet and X_x for prompt replies <3)
Note that it wasn't much of a ping since LavaPrem hasn't worked in months... However, point made and it is still valid point that I need to get on my game and comment. It's a solid map. Nothing really stands out to me as being interesting and inspiring creativity, but hey, that's just my opinion. Still a nice looking, well built map, and I'll be happy either way. O

• Thank You